What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CJ?K in 2013 (1 Viewer)

I'm not enamored with speed backs in fantasy football, but I love when you see a guy blow through the line of scrimmage and you can see the confidence in the way he runs because he just knows he's going all the way.

Banger said:
Is it just me or did Chris Johnson look much slower on that run than earlier in his career. Don't get me wrong, he's still very fast. But he used to be almost "other-worldly" when he ran. He faked out number 29, then 29 almost caught him. It seems like earlier in his career he would have beat him by five yards to the endzone.
hard to tell there....he had the angle, it's preseason and he still got in easily. I'll happily take 5 - 6 of those "slow" td runs. Even if he doesn't have the blazing top end speed that he once did, he still looked explosive on the cutbacks and accelerated quickly.
Agreed. He's obviously not a 4.24 guy anymore, but he's still very fast. No reason to go full bore if you don't have to, especially in the first pre-season game of the year.

Banger said:
Is it just me or did Chris Johnson look much slower on that run than earlier in his career. Don't get me wrong, he's still very fast. But he used to be almost "other-worldly" when he ran. He faked out number 29, then 29 almost caught him. It seems like earlier in his career he would have beat him by five yards to the endzone.
hard to tell there....he had the angle, it's preseason and he still got in easily. I'll happily take 5 - 6 of those "slow" td runs. Even if he doesn't have the blazing top end speed that he once did, he still looked explosive on the cutbacks and accelerated quickly.
Agreed. He's obviously not a 4.24 guy anymore, but he's still very fast. No reason to go full bore if you don't have to, especially in the first pre-season game of the year.
saw it the same way too. that juke at almost full speed looked barry-esque. the train is off to a good start. all aboard!

He's slow by Chris Johnson standards, which would still be Top 10 in the league IMO.

Just look at his quick acceleration after he almost comes to a complete stop with the juke.

Full speed, juke almost to a stop, quick burst back to full speed.

That's what I really like to see. It also looks like he slows up at about the 8 yard line because he knows he's in.

ALSO: YouTube took that link down, so here it is from NFL.com : http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000227841/Can-t-Miss-Play-CJ2K-58-yard-TD-sprint

Last edited by a moderator:
brohan this guys is pretty good at football and i would use a pick on him if i could but i bet that i will not get to that is the truth brohans take that to the bank

Rotoworld:

The Nashville Tennessean calls Chris Johnson the most impressive player of Titans camp.
Per beat writer Jim Wyatt, Johnson has appeared "fresher and more explosive," and is "catching the ball better than he did last season." CJ?K took Redskins CB Bacarri Rambo to school in Thursday's preseason opener, juking him out of his shoes for a 58-yard touchdown. Johnson hasn't run with consistent energy or effort the past two seasons, but might finally be ready to go all out with the Titans sporting a much improved offensive line. He's Rotoworld's No. 15 running back.

Source: Nashville Tennessean

The guy probably slows down in practice every day at that point, once he's busted past everyone. It's preseason; I wouldn't put your stop watches away just yet. He did some speed training for that cheetah showboat thing. I don't exactly know what that is, but whatever speed training is for CJ has to be a good thing.

If he has another explosive run amidst some giant holes, it might make him a first round pick for FF.

Aside from his potential and the merits of selecting him, I think there's a real concern that he is someone else's #2 RB. It's hard to gauge starters that might not play a lot in preseason, but I think CJ exploding for big gains is what everyone in FF wants to see; that's the temptation that will force them to draft him a little earlier.

He's slow by Chris Johnson standards, which would still be Top 10 in the league IMO.

Just look at his quick acceleration after he almost comes to a complete stop with the juke.

Full speed, juke almost to a stop, quick burst back to full speed.

That's what I really like to see. It also looks like he slows up at about the 8 yard line because he knows he's in.

ALSO: YouTube took that link down, so here it is from NFL.com : http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000227841/Can-t-Miss-Play-CJ2K-58-yard-TD-sprint
Brings a tear to my eye. Look at the blocking up front, everyone gets a hat on, then he makes DE miss only to top that by leaving the Safety's jock at midfield as he runs at what seems like 3/4 speed the rest of the way in with his buddies. Just beautiful but Locker will need to keep teams honest to make this truly work.

Agree that Locker is the key. If he struggles, and defenses can stack the run, then I think that CJ is enough of a head-case that he'll pout and not do much. But if Locker can keep a defense honest, and if a promising O-Line keeps improving, then look out.

I think Johnson is going to surprise some people. He's flying under the radar right now, but getting decent yardage and a ton of touches.

The touchdowns and the big runs will come.

Exciting to think they'll get him more involved in the passing game.

It's actually pretty nice knowing his floor is around 8-9 points non-PPR and he has the ability for a very large cieling.

I own him in both of my main leagues, so I've probably got gold tooth tinted glasses, but I'm liking what I'm seeing and see his point total going up from here.

One of the few workhorses but he needs to break one or score a td because locker doesn't throw to the backs. Trying to deal him for spiller.

I love him this year. Brutal early schedule that gets easier after the bye.
People said the same thing last year when he didn't produce, and the previous year when he didn't produce. Just accept that he's going to give you average to below-average numbers in about 75% of his games with the occasional big game. RB2 at best.

Edit: Arbitrary numbers here but he's scored 12 points or less in 27 of his last 35 games.

People said the same thing last year when he didn't produce, and the previous year when he didn't produce. Just accept that he's going to give you average to below-average numbers in about 75% of his games with the occasional big game. RB2 at best.

Edit: Arbitrary numbers here but he's scored 12 points or less in 27 of his last 35 games.
His schedule really is night and day though. He's been good through 3 games and he's getting a ton of touches. Starting in week 9 you don't want this guy on your team? I see big games ahead.

How many drafted him to be a RB1 this year?

arbitrary is spot on. totally different team this year. oline is much improved and qb is an upgrade

Johnson has put up decent numbers to date. He's averaging just over 10 PPG in my league. He needs to score some TDs though and fast. Luckily he's my flex player behind Charles and Murray. What's been really disappointing is the lack of targets in the passing game to date, 3. Hopefully that is going to change.

The fact that he hasn't busted a big run, scored a TD, or been catching passes, yet people aren't panicking because he's still putting up decent numbers is a great sign going forward.

The fact that he hasn't busted a big run, scored a TD, or been catching passes, yet people aren't panicking because he's still putting up decent numbers is a great sign going forward.
Exactly. Ill take a guy as my RB2 or RB3 that has consistently been getting 20+ touches and 80-90 yards a game.

The opportunity is there and he's going to have some bigger games.

8-9 points a game is not a bad floor to have.

Gore was putting up similar stats until Thursdays break out party.... Johnson is due to break out with those carries he's getting... Jake the Snake getting more confident will help keep the D's honest

Gore was putting up similar stats until Thursdays break out party.... Johnson is due to break out with those carries he's getting... Jake the Snake getting more confident will help keep the D's honest
I missed the game, but everything I've read was the O was night N day better with Britt out of the game. It's a shame, he had it coming...whatever the viewpoint on Britt, it's oh so welcome to read positive things about the Titans offense for a change. I'm hoping CJ joins the party. I wouldn't want Nate to be the stud for the remainder of the year, concerned he can't hack it as a serious #1, but I appreciate what he's done and how he's done it. Hopefully, the rook steps up or maybe Britt comes around. They still could use a star WR, but Nate and Wright motoring all over the field seems like a pain in the neck for defenses so "I'll take it." Chain moving is just fine especially with the players so happy, but a homerun threat from CJ (or Britt or Hunter) would be a nice addition.

I just don't see the homerun ability anymore when I watch him, either the defenses have sped up or he has lost a step I'm betting on the latter. Every year people make excuses for this guy but I just think we can accept the fact he is no more than a high flex position. Especially in ppr his value is low because locker doesn't even look his way l.

I drafted him last year as well as this year. By the time be started picking up numbers last year I had no chance of sniffing playoffs. I wasn't impressed with his numbers this year (admittedly haven't seen a titans game) so I traded him for Mathews and D Wilson. Figured I can play matchups and hope for bigger scores.

I drafted him last year as well as this year. By the time be started picking up numbers last year I had no chance of sniffing playoffs. I wasn't impressed with his numbers this year (admittedly haven't seen a titans game) so I traded him for Mathews and D Wilson. Figured I can play matchups and hope for bigger scores.
Ouch you got trade raped. I hope he used lube

Well I sat him this week for Tavon Austin and that's looking like a bug mistake. But in all honesty, this guy is just not the same guy that ran for 2K. I think almost everyone posting on this thread is wishfully thinking. He is no more than a flex and moving forward James Jones will play in his place. You can take the "guaranteed 9 points." I want someone who might actually score a TD.

Lol James jones in the flex. Hope you like goose eggs, I'll take floor of 9 with the possibilities of long tds.

I just don't see the homerun ability anymore when I watch him, either the defenses have sped up or he has lost a step I'm betting on the latter. Every year people make excuses for this guy but I just think we can accept the fact he is no more than a high flex position. Especially in ppr his value is low because locker doesn't even look his way l.
He's still very fast but I don't see that extra gear he used to have.

The lack of receptions is just baffling.

Well I sat him this week for Tavon Austin and that's looking like a bug mistake. But in all honesty, this guy is just not the same guy that ran for 2K. I think almost everyone posting on this thread is wishfully thinking. He is no more than a flex and moving forward James Jones will play in his place. You can take the "guaranteed 9 points." I want someone who might actually score a TD.
What kind of RBs do you have where Chris Johnson is a flex? I would think most people drafted him as their RB 2.

People need to start rethinking Chris Johnson. Or maybe completely disassociate this one from the 2k one. He doesn't get goallines, few targets, and needs to break a long one to score which is completely impossible to predict.

Ouch. I just traded CJ for Cruz and Kendall Wright in a 14-team, 3 WR league

What kind of RBs do you have where Chris Johnson is a flex? I would think most people drafted him as their RB 2.
Went T. Rich, Forte and Johnson. 10 team must start two RB with a flex. I walked out of that draft cackling like Dr. Doom. I'm 1-2...

steveski said:
Big time. This time last year he had 33 rushes for 45 yards. Right now he's got 69 carries for 256 yards.

What bothers me is he works Awfully hard for those 9-10 pts when someone like Danny woodhead goes and gets 5 catches and 50 yes along with a few rushing yards and he outscores him. They need to get him in space throwing him the ball a few times a game.

Kwai Chang Caine said:
Went T. Rich, Forte and Johnson. 10 team must start two RB with a flex. I walked out of that draft cackling like Dr. Doom. I'm 1-2...
So your RB1 is playing like a RB3, your RB3 is playing like a RB2/3 and you are pissed off at your RB3? Sounds like some seriously misplaced anger.

he showed it in preseason and we all thought OK he's back to being considered as a first round pick. That was 6? weeks ago.

He can still fly

2 receptions already today. Matches his season total. WOOOOOO.

Maybe they're learning (or have they both occurred since Locker went out of the game)?

Kwai Chang Caine said:
So your RB1 is playing like a RB3, your RB3 is playing like a RB2/3 and you are pissed off at your RB3? Sounds like some seriously misplaced anger.
Huh?How'd you fellas enjoy that 3 point day today?

Jets DL was awesome today. Horrible play calls as I don't CJ ever ran wide, but totally thoroughly impressed by the Jets DL

What bothers me is he works Awfully hard for those 9-10 pts when someone like Danny woodhead goes and gets 5 catches and 50 yes along with a few rushing yards and he outscores him. They need to get him in space throwing him the ball a few times a game.
Good call

Woodhead took him cj to the woodshed this week

Man- If I were an NFL team in need of a RB I'd pitch trades to TEN.

Wearing the welcome out faster than wearing out the tread.

I wasnt too optimistic against the jets d because they are the best right now against the run. However does having fitz boost his value? This smart guy should be able to dump it off to cj and mske him look good right?

Users who are viewing this thread