What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Commish Mistake - Waiver Timing (1 Viewer)

dollarbill13

Footballguy
My league uses blind bid waivers (on MFL) on Thursday and Saturday. They run at 6 pm on Thursdays so that owners have an opportunity to put the player in the lineup before the TNF game. On Thanksgiving, I typically have them run at 10 am due to the earlier games. I made a mistake when I set up the calendar and scheduled today to process at 10 am rather than next week. So of course, waivers processed and Bobby Rainey was sent to one team and I immediately got complaints from another (both are strong contenders) saying that he was going to put in a bid before the normal 6pm waivers. I'm not sure how to handle this as since the guy that missed out on Rainey was simply due to a commish error. But if I reverse the waiver, the rest of the league already knows how much the other guy bid for him. Any suggestions on how to handle this?

Let it roll. Honest mistake.

Can't sit here and assume other owner would have bid. He's had nearly 4 days to do afterall.

I think you have to restore things to the way they were before. There was an error in timing.

Let them rebid. Even if they know how much the other guy bid, they don't know how much they will need to bid at 6pm tonight. So, everyone still has fair shot. Unless the guy that won him bid every dollar he had remaining.

Either way, waivers weren't suppose to run until tonight. Commissioners are human, we make mistakes.

I think you have to restore things to the way they were before. There was an error in timing.

Let them rebid. Even if they know how much the other guy bid, they don't know how much they will need to bid at 6pm tonight. So, everyone still has fair shot. Unless the guy that won him bid every dollar he had remaining.

Either way, waivers weren't suppose to run until tonight. Commissioners are human, we make mistakes.
FWIW - We have a salary cap so he bid the rest of his salary cap. He could technically bid more but he'd have to drop another guy or a more expensive player.

I'm split on advice for the current situation, but I'd lean toward a redo at 6 pm. It's still blind beyond the point at which Rainey went at 10 am.

Advice for next year: make the deadline 11 am every Thursday all season long. You can keep the 6 pm for Saturday.

FWIW - We have a salary cap so he bid the rest of his salary cap. He could technically bid more but he'd have to drop another guy or a more expensive player.
That's a good reason to run it again. He could have dropped another guy before his bidding to have more money, but he didn't, so it was truly his highest intended price.

that does change things somewhat. He could drop a player before bidding this evening. But, the other teams will know exactly what his max bid "could" be. If he was willing to spend his remaining $3 on Rainey and he drops player X for $2, it makes it pretty easy for other teams to bid $6.

We don't know who would have won Rainey tonight, but if he was low on cap space, most other owners are going to recognize this and bid $1 over his max. As, I see it, he was not going to be the high bidder if waivers ran at 6PM

I agree with RussF, run it again. It seems to cover as many bases of logic as possible.

Also like The Jerks suggestion of running waivers at 11 am on Thursdays. Makes, one less thing for you to worry about. Set it in Sept, and forget about it.

Users who are viewing this thread