What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Bo Nix, DEN (2 Viewers)

Not only did he play but he killed it. Good for him. Not a huge fan of his NFL prospects, but I’ll root for him to succeed.

Hes got some brains cause he left auburn. Still no chance in the NFL
Maybe he can be a backup for a couple years

51 TDs(45+6) and only 3 INTs. Those are Heisman numbers in most seasons. I get that he’s probably a product of the system, but impressive numbers nonetheless.

I sure hope the Giants do not fall for this guy,
His best completion percentage while in the SEC – 61%
Now he is completing 78% vs the PAC-12
This seems like a fair criticism of Nix who was not lighting college football on fire when playing against SEC defenders who may be more similar in talent level to NFL defenders than PAC 12 defenders, at least as a whole. I'm sure the PAC 12 has some defensive stars who will do well at the NFL level, just not as many of them as the SEC.

Nix also didn't declare as soon as he became eligible to, and why would he with the numbers he put up with Auburn. This must be seen as a negative at least compared to college QB who do declare as soon as they are eligible and do so because they have performed at a high enough level to be considered high NFL picks when they do.

That said Nix has improved a lot in the 2 seasons since transferring to Oregon and does look like a player who can start for an NFL team. A better option than a lot of the QBs who have been starting for NFL teams this season.
His situation improved A LOT but I’m not so sure I buy that HE improved A LOT (I’m sure he improved some)
Oregon is basically the top program in a poor defensive conference. Auburn was a middle tier program in what most consider the best conference.
I think there were 6 or 7 starting QB in the PAC-12 that completed over 65% of their passes last season.
That is pretty interesting. I did not know that.

Not only did he play but he killed it. Good for him. Not a huge fan of his NFL prospects, but I’ll root for him to succeed.

Hes got some brains cause he left auburn. Still no chance in the NFL
Maybe he can be a backup for a couple years

Hold up....

Which is it? He has no chance in the NFL or he can be a back-up for a couple of years? These statements seem to be incongruous. Do you know what that means?

This seems like a fair criticism of Nix who was not lighting college football on fire when playing against SEC defenders who may be more similar in talent level to NFL defenders than PAC 12 defenders, at least as a whole. I'm sure the PAC 12 has some defensive stars who will do well at the NFL level, just not as many of them as the SEC.

Nix also didn't declare as soon as he became eligible to, and why would he with the numbers he put up with Auburn. This must be seen as a negative at least compared to college QB who do declare as soon as they are eligible and do so because they have performed at a high enough level to be considered high NFL picks when they do.

That said Nix has improved a lot in the 2 seasons since transferring to Oregon and does look like a player who can start for an NFL team. A better option than a lot of the QBs who have been starting for NFL teams this season.
His situation improved A LOT but I’m not so sure I buy that HE improved A LOT (I’m sure he improved some)
Oregon is basically the top program in a poor defensive conference. Auburn was a middle tier program in what most consider the best conference.
I think there were 6 or 7 starting QB in the PAC-12 that completed over 65% of their passes last season.

If you don't play in the sec or big ten I wouldn't care much about any college stats

I was a bit off. There were 5 (Ward was just a touch under 65%)

https://stats.pac-12.com/sports/fball/2023-24/players?sort=pyg&view=&pos=qb&r=1
In conference completion %

1. Nix (Oregon) 78.9 on 303 attempts
  2. Fifita (Arizona) 73.2 on 291 attempts
  3. Williams (USC) 68.5 on 302 attempts
  4. Garbers (UCLA) 67.2 on 116 attempts
  5. Sanders (COL) 65 on 294 attempts
  6. Ward (WSU) 64.8 on 330 attempts
  7. Mendoza (Cal) 62.7 on 209 attempts
  8. Penix (Wash) 62.4 on 314 attempts
  9. Barnes (Utah) 60.4 on 192 attempts
  10. Bourguet (ASU) 60.4 on 240 attempts

I was a bit off. There were 5 (Ward was just a touch under 65%)

https://stats.pac-12.com/sports/fball/2023-24/players?sort=pyg&view=&pos=qb&r=1
In conference completion %

1. Nix (Oregon) 78.9 on 303 attempts
  2. Fifita (Arizona) 73.2 on 291 attempts
  3. Williams (USC) 68.5 on 302 attempts
  4. Garbers (UCLA) 67.2 on 116 attempts
  5. Sanders (COL) 65 on 294 attempts
  6. Ward (WSU) 64.8 on 330 attempts
  7. Mendoza (Cal) 62.7 on 209 attempts
  8. Penix (Wash) 62.4 on 314 attempts
  9. Barnes (Utah) 60.4 on 192 attempts
  10. Bourguet (ASU) 60.4 on 240 attempts

That's just their in-conference games. If you include OOC games (and why wouldn't you, those count too) it is indeed 6 QBs with completion percentages above 65%. 7 if you count Garbers, but he only had 146 attempts all season.

Geoff Schwartz
There are fair questions about Bo Nix as a NFL QB. But just blindly throwing out numbers like he can’t/won’t throw immediate or deep passes is useless to evaluate him. There’s plenty of film of him doing it and they easily could have done it more in the offense.

like it's fair to question whether he can do this with a muddy pocket because he mostly had incredible pass protection at Oregon. He missed on too many deep throws in 2023 (wasn't an issue in 2022)

The Checkdown
Bo Nix showing off some of that deep ball accuracy at his Pro Day 🎯

@nflnetwork | @oregonfootball

Omar Ruiz
Bo Nix has been showing off arm strength and mobility during his throwing workout

Omar Ruiz
Bo Nix launching the ball 55 yards downfield to Troy Franklin

Titans had a combine meeting w him and at least one representative at his pro day.
Oregon does have other prospects they're rumored to like and I wouldn't begrudge talking to the QB of a WR or OL they like either.

I think it might be a smart shark move to setup a trade down scenario moreso than Levis should be concerned.

It's got my attention a little though

Pat McAfee
"It's so clear how much of an impact Bo Nix has had on this program in just two years..

From everything that I've heard Bo Nix has changed everything about Oregon football with what he's brought to the table"

@FieldYates #PMSLive

Yeah, Oregon football was really scoffing along under Justin Herbert, Marcus Mariota, et al. Good thing Bo Nix rode in and brought the Oregon Ducks to relevance in college football.

So a month ago, Bo Nix was a bum, not worth a draft pick was awful at the Senior Bowl but now he's a first rounder.....are people paid to spit out these opinions?

Draft pundits are a herd. Two months ago McCarthy, Nix and Penix were second rounders and Maye was #2 overall. Now the first three are back in the first round, and Maye is a falling knife.

Maybe I counted wrong, but I see Bo Nix meeting with all 32 teams.

I would guess some view him as a starter and some view him as a valuable plan B.

His interviews seem to be quite positive so I'd also guess that's fuel for development and QB room thoughts.

I remember some LBs, C, and G meeting with a ton of teams because those guys fall and...can't think of a QB ever meeting w everyone

Josh Stecklein
@Nate_Tice and @robertmays on TAFS today did a great segment on the Broncos. Nate is the first person ive seen push back on the Bo Nix fit and it had me screaming in agreement.

Everyone’s perception of Brees is skewed by the last two years when he had a 40 year old arm. Sean famously loved PATRICK MAHOMES coming out of college but got jumped by KC. Thats as far from bo nix as you can get.

Nate also correctly points out that due to their lack of draft capital the avenue to move up for a QB is pretty narrow, but at the end of the day this is sean payton we’re talking about.

Next, poor decisions and panic throws? HE COMPLETED 77.2% OF HIS PASSES!!!!
Nix seems to have a habit of stepping up in the pocket but not resetting himself before he throws. In other word he is throwing on the run instead of establishing a firm base. I wouldn’t call it “panicking” but it’s not ideal. Just because he threw for a high completion percentage doesn’t mean the throws were accurate. I saw many throws that were caught but could have lead to more YAC if the location was better. In some instances he was bailed out by the receiver. It seems he has some wonky foot work that leads to the bad tosses. His decision making seems fine.

Chris Simms
Had an awesome interview with Oregon QB Bo Nix. We talked ball and analyzed a bunch of his plays. Here he is on a laser beam TD vs USC where he didn’t have much room to set his feet and step into a throw. Great stuff on his thought process.

Awesome convo & film breakdown with Oregon QB @BoNix10

--How much freedom he has at LOS
--Going for the Home Run throw
--His thought process when scrambling
--What he gained going from Auburn to Oregon
--Favorite @oregonfootball uniform combo

Chris Simms
Had an awesome interview with Oregon QB Bo Nix. We talked ball and analyzed a bunch of his plays. Here he is on a laser beam TD vs USC where he didn’t have much room to set his feet and step into a throw. Great stuff on his thought process.

Chris Simms has Bo Nix ranked as his #3 QB. It's an interesting take, and I'm sure there are many different rankings of the top 5 QB prospects.

Chris Simms

Chris Simms has Bo Nix ranked as his #3 QB. It's an interesting take, and I'm sure there are many different rankings of the top 5 QB prospects.
I rank him 3rd on whatever team selects him.

Users who are viewing this thread