What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Commish question - incomplete lineups (1 Viewer)

Grits_Blitz

Footballguy
Has any commish suspended a team for starting incomplete lineups? (guys that are injured etc)

We have an absentee owner...or maybe just doesn't care. And his inactivity could affect playoff seedings.

I have given smaller warnings and taken away league transactions for each weekly offense. But does suspending a team seem too harsh?

If he's not putting in his lineup, why the hell would he care if he was suspended? Call him out on it, and than next year, find someone to replace his team-- really simple.

If he's not putting in his lineup, why the hell would he care if he was suspended? Call him out on it, and than next year, find someone to replace his team-- really simple.
Agree with this. He's already not playing anyway, so what's the difference if he's suspended or replaced.

Well, he's in 2nd place right now. By suspension, I mean I would take him out of the playoffs. And everyone else would bump up one seed.

It's not in the rules. But...of course everyone else is clammering for action against this owner.

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to have a rule in place to handle this. Maybe something like "if a team starts an incomplete lineup more than one time, the commish will put in the teams best lineup based on projected points."

And of course, that team/person is kicked out of the league the following year. Every year I have a league or two that I basically "give up" on because my team is terrible. I still spend the few minutes a week to make waiver claims and set my lineup. I don't battle in my head about getting just the right defense or kicker or which WR to start, but I still participate. It literally takes 5 minutes on Tues/Weds to place waiver claims and then 1 minute on Sunday to set your lineup. No excuse to not do it.

Well, he's in 2nd place right now. By suspension, I mean I would take him out of the playoffs. And everyone else would bump up one seed.

It's not in the rules. But...of course everyone else is clammering for action against this owner.
Why do people care if he's setting an incomplete lineup and he's in 2nd place? Wouldn't everyone in the league (except maybe 1st place) be fine with him setting an incomplete lineup? He's only harming himself and giving teams below him a better chance of making playoffs by not participating. It's still unacceptable to not set a starting lineup, but I don't see why people care in this scenario.

This happened last year in our league. The kid didnt set his lineup all year. Ended up playing multiple injured & bye week players. Everyone chimed in and said we should do nothing and kick him out at the end of the year and thats exactly what we did.

Now if youre talking about playing the occassional injured or bye week player just cuz someone got really busy? I dont see a big deal with that. We all have lives. No penalty for that in our league.

How bad is your league that a absent owner is in 2nd place? I think you have bigger problems than just this owner.

Can u just take whatever players have higher projected points and make a lineup that way so it retains some competitive balance?

No matter if he makes the playoffs or not. If he does kick him out and bump up the seeds. But any owner playing his team needs to play an active roster.

Last edited by a moderator:

Why do people care if he's setting an incomplete lineup and he's in 2nd place? Wouldn't everyone in the league (except maybe 1st place) be fine with him setting an incomplete lineup? He's only harming himself and giving teams below him a better chance of making playoffs by not participating. It's still unacceptable to not set a starting lineup, but I don't see why people care in this scenario.
If a team in 7th needs him to beat the team in 6th and he's not even setting a lineup, that would piss me off.

#1. Is this a money league?

#2. Do you know the guy? Have his phone number?

#3. If you're the commissioner do you ultimately have access to his team?

I think the problem is that he's in 2nd and isn't even playing and this poster wants to replace that owner with people that are trying.

But, you shouldn't do it. Reach out to the owner and try to get them to come back. Also, don't invite them back next year. If it's not in the rules before the year you shouldn't do anything about it. He's in 2nd therefore he deserves to be in the playoffs. It's up to the others to play better and not whine about it.

Users who are viewing this thread