What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Colts 3rd round pick Quinn Pitcock (1 Viewer)

mr. furley

Footballguy
(search turned up nothing)

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti.../807300404/1100

Agent says Colts missing tackle Quinn Pitcock is retired

By Mike Chappell

Posted: July 30, 2008

TERRE HAUTE, Ind. – Indianapolis Colts defensive tackle Quinn Pitcock has retired, according to his agent.

The announcement ended a week of uncertainty regarding the team’s 2007 third-round draft pick.

After much deliberation and careful thought, Quinn resolved to retire from the NFL,’’ Brad Leshnock, Pitcock’s agent, said in an email to The Star late Tuesday. “He notified the Colts of this decision last week.

“Quinn is grateful for the opportunity the Colts gave him, and he wishes his teammates and the whole organization nothing but the best going forward.’’

Pitcock, 24, could not immediately be reached for comment. He was placed on the NFL’s reserve/did not report list when he failed to show up with the teammates last Thursday for the start of training camp. He appeared in nine games as a rookie, one as a starter.

He was expected to play an important role in the Colts' defensive line rotation this year, backing up likely starting tackles Ed Johnson and Keyunta Dawson.

This is going to put Bill Polian in a terrible spot if he decides to return, wait-

Sorry, wrong team. :own3d:

3nOut said:
Warhogs said:
Retired at 24.Must have hit the powerball?
Yep, its called an NFL contract. How much was he making?
3 years, $1.267 million, $436,500 signing bonus. So he probably ends up with about $350,000 of that if he has to pay back 2/3s of his bonus. If he goes back to living in Piqua.. that's enough to retire on. :thumbdown:

We all find it strange to think about walking away from an NFL career but that is a couple of recent cases now. Was it not last year that cedric Houston walked away and went back to school to get his degree? I guess an NFL career isn't for everyone.

He will be filpping Burgers in 2-3 years
Sounds like you have experience.
No i dont. But he will find his one year in the NFL is more than he will make in the next decade. Because he didnt feel like playing. I dont like going to work either, most dont.. I dont think it was a wise choice but more power to him
seriously doubt that this was a "i don't like to work i'm just going to live on my parents couch" type deal

Good for him, not everyone is made out to work at what they are good at for a living. That's why I've always backed Ricky Williams, he seems to be stuck in a football person's body and probably should have just went with what he had a passion for. Good for Quinn.

Good for him, not everyone is made out to work at what they are good at for a living. That's why I've always backed Ricky Williams, he seems to be stuck in a football person's body and probably should have just went with what he had a passion for. Good for Quinn.
Don't be ridiculous. I don't cheer when grains escape from the mill. I want more grist! :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread