What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

College RB Quinshon Judkins, Ohio St. (1 Viewer)

JohnnyU

Footballguy
If Henderson stays I think Judkins is stupid.

Ohio State added some star power in the run game on Monday night with Ole Miss transfer running back Quinshon Judkins, who announced his commitment to the Buckeyes.

Judkins is a true sophomore who entered the transfer portal Friday, a somewhat surprising move considering how many starters the Rebels are returning next season.

Judkins was the team's leading rusher the past two seasons, running for 1,567 yards and 16 touchdowns his freshman season in 2022. He ran for 1,158 yards (which was 25th among all FBS running backs) and 15 touchdowns (tied for 11th) this season.

Ohio State's run game dealt with injuries this season and finished ranked No. 88 in rush yards per game among all FBS teams, averaging just 138.8 yards per game.

The team's leading rusher, TreVeyon Henderson, who had 926 yards and 11 touchdowns, hasn't yet announced whether he plans to leave for the NFL draft or come back for the 2024 season. The Buckeyes saw Chip Trayanum, who was second on the team in rush yards with 373 yards and three touchdowns, transfer to Kentucky, but will return Dallan Hayden.

Adding Judkins gives Ohio State an incredible one-two punch if Henderson does return, or it gives the team a clear No. 1 back if Henderson leaves for the NFL. Either way, adding Judkins gives the Buckeyes an experienced back with two seasons of eligibility who will help improve the run game in 2024.

Everything I've read and heard about Judkins suggests that, ability aside, he's an absolute nightmare of a teammate, and him entering the transfer portal was more than a net positive for the Ole Miss team morale.

Maybe he needs a change of scene, let's hope.

Seems like a very bad decision for one or both of the two OSU running backs if Henderson returns. I'm not seeing a way where both of them can increase their draft stock by playing on the same team in 24.

Everything I've read and heard about Judkins suggests that, ability aside, he's an absolute nightmare of a teammate, and him entering the transfer portal was more than a net positive for the Ole Miss team morale.

Maybe he needs a change of scene, let's hope.

Seems like a very bad decision for one or both of the two OSU running backs if Henderson returns. I'm not seeing a way where both of them can increase their draft stock by playing on the same team in 24.
Maybe Judkins knows that TH is declaring? Or he just may be dumber than a bag of hammers. Either way, Judkins is a very talented RB.

Just thinking out loud:

Ole Miss was #11 this year in the CFP Rankings. They will return A LOT of players. They'll be really good and have a chance to make the CFP.

When he declared, I assumed this was NIL related. I'm assuming Ohio State is the kind of place that can and does drop a huge stack of NIL dollars when needed. People on Twitter are saying he was asking 1 million plus. No idea if it's true and I won't pretend that it is. I do however think Ohio State had to pony up a large amount. I don't think they pony up a large amount if they know Henderson is back.

Just thinking out loud:

Ole Miss was #11 this year in the CFP Rankings. They will return A LOT of players. They'll be really good and have a chance to make the CFP.

When he declared, I assumed this was NIL related. I'm assuming Ohio State is the kind of place that can and does drop a huge stack of NIL dollars when needed. People on Twitter are saying he was asking 1 million plus. No idea if it's true and I won't pretend that it is. I do however think Ohio State had to pony up a large amount. I don't think they pony up a large amount if they know Henderson is back.
Makes sense to me.

Henderson returning for his senior year. Is Judkins stupid? He should have found out what Henderson was going to do before he transferred there. LOL

From a fantasy perspective this may be a blessing for both players, but I don't get Judkins' mentality here. Maybe he likes playing second fiddle.

What's everyones thoughts on Judkins? He seems like's got the size and speed combo that works for the NFL

I am a huge Judkins fan, but I don't know what to make of the Ohio State backfield for this coming season. Both Judkins and Henderson are incredibly talented. They are both going to get plenty of reps, cutting into each other's production, but also preserving both for next year's draft. I could easily see these two being the RB1 and RB2 of the 2025 class.

I am a huge Judkins fan, but I don't know what to make of the Ohio State backfield for this coming season. Both Judkins and Henderson are incredibly talented. They are both going to get plenty of reps, cutting into each other's production, but also preserving both for next year's draft. I could easily see these two being the RB1 and RB2 of the 2025 class.
I like the preserving both for next year’s draft part, but I don’t know what Judkins was thinking going to Ohio St., unless it’s a NIL thingy.

I like the preserving both for next year’s draft part, but I don’t know what Judkins was thinking going to Ohio St., unless it’s a NIL thingy.
You're right. It really doesn't make a lot of sense. Perhaps it does just come down to money.

You're right. It really doesn't make a lot of sense. Perhaps it does just come down to money.
Worse thought is he doesn’t like carrying the load. He did share with Zach Evans a couple of years ago.

It makes plenty of sense. He has nothing to prove, and going to where he'll split only serves to reduce his mileage. I think TOSU is a great spot for him, even without NIL considerations.

He's climbed a few Devy rankings boards recently, passing Henderson.

Is there reason to believe he will steal the #1 job at OSU or is that more of a reflection of NFL fit?

Is there reason to believe he will steal the #1 job at OSU or is that more of a reflection of NFL fit?
I watch every OSU game (married into an OSU family 24 years ago) and I don't see any scenario except injury where Judkins replaces Henderson as the #1 RB on that team. I predict more like 60-40 or 65-35. Something is telling me that Judkins likes not being a bell cow, going back to his sharing days at Ole Miss with Evans. Or he just made a bad decision thinking Henderson was going pro.

I watch every OSU game (married into an OSU family 24 years ago) and I don't see any scenario except injury where Judkins replaces Henderson as the #1 RB on that team. I predict more like 60-40 or 65-35. Something is telling me that Judkins likes not being a bell cow, going back to his sharing days at Ole Miss with Evans. Or he just made a bad decision thinking Henderson was going pro.
If you had the choice to roster either in a Devy league situation, which way are you going?

If you had the choice to roster either in a Devy league situation, which way are you going?
I like Judkins, but I like Henderson more. I have both in two different DEVY leagues. The thing I like about Henderson is his vision and ability to make defenders miss and has the burst to accelerate after making a move. He also has long speed. He will be good in the receiving game. Now Judkins has a lot of positives as well. You have to like his size, strength, vision and balance, but his playing speed may be less than elite against NFL defenders.

Users who are viewing this thread