What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Colin Kaepernick Thread and related anthem kneeling issues/news (3 Viewers)

So what?   It's not from Breitbart's feed, nor is it of them making any assertion.  Why the hell are we talking about Breitbart?  It's a video of some outfit called VladTV, which I know nothing about either, interviewing Warren Sapp.  It has NOTHING to do with Breitbart.  Are you asserting it's not Warren Sapp?   Otherwise, I have no idea why you're ignoring the content of the video to focus on a 10 page length link.  But you keep focusing on that instead of Kappy choking his workout.
Yeah, this story has been picked up by a variety of news sources. No need to harp on the fact that this one came from Breitbart or whatever. It's that Vlad TV thing. 

On a meta level, it's good to see the source police out and discussing their problems with your sourcing. Always is salient and fosters good conversation. 

Are people still pretending Colin Kaepernick can play football?
I don't think so.  But it's very, VERY apparent he's still getting under people's skin.

And FTR, he WAS  a very good football player under Greg Roman.  Roman is the only reason I think Lamar Jackson has been successful.  I don't think he's that good, but Roman has proven he can coach QBs.

Yeah, this story has been picked up by a variety of news sources. No need to harp on the fact that this one came from Breitbart or whatever. It's that Vlad TV thing. 

On a meta level, it's good to see the source police out and discussing their problems with your sourcing. Always is salient and fosters good conversation. 

Squid likes to pretend to want to have discussions in good faith, but time and time again he proves the opposite. 

I don't think so.  But it's very, VERY apparent he's still getting under people's skin.

And FTR, he WAS  a very good football player under Greg Roman
Not mine. Never did. 

He was a good football player under Roman, which is the problem that Baltimore faces now with extending Jackson. Can he get you to a title with that sort of offense in today's game? They almost did in SF, so who knows?  

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not @squidropeand he has expressed strong objections to being identified and confused with me in another thread.

Sorry about that.  I don't use this laptop much but I'm using it watching the Avs game.  Keyboard is a bit different than my normal PC.  Typo.  However, I saw Squid's posts about that the other day and my recollection is that he said "no biggy, noone is confusing us".  So, if you can provide a link to his comments I'll be more careful in the future. 

Of course, none of this additional deflection has anything to do with Kappy tanking another workout.  Why do you refuse to address his inability to prove his value to any NFL teams?

He led his team to a SuperBowl, so.........your opinion is in no way factual.  But you've definitely outed yourself and your thin skin.
Living off 10 years ago?  Who's skin is thin again?

Trent Dilfer went to a Super Bowl too.  Kaep is probably as good as Dilfer.  I'll give you that.

@squidropewasn't joking. He sincerely does not want to be confused with me. 

He probably doesn't.  I wouldn't either.  But it's clearly not a "strong objection" as you asserted, as evidenced by the link I provided.   So, you're lieing about that.  Now, let's be clear.  I don't want you telling me I didn't provide a link in a week.  We can agree I provided a link, right?

He probably doesn't.  I wouldn't either.  But it's clearly not a "strong objection" as you asserted, as evidenced by the link I provided.   So, you're lieing about that.  Now, let's be clear.  I don't want you telling me I didn't provide a link in a week.  We can agree I provided a link, right?

Well, dude then don't call me Squid. I don't like it and he doesn't like to be confused with me as evidenced by his posts.  :yes:

Well, dude then don't call me Squid.

I made a typo.  I believe this is the first time I've ever made this particular typo.  Certainly it's the first time you've ever objected to it from me and since you object to everything I assume it's the first time it's happened.  Aren't you from the "party of tolerance?"  You can't even tolerate a typo.  And I'm not going to double check my work for someone who has no issues misrepresenting what others have said so if it happens again I apologize in advance.  Sorry the S and D keys are so close together.  I have faith the other posters on this board can use context and the post I'm responding to in order to determine whether I"m referring to Squis or Squid.  But I'll try. 

Living off 10 years ago?  Who's skin is thin again?
How does that apply to anything I've said.  Does it matter when he was relevant?  I haven't even tried to argue that.  He and the NFL do belong in the same sentence based on what he did while in the league.  

Yes, you have some seriously thin skin.  If you didn't, you wouldn't even think of entering this thread trying to denounce his relevance to the league.

I made a typo.  I believe this is the first time I've ever made this particular typo.  Certainly it's the first time you've ever objected to it from me and since you object to everything I assume it's the first time it's happened.  Aren't you from the "party of tolerance?"  You can't even tolerate a typo.  And I'm not going to double check my work for someone who has no issues misrepresenting what others have said so if it happens again I apologize in advance.  Sorry the S and D keys are so close together.  I have faith the other posters on this board can use context and the post I'm responding to in order to determine whether I"m referring to Squis or Squid.  But I'll try. 

Not from those who claim to mistakenly have called me Squid.  :rolleyes:

How does that apply to anything I've said.  Does it matter when he was relevant?  I haven't even tried to argue that.  He and the NFL do belong in the same sentence based on what he did while in the league.  

Yes, you have some seriously thin skin.  If you didn't, you wouldn't even think of entering this thread trying to denounce his relevance to the league.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

OKay then.  Now do you entering a Trump thread.

Joy Behar on the SCOTUS prayer case: "I’d like to know if it would apply to Colin Kaepernick... the guy takes a knee and he gets thrown off the team. He could be ... praying that these people would leave him alone... Suddenly it’s illegal for him but it’s okay for this group."
Hot takes from Behar.  Who wants to tell her?

Nobody ever confused Squid with Squidrope, but Thanks for clearing this up once and for all. 

You don't know that unless you can read people's mind. Squidrope had been a very active poster in the Shark Pool (and still may be). 

In any event, I have asked not to be called that and that should be respected unless the intent is to troll me.

You don't know that unless you can read people's mind. Squidrope had been a very active poster in the Shark Pool (and still may be). 

In any event, I have asked not to be called that and that should be respected unless the intent is to troll me.

Etch this in stone.  No trolling intended. Squid is just easier to spell.

Any updates on Kappy?    Looks like the Raiders ship has sailed, and Seattle says they are set at QB. Any other teams going to take a look?

Was it Warren Sapp that heard the Raiders tryout was a disaster and one of the worst ever? No chance he makes the Rough Riders. 

Yes, and Sapp is pretty much a straight shooter talking about other players.

To be realistic Kappy has been out of the league 6 years now so it is not surprising he had a bad workout.  Kappy can work out every day but nothing simulates game pace and speed of the NFL.

Raiders were PC and respectful.  Scuttlebutt was since this is McDanials first year he does not want a circus type sideshow as a distraction, and it would be.

Maybe a CFL team in need of some media attention would take a look if he just wants to play football again somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread