What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Commish Question (1 Viewer)

hotboyz

Footballguy
I'm the Commisioner of 17 yr old fantasy league. I founded the league along with my Vice President. This league is comprised of mostly co workers and former co workers.

Well this past week my league Vice President was fired from our job by someone else in the league. So of course my vice says he is out of the league. He says he will not play as long as that other owner is in the league. The owner that fired him been in the league for 5 yrs. The Vice President founded the league with me.

I tell the owner that my vice won't play as long as he stays in the league, he says " well I guess he's not playing then because I'm not gonna quit. You have to put me out"

So what do I do? Do I put this owner out to make sure a founding league mate stays in the league? Not to mention this guy is also my supervisor, so if I put him out now that puts me in his crosshairs. I have no idea what to do

The Midas solution.

Tell them that the one with the best record at the end of the season gets to stay in the league.

OH BABY that would be fun to follow. Pride, hate, vengeance, as the motivator with the rest of the league with front row seats to see who wins and the best part is you don't have to get in the middle of it and let them settle it on their own. :thumbup:

If one FF owner quits a league because another FF Owner fired him in real life, then let him go. If you arent close friends better to have your job. If you are close friends he should understand. Plus he is the one quitting and pulling the him or me card.

They're adults. You don't need to do anything. Let them work it out on their own if there's tension. If one of them wants to quit let them do so and move on.

Well this past week my league Vice President was fired from our job by someone else in the league. So of course my vice says he is out of the league. He says he will not play as long as that other owner is in the league.
it looks like the situation is already resolved, the vice president is out, move forward from there. in my work league once you leave the company you get kicked out of the league immediately, have not had to deal with one owner firing another owner though :(

Tell the guy that issues outside of the league have nothing to do with the league and settle it on their own. If the guy wants to quit, then bye-bye. Founding father or not.

Well this past week my league Vice President was fired from our job by someone else in the league. So of course my vice says he is out of the league. He says he will not play as long as that other owner is in the league.
it looks like the situation is already resolved, the vice president is out, move forward from there. in my work league once you leave the company you get kicked out of the league immediately, have not had to deal with one owner firing another owner though :(
You're misreading that (it was written poorly though). I'm pretty sure "he" is the guy who fired the VP, not the VP himself.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're misreading that (it was written poorly though). I'm pretty sure "he" is the guy who fired the VP, not the VP himself.
It could be read either way. I read it as the VP quitting too, but I can see your interpreation now as well.

Ultimately it is up to the VP to decide whether to overlook the firing or not. Neither the OP or the VP has any business kicking an owner out of the league due to job stuff. If the VP wants to quit the league over it, that's his call. But the OP should have no involvement in the interpersonal matters of the other two, ESPECIALLY since one is his friend and the other his supervisor. What if the VP truly deserved the firing? OP, your best call is stay shut up on the matter and let them quit or stay as they decide, but no one s/b kicking anyone out of the league over the firing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your supervisor is obviously passionate about playing as he already indicated. Kicking him out would certainly not be in your best interest.

It's the VP's fault he got fired. Tell him to buck up or move on. It is so recent now but give it a few weeks and some of the animosity will subside.

Remind him hotboyz stick together. Best of luck.

Your supervisor is obviously passionate about playing as he already indicated. Kicking him out would certainly not be in your best interest.

It's the VP's fault he got fired. Tell him to buck up or move on. It is so recent now but give it a few weeks and some of the animosity will subside.

Remind him hotboyz stick together. Best of luck.
Thanks it was his fault he got fired

Thanks everyone you are exactly right. I guess I feel bad that my co founder got fired and now is gonna quit the league. You guys are right job should have nothing to do with the league

I agree the VP loses this one. It's not an easy decision, but it's the only one.

I have a natural kick-back towards ultimatums though.

Thanks everyone you are exactly right. I guess I feel bad that my co founder got fired and now is gonna quit the league. You guys are right job should have nothing to do with the league
That's exactly right and express to him that it sucks he got fired but as a commissioner you cannot let outside issues that have nothing to do with the league have a bearing on the league or your running it. It is a private matter between him and the guy that fired him.

My recommendation is to not worry about the vice that got fired and let him leave the league. You cannot compromise the comfort of your employment for the sake of catering to the comfort of a fantasy football experience for the vice president. He should also understand this--and if he doesn't--he's being a d-bag.

My recommendation is to not worry about the vice that got fired and let him leave the league. You cannot compromise the comfort of your employment for the sake of catering to the comfort of a fantasy football experience for the vice president. He should also understand this--and if he doesn't--he's being a d-bag.
While I agree with this, he also shouldn't have to worry about "the comfort of his employment" if the supervisor is being a fair and true adult that can separate work from a fun hobby. That said, humans will be humans and hold grudges whether they try to or not.

OP wins s***ty situation of the year award though.

ShamrockPride said:
jvdesigns2002 said:
While I agree with this, he also shouldn't have to worry about "the comfort of his employment" if the supervisor is being a fair and true adult that can separate work from a fun hobby. That said, humans will be humans and hold grudges whether they try to or not.

OP wins s***ty situation of the year award though.
I agree with you that in a perfect world--both of the gentlemen would separate work from a hobby and not put the OP in a tough situation--but the fact that he came here looking for advice--is proof that it is not a perfect world. He's forced to either worry about the comfort of his employment--or the comfort of the Vice President playing fantasy football---and frankly that is an easy decision.

Secondly--the person that fired the vice did nothing wrong that justifies getting kicked out of this fantasy league. I imagine that he's in some sort of manager/supervisor position and for whatever reason he was motivated to terminate somebodies employment----it's part of his job. At that point--the vice says he's out of the league if the guy that fired him was to remain in the league. Essentially, the vice is asking that a perfectly good fantasy owner gets kicked out of a league because of a personal conflict. The newer fantasy player never said he would be unwilling to play in the league with the Vice President. He merely said that he wouldn't voluntarily leave the league to cater to the Vice's immaturity---and that the only way he wouldn't play would be if he was "kicked" out of the league. It is the Vice that is putting the OP in a tough situation---not the newer owner (who frankly did nothing wrong).

It is an easy decision---the right decision fantasy wise is to keep the newer owner in the league and to let the vice go. The right decision in regards to lifestyle and personal stress is to maintain comfort at the place at your employment--which again supports letting the vice out of the league.

ShamrockPride said:
jvdesigns2002 said:
While I agree with this, he also shouldn't have to worry about "the comfort of his employment" if the supervisor is being a fair and true adult that can separate work from a fun hobby. That said, humans will be humans and hold grudges whether they try to or not.OP wins s***ty situation of the year award though.
I agree with you that in a perfect world--both of the gentlemen would separate work from a hobby and not put the OP in a tough situation--but the fact that he came here looking for advice--is proof that it is not a perfect world. He's forced to either worry about the comfort of his employment--or the comfort of the Vice President playing fantasy football---and frankly that is an easy decision. Secondly--the person that fired the vice did nothing wrong that justifies getting kicked out of this fantasy league. I imagine that he's in some sort of manager/supervisor position and for whatever reason he was motivated to terminate somebodies employment----it's part of his job. At that point--the vice says he's out of the league if the guy that fired him was to remain in the league. Essentially, the vice is asking that a perfectly good fantasy owner gets kicked out of a league because of a personal conflict. The newer fantasy player never said he would be unwilling to play in the league with the Vice President. He merely said that he wouldn't voluntarily leave the league to cater to the Vice's immaturity---and that the only way he wouldn't play would be if he was "kicked" out of the league. It is the Vice that is putting the OP in a tough situation---not the newer owner (who frankly did nothing wrong).

It is an easy decision---the right decision fantasy wise is to keep the newer owner in the league and to let the vice go. The right decision in regards to lifestyle and personal stress is to maintain comfort at the place at your employment--which again supports letting the vice out of the league.
Very well said. \thread

Whether the boss is kicked out or not is irrelevant because you already made it an issue and he might hold it against you anyway. The best thing you could have done would have let the VP go and not make a big deal over it.

Users who are viewing this thread