What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

COD: Black Ops 3 (1 Viewer)

The lag on PS3 is beyond ridiculous. 4 bar connection and it's not even close.and what's with the searching for more pkayers when there's a fukl lobby?
No kidding. I installed the textures on the HDD because I got tired of this thing screwing my PS3 up. The game has completely locked up my system 4 times already. And to top things off, my wired headset that I've always used does not work after this thing is loaded up. I seriously think this will be the last COD I will ever buy anywhere near launch. At least they didn't try to charge for that crappy elite service.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got ghost, game is a bit more playable. Still just baffled how I went from a good player to average at best. I'm getting old I guess.

Is there a FBG clan yet? If not, we need to start one.

PSN = JasonSwires

I don't plan on anything extravagant, just to make sure that there is a clan that anyone with a PS3 can join in order to get all of the benefits of a clan.

So the guardian is one of the best new items ever. I'm running a simple uav/killer drone/guardian. Here's the thing:

These guardians can last forever. If you can get one set up in an entry way, you can pick people off as they start to come in. But, even better, you keep racking up points with them. And the best part.. .you can get more. So I did this a couple times where I'd get one, then roll into another uav/kd/guardian. I had three guardians set up all around and no one could get close.

I was doing this with Napakan yesterday and he rolled the same setup. We controlled half the boat on Hijacked and had the entire team funneling down one area where everyone was picking them off.

Highly recommend guardian and trying to stack them.

Highly recommend guardian and trying to stack them.
Love that idea, especially on Hijacked and especially on Domination. Great idea. In fact, it's good enough of an idea I'm also going to roll a class with an emp grenade to defend against that tactic.The connections on PS3 got way better late last night. Around 2-2:30 EST we started being able to actually get into matches and the lag wasn't unplayable. Although we did have one round where guys were warping all over the screen and it managed to be my beat game all night. Not sure how, but I managed to go 40-21 on that one with an additional 18 tags confirmed.

So the guardian is one of the best new items ever. I'm running a simple uav/killer drone/guardian. Here's the thing:These guardians can last forever. If you can get one set up in an entry way, you can pick people off as they start to come in. But, even better, you keep racking up points with them. And the best part.. .you can get more. So I did this a couple times where I'd get one, then roll into another uav/kd/guardian. I had three guardians set up all around and no one could get close. I was doing this with Napakan yesterday and he rolled the same setup. We controlled half the boat on Hijacked and had the entire team funneling down one area where everyone was picking them off.Highly recommend guardian and trying to stack them.
Highly recommend emp grenades for this and turrets and. Agrs

So the guardian is one of the best new items ever. I'm running a simple uav/killer drone/guardian. Here's the thing:These guardians can last forever. If you can get one set up in an entry way, you can pick people off as they start to come in. But, even better, you keep racking up points with them. And the best part.. .you can get more. So I did this a couple times where I'd get one, then roll into another uav/kd/guardian. I had three guardians set up all around and no one could get close. I was doing this with Napakan yesterday and he rolled the same setup. We controlled half the boat on Hijacked and had the entire team funneling down one area where everyone was picking them off.Highly recommend guardian and trying to stack them.
Highly recommend emp grenades for this and turrets and. Agrs
Yeah, imagine my surprise the first time I went to knife a turret, hit it, did absolutely nothing to it, and my follow through carried me right into the path of the gun. :lmao: I was like wtf? That's when I found out you have to shoot them, use explosives or emp them. Knifing definitely does NOT work on turrets anymore.

As in real life I love using shotguns in these games. However in Blops it feels like I am using a shotgun that fires peppercorn instead of steal shot.

Is there a FBG clan yet? If not, we need to start one. PSN = JasonSwiresI don't plan on anything extravagant, just to make sure that there is a clan that anyone with a PS3 can join in order to get all of the benefits of a clan.
I don't know if there is one but if so add me PSN- headhunter418

The lag on PS3 is beyond ridiculous. 4 bar connection and it's not even close.and what's with the searching for more pkayers when there's a fukl lobby?
This is the one this that's been pissing me off too. Sometimes I have good games and then the bullet registration is garbage!

You have to make sure you download and install Nuketown 2025. Also, the double XP only shows up when the match is over i think since the in-game scores show you what you're doing to earn your scorestreaks.

Is there a FBG clan yet? If not, we need to start one.

PSN = JasonSwires

I don't plan on anything extravagant, just to make sure that there is a clan that anyone with a PS3 can join in order to get all of the benefits of a clan.
Just created a clan and sent a clan invite.The clan's current name is Joe is my Savior but I'm open to suggestions.

Any suggestions on improving my aim? I cant count how many times I empty a clip all around a guy and he kills me with a short burst. I was blaming the game but after watching replays my aim just sucks and I am totally spasing out. :wall:

Right now I am pretty bad but if I improve my aim I think I would be average.

Any suggestions on improving my aim? I cant count how many times I empty a clip all around a guy and he kills me with a short burst. I was blaming the game but after watching replays my aim just sucks and I am totally spasing out. :wall:Right now I am pretty bad but if I improve my aim I think I would be average.
Turn your sensitivity down. That always helps me and then I gradually increase it.

Is there a FBG clan yet? If not, we need to start one. PSN = JasonSwiresI don't plan on anything extravagant, just to make sure that there is a clan that anyone with a PS3 can join in order to get all of the benefits of a clan.
me toPistol_Pete_33
Not letting me add you but you can click on the link and apply and I will instantly approve. Gianmarco sent me a PM saying that there was already another group so we can either use this one and I will gladly transfer the clan manager role to someone else or we can join the other that isn't re-activated yet.

My favorite game on MW3 was drop zone, and I don't see anything like that here.

Looks like panic knifing has been nerfed, quick scoping was not. I was actually pretty good at knifing, but not good at quick scoping, so that blows.

So far I am not doing well at all. On free for all, last I checked I had a .97 k/d, but in other team game play I'm about .70, but it feels like I am doing worse. To me it looks like the lag issue has not improved. I don't think I will last on this game unless I find a game and a class that works for me.

On the plus side, UAV assist points are nice. I also like the scoreboard showing objective points like Kill Confirmed or denied etc.

I wish I hadn't spent $65 on this.
Give it some time, it grows on youHead up guys, I've got my nephews over tonight.....so sorry if I don't accept an invite(they've been instructed not to)Don't let this stop you from sending them though, as I'll be on after they go to bed.

Wasn't able to pick it up until yesterday. Though I've had several bad games, this is the quickest I've been fairly up to speed with a new CoD. I don't know what the hullabaloo about Carrier is, the two times I played it I hated the players but not the map. Had a dual wielding knife ninja and a pansy sniper ruining it. I like being able to switch to a shotgun in corridors, I never played much with one. Digging the double XP to get a lot of gear early on.

The campaign is pretty good too. I like jumping eras and the different weapons available. The strike force drone war bit will take getting used to.

So far, so good.

'Bigboy10182000 said:
'prosopis said:
Any suggestions on improving my aim? I cant count how many times I empty a clip all around a guy and he kills me with a short burst. I was blaming the game but after watching replays my aim just sucks and I am totally spasing out. :wall:

Turn your sensitivity down. That always helps me and then I gradually increase it.
I will look in settings tonight but I am not sure I know what this is.

Found out last night that if you go to barracks > leaderboard and click a player you can watch their recent games. I did this for a while last night watching the top scoring guys to get an idea of how they move around, what loadouts they use, etc.

'Bigboy10182000 said:
'prosopis said:

I will look in settings tonight but I am not sure I know what this is.
It changes how fast you guy moves from left to right. Sometimes slowing that down a big helps you aim better. Now if you're in close quarters then you may want to make it higher.

I was always ok with just a 3 sensitivity. The only real reason to move beyond that is if you're a nerd sniper.

'Buddy Ball 2K3 said:
As in real life I love using shotguns in these games. However in Blops it feels like I am using a shotgun that fires peppercorn instead of steal shot.
I believe the KSG, shoots slugs. Fairly long range 20-30m, will one hit kill from ~1-20m and 2 hit kill everything else, just have to be more accurate.I'm really loving the FAL with select fire, maintains the accuracy and stopping power as its standard semi-auto cousin (two shot kill to the chest from any range I believe), throw on target finder or MMS (and silencer.)

I think my download of the Nuketown 2025 map didn't go through. I haven't seen the map at all in play & I don't see the download anywhere. I can't use the code again.

Anyone know where to look so I can be sure whether or not it went through?

Users who are viewing this thread