What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

College WR Devontez Walker, UNC (2 Viewers)

Jared Tokarz
‘24 NFL Draft Prospect 👀
#UNC WR Devontez Walker
6’1 193
4.36 forty
40.5 vert

Deep WR class has Walker is flying under the radar 2nd/3rd round steal?

🔹HR Hitter 30.7 ypc on TDs
🔹9.91 RAS athletic profile (3rd best wr)
🔹7 TDs 699 yards 8 games

Nice hands and body control

Big play WR

Walker will have to improve on his drops and refining his route tree but man athletically, Tez is a freak.

93% of snaps on outside. Walker Fits well with a team looking for a big play outside WR in mid 2nd

2024 NFL Draft: What We Learned from North Carolina, Washington pro days

Excerpt:

3) Devontez Walker excels deep.
It has been an interesting pre-draft process for North Carolina WR Devontez Walker to this point. The talented pass catcher had an up-and-down Senior Bowl week, but it was followed by a terrific athletic workout at the combine, running a 4.36-second 40-yard dash and opening eyes in both the vertical jump (40.5 inches) and broad jump (11-foot-2).
Walker had a few drops while catching passes from Maye but also hauled in some impressive passes. The rule of thumb on Thursday: the deeper the pass, the better Walker seemed to look.
"Definitely speed," Walker said when asked what his superpower was. "Being able to win vertically, throw it over any defense -- I take pride in that. I feel like I can win a foot race with anybody, so I try to make everything a foot race."
In a way, it encapsulated a lot of what Walker displayed on the field in parts of his three college seasons, first with Kent State and later -- after a few hang-ups over his eligibility -- with UNC. Walker, though, admitted he was pleased with the work he put in on Thursday.
"I feel like I did real well," Walker said. "I was able to showcase a lot of things. A lot of scouts probably had questions about route running, catching the ball naturally, things like that. I feel good about my performance out there today."
But Walker also knows he's not yet a finished product.
"Definitely a lot of things to work on," he said. "Top of the route is the biggest thing I wanted to go into the offseason and put an emphasis on, and that's what I've been doing."

Users who are viewing this thread