What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Colin Kaepernick Thread and related anthem kneeling issues/news (3 Viewers)

Without running the ball, this guy is pure garbage.
You need to log some more time at the Tiger Woods thread.
He is one of the worst QBs in the league. No TDs in the 4th Q? All season? Garbage is an understatement. I will say worthless because some garbage has value.
Well, you sure do know garbage I'll give you that.
You can't actually think this guy is a starting NFL QB.
Well I'd have to look at how many wins in those starts, so...

Not that wins are a QB stat. We did have Alex Smith here.

Yeah, this guy is pretty terrible. Another failure in a long line of running QBs. Hopefully, teams will realize you need, y'know, actual talent to be QB in this league, not just legs for running. That's why you have "Running Backs" to do the running.

I'm a lifelong Niner fan, Kaep is crap, IDK what is even left to discuss... Good chunk of Niner fans feel the same as me :shrug:

I haven't read a single comment out of Drummer, I just see he has endless posts in here. I'd recommend you all follow my lead.

I honestly don't get the "Yeah, but Smith sucks too!!!" argument. How is that somehow a feather in the cap for this horrific QB?
Wow, you're forgetting half your posts here.
Not at all. I said I'd rather have Smith than Kaepernick. That hasn't changed one bit. :shrug:
Good luck with all that.
Thanks?

You are literally the last person on earth who is defending this turd. Let it go, man. It will be a weight off your shoulders.

Well I'd have to look at how many wins in those starts, so...

Not that wins are a QB stat. We did have Alex Smith here.
Here's the problem. He's trying to play NFL QB instead of doing what got them those wins, which is drop back and run. Newton won this week with drop back look at first read, run. That's his game, that's this guy game. Of course, it no longer works against most teams.

I'm a lifelong Niner fan, Kaep is crap, IDK what is even left to discuss... Good chunk of Niner fans feel the same as me :shrug:

I haven't read a single comment out of Drummer, I just see he has endless posts in here. I'd recommend you all follow my lead.
He's pretty much on everyone's ignore list.

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly don't get the "Yeah, but Smith sucks too!!!" argument. How is that somehow a feather in the cap for this horrific QB?
Not at all. I said I'd rather have Smith than Kaepernick. That hasn't changed one bit. :shrug:
Good luck with all that.
Thanks?

You are literally the last person on earth who is defending this turd. Let it go, man. It will be a weight off your shoulders.
I just think don't he's that bad. Not as bad as Smith was here. Smith was that bad, like historically bad.

He's pretty much on everyone's ignore list.
Hogwash. You can't BUY the kind of entertainment drummer provides!
Well, you did show me one way of how not to buy entertainment. ;)

One reason that drummer can't give up on K-Stink is because they have nothing else at QB. They are stuck with this turd as is he.

Is Jaworski still saying that Kap will be the best QB in NFL history?
I believe he is, and in the end, he just might be right.
I'll give the guy credit -- he's going down with the ship, right next to drummer.

Ron Jaworski ‏@jawsespn

Kaepernick is certainly struggling right now. But I still love him long term!
Exhibit A on how difficult it is for people to change their minds.

lod01 said:
One reason that drummer can't give up on K-Stink is because they have nothing else at QB. They are stuck with this turd as is he.
But they aren't. His contract gives them an out that wont break the bank. I hope they move on, and quick-like. I gave him the benefit of the doubt going into this season, but this was the year - if he didnt seriously progress/produce, I was jumping ship. And I did.

This organization is a mess right now.

Is Jaworski still saying that Kap will be the best QB in NFL history?
I believe he is, and in the end, he just might be right.
I'll give the guy credit -- he's going down with the ship, right next to drummer.

Ron Jaworski ‏@jawsespn

Kaepernick is certainly struggling right now. But I still love him long term!
This from a guy whose nic is Raider Nation.

ETA: hell, I only have a ship. You have an entire Nation.

lod01 said:
But they aren't. His contract gives them an out that wont break the bank. I hope they move on, and quick-like.I gave him the benefit of the doubt going into this season, but this was the year - if he didnt seriously progress/produce, I was jumping ship. And I did.

This organization is a mess right now.
That contract is a silver lining, and they should get credit for the structure of it.

Raider Nation said:
drummer said:
Raider Nation said:
Really? I would think that for a franchise like SF, the goal is to win Super Bowls. I look at KC and think, "they are a QB away from being a contender."

It's obvious that Kaep has regressed a lot, but it seems like the entire offense has lost its identity.

His behavior with the media, someone needs to talk him out of that. He's doing himself no favors with that crap. He comes across as a front runner, all smiles and running around when they are winning; throw a little adversity, and he acts like the nasty old media has done him wrong.

Also Kaep, maybe not wear those headphones that make me think of that song (I'm the man, I'm the man, I'm the maa-an) after you just stunk up the joint.

Let me ask a serious question: Why aren't they using him to run the ball A LOT more? Throw less and run more! The theory is that you don't want your QB running because he is at greater risk of injury. The reason that matters is because theoretically your QB is very valuable. In this case, he's playing like crap and has for a long time. He's been so bad you start wondering if BLAINE GABBERT might be an improvement! He isn't valuable in his current role.

So it is time to open it up, run some read-option, roll him out, have designed QB-draws, etc., mix in a few passes off play action, and see what happens! If he gets hurt you get to find out if Gabbert is an improvement after all.

But maybe he actually becomes a valuable QB and the offense starts to work again.

Raider Nation said:
drummer said:
Raider Nation said:
Really? I would think that for a franchise like SF, the goal is to win Super Bowls. I look at KC and think, "they are a QB away from being a contender."

It's obvious that Kaep has regressed a lot, but it seems like the entire offense has lost its identity.
KC is a QB away from a SB? Ummm, what? Maybe if that QB I A. Rodgers I guess.

Raider Nation said:
drummer said:
Raider Nation said:

KC is a QB away from a SB? Ummm, what?Maybe if that QB I A. Rodgers I guess.
Exactly my point. People think that franchise QB's are a dime a dozen. In reality there may be half a dozen that can lift a team to win the Super Bowl.

So when I hear "rather have Smith than Kaep" I can't see the reasoning (or the difference) other than the grass was greener. Short of winning the Super Bowl, SF has the best 3-yr run in the NFL. So is the goal to piddle along and just make the play-offs, or is the goal to win the Super Bowl?

Break out your tin foil hats!

Anyone think Kaepernick might suddenly be playing *so* bad because Harbaugh is out in an this is an effort to get traded along with him?

Really though...I have NFL Rewind and in looking at the tape between the first game of the season and yesterday's game it seems clear to me Kaepernick struggles when he gets pressure in his face. To add to this, I think he's been told to be a pocket passer and not run (or to scramble to find a receiver downfield instead of just taking off). With the O-line in shambles right now it's a very bad combination for him and then their OC isn't doing him any favors either.

Kaepernick isn't actually *this* bad, but he's going to be the lightning rod for SF fans who thought they were SB bound.

Let me ask a serious question: Why aren't they using him to run the ball A LOT more? Throw less and run more! The theory is that you don't want your QB running because he is at greater risk of injury. The reason that matters is because theoretically your QB is very valuable. In this case, he's playing like crap and has for a long time. He's been so bad you start wondering if BLAINE GABBERT might be an improvement! He isn't valuable in his current role.

So it is time to open it up, run some read-option, roll him out, have designed QB-draws, etc., mix in a few passes off play action, and see what happens! If he gets hurt you get to find out if Gabbert is an improvement after all.

But maybe he actually becomes a valuable QB and the offense starts to work again.
This is exactly what I think. He is only valuable when he runs a lot. So, get back to that. What do you have to lose at this point?

I, for one, just don't understand his implosion. He has the speed to run like a mad man. He has an absolute cannon for an arm. He has weapons to throw to. He has a back to hand it off to.

I'm thinking he's going down the path that Michael Vick did. Talent through the roof, but horrible inaccurate.
NFL defenses are too good at adapting. CK got away with using just his physical tools for a couple of years, now that he has to read the defenses more his game has fallen off drastically.

I agree with some of the other posts that CK should just be running as much as possible until he gets hurt. Let him free wheel because he is useless as a pocket passer.

Break out your tin foil hats!

Anyone think Kaepernick might suddenly be playing *so* bad because Harbaugh is out in an this is an effort to get traded along with him?

Really though...I have NFL Rewind and in looking at the tape between the first game of the season and yesterday's game it seems clear to me Kaepernick struggles when he gets pressure in his face. To add to this, I think he's been told to be a pocket passer and not run (or to scramble to find a receiver downfield instead of just taking off). With the O-line in shambles right now it's a very bad combination for him and then their OC isn't doing him any favors either.

Kaepernick isn't actually *this* bad, but he's going to be the lightning rod for SF fans who thought they were SB bound.
I think it's worse than that.

He misses receivers, badly, with no pressure. He has accuracy issues, he gifted Sherman that pick a few weeks ago, his attempts on the 15 yard out would be comical if it wasn't so sad. And a long wind up. It takes forever for the ball to get cocked. Meantime, he is handing off to Gore and Hyde, and has Boldin, VD, Stevie, and some nice young WRs. The guy is driving a Cadillac.

And he makes bad decisions when under pressure. Kind of the exact opposite of your guy, Wilson.

it's going to be interesting to see what happens in the offseason. depending on the coach and scheme, he could be vastly different player in NFL and fantasy terms. while harbaugh is supposed to be a QB guru, he's certainly not the only one - much less the best - out there. OC Greg Roman seems stuck here too.

speaking from a dynasty standpoint, he's an obvious buy low candidate. his value couldn't be any worse.

it's going to be interesting to see what happens in the offseason. depending on the coach and scheme, he could be vastly different player in NFL and fantasy terms. while harbaugh is supposed to be a QB guru, he's certainly not the only one - much less the best - out there. OC Greg Roman seems stuck here too.

speaking from a dynasty standpoint, he's an obvious buy low candidate. his value couldn't be any worse.
The 49ers need a true #1 WR.

What's the point of having a QB whose main asset as a passer is his strong arm and surrounding him with a bunch of possession receivers?

What's the point of having a QB whose main asset as a passer is his strong arm and surrounding him with a bunch of possession receivers?
This is true but the ensemble he currently has isn't the reason he's playing so poorly. I hate to break out the hypothetical "how many QBs could you drop in there and get better results?" question but...

A lot of teams seem to have this problem. The Ravens come mind. Their last #1WR was...Boldin!

This is called the Jay Cutler Plan, I believe.

Solid.

Easier said than done. They have a match-up nightmare in Davis and he's every bit a difference maker that a #1WR could be. he's been MIA all year really. i know he's been asked to block more but some of this is on the OC and coaches. they're not calling his number. they aren't running well either and that's essential to their style of play.

Solid.
Was having the league's worst defense two years in a row also part of the plan?

Cutler makes too many mistakes to win without a good defense. He's not a bad QB but like Favre his mistakes will kill the team in close games.

Solid.
Was having the league's worst defense two years in a row also part of the plan?

Cutler makes too many mistakes to win without a good defense. He's not a bad QB but like Favre his mistakes will kill the team in close games.
Cutler has two #1 WRs, and still looked worse than McCown.

Have you not been watching Kaepernick? There is nothing wrong with his targets, at all, and he's had a great running game to rely on. Adding Dez Bryant to that team will simply mean that there will be a much more expensive WR watching the ball miss him by 5 yards.

While having a true #1 with speed would be nice, CK's has issues- inaccuracy, bad decision making and poor mechanics to name a few. You can not be a successful NFL QB with a QBR of 52.2. Well, at least his QBR is better than Alex Smith's.

And VD has sub 4.4 speed and CP has not targeted him at all this year (even when healthy). VD should be getting Gronk/Graham/Olsen/Bennett looks. Maybe a new OC will help.

Easier said than done. They have a match-up nightmare in Davis and he's every bit a difference maker that a #1WR could be. he's been MIA all year really. i know he's been asked to block more but some of this is on the OC and coaches. they're not calling his number. they aren't running well either and that's essential to their style of play.
I can't explain what is going on with Davis - either the play calling is inept or he's no longer a match-up nightmare:

But Raiders cornerback Tarell Brown might have been a bit more forthcoming when asked about Davis, his teammate for the first seven seasons of his career. Brown is preparing for the 49ers’ visit on Sunday and has studied video this week of Davis and the Niners’ offense. Brown agreed physical issues could be the biggest reason the 49ers’ best downfield threat has done so little.

“It’s always something,” Brown said. “Each year you deal with different type of injuries. You deal with different type of setbacks, different type of obstacles you have to overcome. It’s not always going to be that magical year each year you come out and play football.”

How different would our impression be of Kaepernick if the 49ers had drafted Super Mart instead of Ellington?

Users who are viewing this thread