What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CNN now calling burning cities mostly peaceful protests (1 Viewer)

There is no guilt by association here?
How is there?  Because you believe some of the people committing violence are highly involved politically?  How many who are looting do you think actually vote?  How many do you think are actively supporting policy?

What association anyway?   Are there politicians who have praised violence and looting?  Supported it?

How is there?  Because you believe some of the people committing violence are highly involved politically?  How many who are looting do you think actually vote?  How many do you think are actively supporting policy?
I would bet every penny I have that more violent protesters are Democrats than Republican.

I would bet every penny I have that more violent protesters are Democrats than Republican.
Which did not answer any of the questions I just asked.

As well as deleting part of my post and other questions that you decided to avoid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also claiming "the left" if rioting...so we shouldn't vote for "the left".  As if its some collective group of rioters that are running for office...
Put a few more minutes of thought into it instead of twisting someone's thoughts around (who you claim to ignore)  :lmao:

Can someone very simply explain what it is that Trump should be doing, that he hasn't done to put an end to these riots?  Please be specific in what actions he should take, is allowed to take, etc. that he has refused to do.

Can someone very simply explain what it is that Trump should be doing, that he hasn't done to put an end to these riots?  Please be specific in what actions he should take, is allowed to take, etc. that he has refused to do.
Not tweeting or retweeting about MAGA patriots on their way...or retweeting QAnon and conspiracy types who only instigate violence (like Posobiec)?

Not tweeting that the only way to stop violence is through strength....or his insults about Biden being "the guy right now in his basement unwilling to lead or even speak out against crime, will never be able to do it!".

Do you think those things are helpful to any of the situations?  Or tweeting "LAW & ORDER!!!"  Though, that one maybe he was just watching a really good episode and got excited.

Outside of offering federal troops to patrol american streets...what has he done?

"Look at the destruction of New York City. No one is left and it’s just so sad to see it in this state."

https://mobile.twitter.com/TimFullerton/status/1300133516047462402

Burning cities is not an issue for me in Miami, or most people in the USA. Crime has been going down for decades, across Democrat and Republican control, in almost every city. How many cities are burning?
A troubling trend for all Democratic-run cities/states.  

I'm not sure the root cause could be more clear.

Not tweeting or retweeting about MAGA patriots on their way...or retweeting QAnon and conspiracy types who only instigate violence (like Posobiec)?

Not tweeting that the only way to stop violence is through strength....or his insults about Biden being "the guy right now in his basement unwilling to lead or even speak out against crime, will never be able to do it!".

Do you think those things are helpful to any of the situations?  Or tweeting "LAW & ORDER!!!"  Though, that one maybe he was just watching a really good episode and got excited.

Outside of offering federal troops to patrol american streets...what has he done?
:lol:

As if that's insignificant...

The gun and amo industry owes Trump and Fox news for fear mongering about cities burning and safety in the suburbs. One of my co-workers decided to add more amo to his already lethal arsenal, and he lives in a gated community. 

He needs to be an actual leader for once and try to bring the country together. The divisive rhetoric and tweets are adding even more fuel to the fire. 

"Look at the destruction of New York City. No one is left and it’s just so sad to see it in this state."

https://mobile.twitter.com/TimFullerton/status/1300133516047462402

Burning cities is not an issue for me in Miami, or most people in the USA. Crime has been going down for decades, across Democrat and Republican control, in almost every city. How many cities are burning?
Atlanta isn’t burning down as well, it’s actually the exact opposite as there’s currently tons of construction going on to build more office buildings and high rise apartments. I mentioned earlier in the thread that pretty much everyone I hear complaining about ‘our cities burning down’ are people who are never even going to the city.

I asked for specifics.  Platitudes won’t stop what’s going on. 
It won’t stop what’s going on but it can help prevent it from getting worse. If we’re looking for things he can do to stop the rioting, he could address the core issue of these riots by passing significant police reform measures.

It won’t stop what’s going on but it can help prevent it from getting worse. If we’re looking for things he can do to stop the rioting, he could address the core issue of these riots by passing significant police reform measures.
Then have the legislature present a bill that he can sign.  Again, I’m asking what it is that people think he could have done to stop this?  The answer is nothing.  Apart from sending in the national guard, he actually can’t do much.  This is a state and local government problem and trying to pivot to blaming trump is completely illogical.  The mayors of these cities and the governors of the states have done little to quash the riots and in some cases have tacitly given the ok by masking what is going on by portraying them as “mostly peaceful”.  The media has aided in this portrayal.  It’s shocking.  

Offering federal troops is all he can do.  And he’s been rebuffed by multiple governors.  Repeatedly.  I don’t disagree that no one wants federal troops in the streets, although I contend that is the only way to get these places under control.  Regardless, that is his only action available.  He’s tried, and no one seems to want it.  To imply that this is because of him or that he’s done nothing to stop this is ridiculous.  

Then have the legislature present a bill that he can sign.  Again, I’m asking what it is that people think he could have done to stop this?  The answer is nothing.  Apart from sending in the national guard, he actually can’t do much.  This is a state and local government problem and trying to pivot to blaming trump is completely illogical.  The mayors of these cities and the governors of the states have done little to quash the riots and in some cases have tacitly given the ok by masking what is going on by portraying them as “mostly peaceful”.  The media has aided in this portrayal.  It’s shocking.  
Oh, I agree the Democratic city leaders are responsible for the protests happening in their cities. They definitely deserve blame for allowing the violent and destructive ones to go on as long as they have. 

The problem is, stopping the riots does nothing to address the core issue. Another video of a cop wrongfully killing someone will come out and the riots will start up again because our leadership failed to do anything to address the core issue. 

Thats really all any President can do. So why run on being able to actually do anything then? 
I agree.  Which is why everyone saying this is trumps fault and he’s not doing anything to stop it are outside their minds.  He’s offered the only thing he CAN do and due to politics, the gatekeepers of these cities have told him to pound sand.  It’s their fault.  

I agree.  Which is why everyone saying this is trumps fault and he’s not doing anything to stop it are outside their minds.  He’s offered the only thing he CAN do and due to politics, the gatekeepers of these cities have told him to pound sand.  It’s their fault.  
I don't think any politician can stop it in a free society. Mankind is violent. If it's not people killing people it's governments killing people. Been that way since the beginning. 

I don't think any politician can stop it in a free society. Mankind is violent. If it's not people killing people it's governments killing people. Been that way since the beginning. 
No, they could stop it immediately.  They choose not to.  They can then limit it by giving police the tools they need to do their job.  They want to do the opposite.  Well some democrats do at least.

This is not accurate.  

They could be stopped immediately.  Mayors and Governors are making poor decisions.  

Democrats gonna Democrat I suppose.

Trumps mean tweets are to blame for the violence, not Democrats forbidding federal assistance to quell the riots because they think that burning down cities and destroying their communities will hurt Trump and help them win an election. 

If you would vote for people like this you are sick in the head

Offering federal troops is all he can do.  And he’s been rebuffed by multiple governors.  Repeatedly.  I don’t disagree that no one wants federal troops in the streets, although I contend that is the only way to get these places under control.  Regardless, that is his only action available.  He’s tried, and no one seems to want it.  To imply that this is because of him or that he’s done nothing to stop this is ridiculous.  
Its not always about doing something...sometimes doing things doesn’t help...like his rhetoric and fanning the flames.

Who is just saying its Trumps fault?

The point is he is blaming Biden in a way..painting a picture that this is Biden’s America...all the while he is the actual president laying  blame on a guy who holds no office.

Its a real shame all those republican governors wont allow in the national guard to quell the riots, but this is Trumps America after all

Not talking about “blame”.  Asking whether re- electing Trump solves the violence on the streets issue.  
Trumps mean Twitter posts are divisive, not the Democrats running on a platform of rabid identity politics for the last 20 years. 

Who is just saying its Trumps fault?
We can start with Mr. Joe 'We are not safe in Donald Trump's America' Biden.

The point is he is blaming Biden in a way..painting a picture that this is Biden’s America...all the while he is the actual president laying  blame on a guy who holds no office.
The silliness is Biden blames Trump for 'fanning the flames'.  The true culprit of 'fanning the flames' are predominantly on the left and are those who are constantly stirring up hatred with their lies and even aiding and abating the looting and violence by downplaying it by characterizing it mostly as peaceful.  Virtually every race story which comes up the initial report is grossly distorted or an outright lie.  The 12-year-old kid just out buying skittles.  The hands up don't shoot non-sense.  The Jussie Smollett fiasco.  The NASCAR noose stuff.  The guy nearly beaten to death is falsely accused of out trying to run over people.  This kid recently being charged with 1st degree murder who was clearly defending himself by every legal definition.   It is the leftist media, the politicians and many people in this forum. Downtown Portland is just a wonderful paradise of peaceful protests according to several here.  Forget all the murders, the looting, the vandalism, businesses being shutdown.  It is all wonderful!.  Oh sure, no one comes out and says, we support the looting and violence.  But by lying and downplaying the violence, trying to blame others for it, and exaggerating and lying about these stories which leads to violent rioting, the left certainly has their fingerprints all over these acts.  

Not talking about “blame”.  Asking whether re- electing Trump solves the violence on the streets issue.  
Tough call.  Two things will stop it.  The far left crazies deciding they are going to stop rioting and looting or Trump sending in the National Guard for law and order.  I don't think the far left crazies are going to stop their violence on their own.

The silliness is Biden blames Trump for 'fanning the flames'.  The true culprit of 'fanning the flames' are predominantly on the left and are those who are constantly stirring up hatred with their lies and even aiding and abating the looting and violence by downplaying it by characterizing it mostly as peaceful.  Virtually every race story which comes up the initial report is grossly distorted or an outright lie.  The 12-year-old kid just out buying skittles.  The hands up don't shoot non-sense.  The Jussie Smollett fiasco.  The NASCAR noose stuff.  The guy nearly beaten to death is falsely accused of out trying to run over people.  This kid recently being charged with 1st degree murder who was clearly defending himself by every legal definition.   It is the leftist media, the politicians and many people in this forum. Downtown Portland is just a wonderful paradise of peaceful protests according to several here.  Forget all the murders, the looting, the vandalism, businesses being shutdown.  It is all wonderful!.  Oh sure, no one comes out and says, we support the looting and violence.  But by lying and downplaying the violence, trying to blame others for it, and exaggerating and lying about these stories which leads to violent rioting, the left certainly has their fingerprints all over these acts.  
I disagree and if you think its mostly the left fanning flames and lying, you just simply arent paying attention.

Have a nice day...I have zero need to het into that stuff with you.

• Thanks
Reactions: rct
I disagree and if you think its mostly the left fanning flames and lying, you just simply arent paying attention.

Have a nice day...I have zero need to het into that stuff with you.
Of course you don't, because you like to bury you head in denial of the extreme bias and misinformation is spun up by the media in spinning their racially charged narratives.  

• Laughing
Of course you don't, because you like to bury you head in denial of the extreme bias and misinformation is spun up by the media in spinning their racially charged narratives.  
No...its because you are as biased and condescending and snarky as anyone you claim is on the other side and its not worth discussing things with you...it is not worth discussing things as it adds nothing to the board and only muddies it up when I do.  Therefore, its better for everyone if I just don't address you.

Good bye.  I will no longer reply to you...please don't become another one of my shadows.

No...its because you are as biased and condescending and snarky as anyone you claim is on the other side and its not worth discussing things with you...it is not worth discussing things as it adds nothing to the board and only muddies it up when I do.  Therefore, its better for everyone if I just don't address you.

Good bye.  I will no longer reply to you...please don't become another one of my shadows.
Thank you.  PLEASE keep your promise.  I provided a half dozen examples of extremely bias reporting on high profile cases which spun these false narratives.  You choose to ignore the evidence.  Enough said.   

• Thinking

:lmao:

This is some great schtick right here.  But please keep your promise

I know a little bit about the Insurrection Act because it was oft discussed after Katrina here. It wasn't implemented here because basically looting and a lack of police was not considered sufficient to meet the term of an insurrection under the Constitution. It was used in NO during Reconstruction because we had people here looking to overthrow the republican (small r) state government by force (which for a bit in 1874 they did). The Insurrection Act only goes as far as the Calling Forth provision in the US Constitution lets it, and it has to be counterbalanced with the idea that the American Revolution was at least partly about keeping the British military off American streets, out of its economy and out of citizens' homes. The Posse Comitatus Act only reinforced that original intent. 

You have some other points here besides the constitutional one - states have their own state guards, they don't need or want the Feds interfering and possibly exacerbating what are basically local issues. And that last argument is a claim currently being made about the President, and IMO the civil unrest issue hurts the Dems politically and they surely know this and it's also why it was almost the whole theme of the RNCC this past week.
Yeah, the Insurection Act REALLY can only be used as an absolute "must" case because of the ramifications and can of worms it opens up.  I just think the administration could do themselves good to educate WHY it's not as simple as the president saying I'm going to do it.  Maybe they expect citizens to understand the laws that govern them.  

It would probably do us citizens good to know more, also. On average, a lot of people say things, pass judgment before knowing all the facts, rules, consequences.  
It's kind of funny because I bet anything if President Trump had jumped out day one on this and said "I'm sending in the troops to nip this in the end" the Democratic party and most media would have drawn Hitler mustaches on his pictures and printed them.  They already (heinously and casually without giving any decency) compare him to a Nazi and fed agents as storm troopers.  That is really sad for anyone to hear that understands how serious a statement that this to be tossing around just to get an emotional reaction.  What happened in those days are unspeakable.  Nobody deserves to be lumped in to that comparison unless they truly ARE like that. 

Trumps mean tweets are to blame for the violence, not Democrats forbidding federal assistance to quell the riots because they think that burning down cities and destroying their communities will hurt Trump and help them win an election. 

If you would vote for people like this you are sick in the head
That's why we need to vote for Biden.  

People are tired of the double standard when it comes to race relations in this country.  There's a breaking point and a lot of people protesting have reached it.  

Users who are viewing this thread