What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Coach Otis All-Value Team (2 Viewers)

BTW, does someone really have to bump this thread like every two weeks? I think everyone already understands that these were some of the worst calls made. Nevermind...it's always fun to bump this thread. In fact, let's have a schedule where one of us bumps this thread every 2 weeks until the start of next year!The Jerome Harrison call was really disturbing because I told this Otis guy that Peyton Hillis was the way to go because you have to take into account reward PLUS COST, and at that time the cost of Harrison was still pretty high since you would have to trade for him (this was a week or two into the season) while the cost of Hillis was NOTHING since he could still be found on waivers or FA lists around the league. Of course he disagreed and went on and on about how much Hillis sucks and Harrison was awesome. This was two weeks into the season. He refused to change his opinion when the facts dictated that he do so.Adaptability is a necessary ingredient of fantasy success. I gave up a really good WR early in the league to get Deangelo Williams (before the injury). The main reason was that I wanted to keep him for next year. Now, I may not even decide to keep Deangelo because it would mean dropping Forte, Blount, Crabtree or Best. Being stubborn at this point will only hurt me, I may have to just drop Deangelo and keep one of the younger players. Time will tell.
Link to your blog?

BTW, does someone really have to bump this thread like every two weeks? I think everyone already understands that these were some of the worst calls made. Nevermind...it's always fun to bump this thread. In fact, let's have a schedule where one of us bumps this thread every 2 weeks until the start of next year!

The Jerome Harrison call was really disturbing because I told this Otis guy that Peyton Hillis was the way to go because you have to take into account reward PLUS COST, and at that time the cost of Harrison was still pretty high since you would have to trade for him (this was a week or two into the season) while the cost of Hillis was NOTHING since he could still be found on waivers or FA lists around the league. Of course he disagreed and went on and on about how much Hillis sucks and Harrison was awesome. This was two weeks into the season. He refused to change his opinion when the facts dictated that he do so.

Adaptability is a necessary ingredient of fantasy success. I gave up a really good WR early in the league to get Deangelo Williams (before the injury). The main reason was that I wanted to keep him for next year. Now, I may not even decide to keep Deangelo because it would mean dropping Forte, Blount, Crabtree or Best. Being stubborn at this point will only hurt me, I may have to just drop Deangelo and keep one of the younger players. Time will tell.
Im not sure what this has to do with anything?Although i will say your keeper choice is easy, stick with Blount, he is a modern day Jim Brown.

BTW, does someone really have to bump this thread like every two weeks? I think everyone already understands that these were some of the worst calls made. Nevermind...it's always fun to bump this thread. In fact, let's have a schedule where one of us bumps this thread every 2 weeks until the start of next year!
:X I just want my dollar that I was promised.

It's amusing how the soundness of an analysis is typically inversely related to the shtick level used when pushing it.

When all of this are home runs next season, will I get extra credit for seeing this unfold even FURTHER in advance?

I sure hope so. Stick to the skies, gentlemen.

When all of this are home runs next season, will I get extra credit for seeing this unfold even FURTHER in advance? I sure hope so. Stick to the skies, gentlemen.
I'll send you a buck next year when you hit all these homerums. In the meantime, it's time to pay off your 2010 debt.

I had my interns process the payments. Unfortunately for you guys, after we accounted for envelopes, postage, and room and board for the Cambodian orphan licking stamps, it turns out we would have burned right through the thirty large.

So, we will instead be donating 30 grand to this foundation.

:)

I had my interns process the payments. Unfortunately for you guys, after we accounted for envelopes, postage, and room and board for the Cambodian orphan licking stamps, it turns out we would have burned right through the thirty large.

:cry:
Why don't you send all the dollar bills you owe everyone to Joe and David?Then they can lower the cost of a FBGs subscription by a buck to everyone next year.

hark ProductsOften shark products are found in the most unexpected places. Shark meat is available in restaurants, cafés or supermarkets, even under diverse other names: smoked fish strips, dried cod/stockfish, rock salmon and as an ingredient of Fish & Chips or imitation crab meat.In the health sector, shark cartilage powder is marketed as a healthy food supplement, even though shark cartilage in this form is about as healthy as powdered pig's ears. In addition, shark liver oil (rich in Vitamin A) is frequently an ingredient of the popular cod-liver oil.Highly problematic is, however, the marketing of shark cartilage as an anticancer medicine. An article appearing in the December 2004 issue of "Cancer Research" confirmed that shark cartilage preparations have to date shown absolutely no effect in treating cancer.Shark products are found in dog food, fish meal and even in fertilizers. Shark skin is used to make leather products such as purses, shoes or watch straps.Looking at industrial usage, the squalene won from sharks is, for example, used as a basis for lubricants and cleaning agents, even though the equivalent squalene compound can be won from plants.On the other hand, shark collagen has less market chances in the gelatine sector (food/pharmaceuticals), even though Spain in particular is trying to penetrate the market with shark collagens and hydrolysates. Spain, as one of the world's largest shark fin producers, passed a law in 2002 prohibiting fishers from only landing fins. The law states that the entire shark's body must be landed, as a result the shark's body is now used to make cartilage powder.In the cosmetic sector, the collagen won from shark cartilage is used in antiwrinkle creams and other collagen preparations. Shark collagen is a) free of BSE and b) kosher, which makes it interesting for the Arabian and Israeli markets.

QB

Sam Bradford

RB

Jerome Harrison

Matt Forte

Larry Johnson

WR

Mike Williams

Wes Welker

Eddie Royal

Pierre Garcon

TE

Todd Heap

Heath Miller

K

?

...Neil Rackers / dart board...
I'm still not sure what the controversy is here. I think the lesson here is always cover your picks. Backing up Harrison with Hillis, Johnson with Torain, and Royal with Lloyd would have worked out here.

The only real fail is the Miller call. Welker was a miss I suppose but then no one saw Moss getting traded and the offense being reverse engineered mid-season.

Forte was right on; Garcon was a hit; Heap had one of his better years; Bradford was ok; Seattle Mike was a pretty fair call (but not as good as Tampa Mike).

If you had drafted a squad with backups filling out a 15-17 player team it may have looked like this:

Bradford

Harrison/Hillis

LJ/Torain

Forte/Taylor

BMW / Butler (or Branch)

Garcon/Collie

Royal/Lloyd

Heap

Miller

Rackers

DT

....and presuming a couple decent add/drops during the seasont you might have made your playoffs as a lower seed for probably having spent the equivalent of $1 per player auction value (for all except maybe Forte, Welker and Garcon). And I think that was perhaps the point of the post - fellow league makes would be howling and making fun of a team that would eventually make the playoffs and embarrass a few people along the way.

Last edited by a moderator:

:lmao:
I don't see other predictors tossing out guarantees like that here (yes MoP, I'm looking at you).
Seems like you've been spending more time looking at Lhucks welching on his debts. You sure you don't co-own the AFFL?

I'm still not sure what the controversy is here. I think the lesson here is always cover your picks. Backing up Harrison with Hillis, Johnson with Torain, and Royal with Lloyd would have worked out here.
You mean, picking guys other than the ones Otis told you to pick would have worked out here. Very true.

How many handcuffs do you plan on taking?These guys were all backups already. Do you really think getting Torain was his advice? Are you calling this a hit, when the guy he is recommending is NOT ON AN NFL TEAM? Backing up Royal with Lloyd? Yeah? What about Gaffney? How do we know the Gaffney owner didn't grab Lloyd? And unless you have 70-man rosters, people can't handcuff every player they draft in the first 13 rounds. CalBear already made the point, the LAST time you made this weird argument, but if someone recommends a player, and that player's replacement does well, that's not a hit. It just isn't. "I made a guarantee that Jerome Harrison was going to run for 150 in a game, and look at Hillis go!! Vic-To-Reeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!" :mellow:

How many handcuffs do you plan on taking?These guys were all backups already. Do you really think getting Torain was his advice? Are you calling this a hit, when the guy he is recommending is NOT ON AN NFL TEAM? Backing up Royal with Lloyd? Yeah? What about Gaffney? How do we know the Gaffney owner didn't grab Lloyd? And unless you have 70-man rosters, people can't handcuff every player they draft in the first 13 rounds. CalBear already made the point, the LAST time you made this weird argument, but if someone recommends a player, and that player's replacement does well, that's not a hit. It just isn't. "I made a guarantee that Jerome Harrison was going to run for 150 in a game, and look at Hillis go!! Vic-To-Reeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!" :suds:
Well I did grab McCoy to back up Harrison.

How many handcuffs do you plan on taking?These guys were all backups already. Do you really think getting Torain was his advice? Are you calling this a hit, when the guy he is recommending is NOT ON AN NFL TEAM? Backing up Royal with Lloyd? Yeah? What about Gaffney? How do we know the Gaffney owner didn't grab Lloyd? And unless you have 70-man rosters, people can't handcuff every player they draft in the first 13 rounds. CalBear already made the point, the LAST time you made this weird argument, but if someone recommends a player, and that player's replacement does well, that's not a hit. It just isn't. "I made a guarantee that Jerome Harrison was going to run for 150 in a game, and look at Hillis go!! Vic-To-Reeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!" :lmao:
Well I did grab McCoy to back up Harrison.
:hawkscreech:

QB

Sam Bradford

RB

Jerome Harrison

Matt Forte

Larry Johnson

WR

Mike Williams

Wes Welker

Eddie Royal

Pierre Garcon

TE

Todd Heap

Heath Miller

K

?

...Neil Rackers / dart board...

The only real fail is the Miller call. Welker was a miss I suppose but then no one saw Moss getting traded and the offense being reverse engineered mid-season.

Forte was right on; Garcon was a hit; Heap had one of his better years; Bradford was ok; Seattle Mike was a pretty fair call (but not as good as Tampa Mike).

If you had drafted a squad with backups filling out a 15-17 player team it may have looked like this:

Bradford

Harrison/Hillis

LJ/Torain

Forte/Taylor

BMW / Butler (or Branch)

Garcon/Collie

Royal/Lloyd

Heap

Miller

Rackers

DT

....and presuming a couple decent add/drops during the seasont you might have made your playoffs as a lower seed for probably having spent the equivalent of $1 per player auction value (for all except maybe Forte, Welker and Garcon). And I think that was perhaps the point of the post - fellow league makes would be howling and making fun of a team that would eventually make the playoffs and embarrass a few people along the way.
:tinfoilhat: Sharks missing the boat here. Birds seeing the big picture.

Good news, folks.

At the roundtable with my interns last night, we had a good discussion about our 2011 rankings. We expect to get those out a bit earlier next year, so we can help some folks in their fantasy drafts. We're also working closely with Memphis Foundry to get a :hawk: smilie in here. We'll keep you posted.

Good news, folks. At the roundtable with my interns last night, we had a good discussion about our 2011 rankings. We expect to get those out a bit earlier next year, so we can help some folks in their fantasy drafts. We're also working closely with Memphis Foundry to get a :hawk: smilie in here. We'll keep you posted.
:scared:It's like Christmas in January!!!

How bout u take the 20k you owe the board and donate it to harisson. He cold use it. Sad.

DET - Jerome Harrison suffering from seizures - Fri Oct 5, 02:30 PM

Cleveland Browns WR Joshua Cribbs, who is close friends with Detroit Lions RB Jerome Harrison (brain), said Harrison's recovery from a brain tumor is not going so well. 'I still go over to his house every now and then and talk to him. He's doing pretty bad. He's in and out of the hospital with seizures. They just don't want the same thing to happen to me,' Cribbs said.

Users who are viewing this thread