What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clinton Portis is a MORON! (1 Viewer)

obxlegends

Footballguy
(KFFL) Ryan O'Halloran, of the Washington Times, reports Washington Redskins RB Clinton Portis said Monday, March 27, he tried to convince RB Edgerrin James to sign with the Redskins. "I kept calling E.J. to come up here, and we would have had one of the most dangerous backfields ever," he said. "Bo Jackson and Marcus Allen co-existed. I told him to sign for less money, and he wouldn't have to do as much work. We would have run into the record books."

====

What a moron!

Portis is a bit of a goof. Seems Gibbs and his teammates even appreciates his humor.

As far as this thread, why not call every top level free agent and ask them to sign with your team?

Let me get this straight...

A guy is willing to forego personal accomplishments to make his team better and he's called a MORON?!?!

:rolleyes:

why not call every top level free agent and ask them to sign with your team?
Exactly. Portis and James both played at the University of Miami and go there to work out with other alums. I don't see how trying to convince your buddy to come play on your team and help you win is a bad thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

A guy is willing to forego personal accomplishments to make his team better and he's called a MORON?!?!

Part of his quote was: "I told him to sign for less money, and he wouldn't have to do as much work. We would have run into the record books" Looks like he was thinking of himself (or maybe U players in general) and records. And was he willing to take a pay cut for the skins to have him. He might not be a moron, but with his Friday "costumes" he is g-a-y.

How much is Portis making? How much is he asking Edge to sign for just so that he can be on the same team? MORON! Now if he was willing to take a substantial paycutt to go toward Edge's joining the team, now that would be :thumbup: But I doubt he would be willing to do that anymore than Edge willing to sign for less money to be with the Skins in a RBBC.

The balls he has in order to have the best running team in the NFL. What an unselfish son-of-a-#####. Why do theses stars always have to think about winning first........

(KFFL) Ryan O'Halloran, of the Washington Times, reports Washington Redskins RB Clinton Portis said Monday, March 27, he tried to convince RB Edgerrin James to sign with the Redskins. "I kept calling E.J. to come up here, and we would have had one of the most dangerous backfields ever," he said. "Bo Jackson and Marcus Allen co-existed. I told him to sign for less money, and he wouldn't have to do as much work. We would have run into the record books."

====

What a moron!
It's an outrage, I tell you, an outrage. :mellow: [/Dukakis]

====

What a moron!
:shock: We must have different definitions of what makes a moron.

This thread proves that some people just can't be happy unless they have something (or someone) to complain about.

Worst. Thread. Ever. :thumbdown:

This thread proves that some people just can't be happy unless they have something (or someone) to complain about.

You dont find it ironic that the highest paid RB in the league is asking the top FA RB to take a HUGE paycutt so that he may platoon with him? The fact that it seems he was serious makes Portis a MORON.

Worst. Thread. Ever.  :thumbdown:
You dont find it ironic that the highest paid RB in the league is asking the top FA RB to take a HUGE paycutt so that he may platoon with him? The fact that it seems he was serious makes Portis a MORON.
You're not being very icy, pots.

Icy? :unsure:

Didn't Portis renegotiate his contract this year to help the team with the cap? Or was that some other player I'm thinking of?

Worst. Thread. Ever.  :thumbdown:
:lmao:

Keep 6 Start 1 QB 2RB 2 WR 1TE 1 point per 25 yards rushing/passing combined 6 points TD's, 1 point 10 yards rushing, 1 point 10 yards receiving, 6 points TD's

QB - Culpepper, Brunell, Griese, Philip Rivers, Josh McCown

RB - Shaun Alexander, Chris Brown, Deuce McCallister, Sam gado, Cedric Houston

WR - terrell Owens, Galloway, Santana Moss, Kevin Curtis, Javon Walker

TE - Shockey , Witten

Keep 6 Start 1 QB 2RB 2 WR 1TE 1 point per 25 yards rushing/passing combined 6 points TD's, 1 point 10 yards rushing, 1 point 10 yards receiving, 6 points TD's

TE - Shockey , Witten
Any openings in your league?

The first night of free agency this year Portis also called several players the Redskins wanted to talk to and sign. This was approved by the front office, and may even have been requested by the front office.

But of course, if you say he's a moron, then he is.

Keep 6 Start 1 QB 2RB 2 WR 1TE  1 point per 25 yards rushing/passing combined 6 points TD's, 1 point 10 yards rushing, 1 point 10 yards receiving, 6 points TD's

TE - Shockey , Witten
No. Home town league. About 7-8 Sharks and the rest Guppies. This will be our Eigth year and it's really sort of a smaller quasi dynasty league. You keep 6 year to year. That's 72 players protected and the next year's draft is all the leftovers and the incoming rookie class. Then of course the in year Free Agency - Waiver Wire. No draft pick penalties or subtractions for players. Once you've got em' you can keep em' forever.I was really waiting for a "what's this got to do with anything?" reply and being able to say ,"Well, I just thought it went along with the thread title and analysis." You know, does this topic mean anything and how does this very isolated bit really garner the time of others.

Really, I think you're going to learn more by helping me out than wasting time with this thread.

Plus I get to act like a moron :P :D :thumbup: by being incredibly obtuse in an incredibly obtuse thread.

Keep 6 Start 1 QB 2RB 2 WR 1TE  1 point per 25 yards rushing/passing combined 6 points TD's, 1 point 10 yards rushing, 1 point 10 yards receiving, 6 points TD's

TE - Shockey , Witten
No. Home town league. About 7-8 Sharks and the rest Guppies. This will be our Eigth year and it's really sort of a smaller quasi dynasty league. You keep 6 year to year. That's 72 players protected and the next year's draft is all the leftovers and the incoming rookie class. Then of course the in year Free Agency - Waiver Wire. No draft pick penalties or subtractions for players. Once you've got em' you can keep em' forever.I was really waiting for a "what's this got to do with anything?" reply and being able to say ,"Well, I just thought it went along with the thread title and analysis." You know, does this topic mean anything and how does this very isolated bit really garner the time of others.

Really, I think you're going to learn more by helping me out than wasting time with this thread.

Plus I get to act like a moron :P :D :thumbup: by being incredibly obtuse in an incredibly obtuse thread.
I was shooting for the same thing you were with my response ("any openings in your league" seems to follow roster postings). Guess my attempt didn't work any better :bag: :banned:

Part of his quote was: "I told him to sign for less money, and he wouldn't have to do as much work. We would have run into the record books" Looks like he was thinking of himself (or maybe U players in general) and records. And was he willing to take a pay cut for the skins to have him. He might not be a moron, but with his Friday "costumes" he is g-a-y.
I guess the thought that "we" could mean his team, the Wash Redskins never crossed your mind huh?

Users who are viewing this thread