What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Commishes worst nightmare, 2 owners dump 18 teams.... (1 Viewer)

Archer

Footballguy
So yeah, this isn't going to be pretty. Prayers, tears, and maybe even laughs are welcome here....So I run 15 different 12 team PPR dynasty leagues on MFL (most are over 10 years old) and have 2 owners that decided to dump all their teams yesterday. The worst part is, most of these teams are projects, with the owners obviously having a lot of the same players amongst all their leagues. So I'm going to list each team for your amusement, and hopefully some sweet soul might want to help out our league and adopt some teams. I will obviously be open to discounting a lot of the weaker ones. All leagues have the same scoring, lineup requirements (1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 1 flex at rb/wr/te, 1k, 1d, 22 roster spots, 2 IR spots) and use victory points for the playoff system. BBID waivers. Will color code the teams by the 2 different owners so you can be amazed at the repetitiveness of the teams.

Team A ($75 League)

Manning, Foles

Bell, Anderson, Sproles, Asiata, Dunbar, Randle, Blount, DeAnthony Thomas, Woodhead, J. Thompson

Marshall, Edelman, Boldin, Colston, Beasley

Ebron, Walker, Rodgers, Heath Miller

Tucker

Colts

Rookie/FA Picks 1.10, 2.10, 3.10

Team B ($125 League)

Manning

AP, Anderson, Asiata, Bradshaw, Dunbar, Grice, Hillman, S-Jax, Oliver, Starks, Taliaferro, DeAnthony Thomas, J. Thompson

Nelson, AJ, Welker, Wayne

Gronk, M. Bennett, Fiedorwicz

Barth

Bengals

Rookie/FA Picks 1.8

Team C ($125 League)

Rodgers, Cutler

Foster, Anderson, Bradshaw, Dunbar, Gore, Hillman, S-Jax, Sproles, Moreno, DeAnthony Thomas

Maclin, Edelman, Boldin, Wayne

Ebron, Donnell, Heath Miller, Pitta

Barth, Vinatieri

Packers, Colts

Rookie/FA Picks 1.10, 2.10, 3.10

Team D ($125 League)

Big Ben, Manziel

J. Hill, Anderson, Bradshaw, Asiata, Bount, Carey, Dunbar, Grice, Woodhead, Oliver, Sproles, J. Thompson

Nelson, Edelman, Golden Tate, Boldin, Welker

Witten, Heath Miller

Barth

Chiefs

Rookie/FA Picks 1.12, 2.11, 2.12, 3.12

Team E ($125 League)

Wilson, Cutler, Manziel

Bell, Forte, Anderson, Hyde, Oliver, Rainey, Sims, Sproles, J. Thompson

Sanders, Benjamin, Colston, Bryant, Caldwell

M. Bennett, Walker, Heath Miller

Bailey

Patriots

Rookie/FA Picks 1.12, 2.12, 3.12

Team F ($125 League)

Rodgers, Big Been

McCoy, Forte, Gore, Bradshaw, Rainey, DeAnthony Thomas, J. Thompson

Marshall, Garcon, Smitty, Jennings, Boldin

Gronk, Witten, Rodgers, Fiedorowicz

Gostkowski, Vinatieri

Patriots, Colts

Rookie/FA Picks 1.9

Team G ($125 League)

Big Ben

Anderson, Ridley, F. Jackson, Assiata, Oliver, Rainey, Sims, Starks, Moreno, DeAnthony Thomas, J. Thomson

Beckham, Wright, Cooper, Boldin, Nate Washington

Walker, Rodgers, Fiedorowicz

Barth

Seahawks

Rookie/FA Picks 1.3, 2.2, 2.3, 2.11, 3.5, 3.10

Team A ($75 League)

Brees, Orton

Forte, J. Bell, L. Murray, D. Robinson, P. Thomas, Bradshaw, F. Jackson, Polk, Cadet, Jacquizz Rodgers

Julio, Hilton, Welker, Travis Benjamin, Malcom Floyd, Hester, Miles Austin

M. Bennett, Cook

Parkey

Seahawks

Rookie/FA Picks 1.11, 2.11, 3.11

Team B ($100 League)

Newton, Osweiler, Vick

D. Robinson, Gerhart, Dunbar, Hillman, MJD, McFadden, Riddick, Cadet, J. Rodgers, Ballard

Sanders, LaFell, Roddy White, Colston, Bowe, Quick, Corey Washington

Cook

Walsh, Gano

Cardinals

Rookie/FA Picks 1.2, 2.2, 3.2

Team C ($125 League)

Manning, Osweiler, Fitzpatrick

Sproles, L. Murray, Pierce, McFadden, Stacy, Riddick, Cadet

Maclin, Decker, Welker, James Jones, Malcom Floyd, Travis Benjamin, Hogan, Stevie Johnson, Corey Washington, Streater

Cook

Parkey

Cardinals

Rookie/FA Picks 1.3 2.3, 3.3

Team D ($125 League)

Flacco, Manziel, Bradford

Spiller, Mathews, D. Robinson, Ivory, F. Jackson, Gerhart, Woodhead, Moreno, Lattimore

Maclin, Edelman, Crabtree, Steve Smith, James Jones, Corey Washington

Gates, Rivera

Tucker, Santos

49ers

Rookie/FA Picks 1.4, 2.4, 3.4

Team E ($125 League)

Brady, RG3, Osweiler, McCown

Gore, MJD, McFadden, Rainey, Jacquizz Rodgers, Moreno

Julio, Hilton, DeSean Jackson, Amendola, Doug Baldwin, Cooper, Hawkins, Stevie Johnson

M. Bennett, Cook

Bryant

Lions

Team F ($125 League)

Rodgers, Vick

Forte, Asiata, Bradshaw, Starks, J. Rodgers, Archer, Cadet, Riddick

Roddy White, V-Jax, Welker, Steve Smith, Miles Austin, Travis Benjamin, AJ Jenkins, Corey Washington

Cook

Zuerlein

Cowboys, Lions

Rookie/FA Picks 1.5, 2.5, 3.5

Team G ($125 League)

Tannehill, Hoyer

Gio Bernard, Montee Ball, McFadden, Polk, Reddick, Antone Smith, James White

Harvin, Golden Tate, Tavon Austin, Shorts, Sanu, Doug Baldwin, Hawkins, Hester, Streater

Rudolph, Fells

Crosby

Cardinals

Rookie/FA Picks 1.1, 2.1, 3.1

Team H ($125 League)

Manning, Osweiler, Bridgewater, Palmer

McCoy, D. Robinson, Gerhart, Turbin, DeAngelo Williams, Cadet, Polk, McCluster, Ballard

Decker, V-Jax, LaFell, Sanu, Jennings, Travis Benjamin, Streater

Gates, Cook

Bryant, Walsh

Browns

Team I ($125 League)

Dalton, Bridgewater

D. Robinson, Ivory, S-Jax, Cadet, Helu, Randle, Woodhead, Kendall Hunter, Pead

Hilton, Edelman, Wallace, Bowe, Travis Benjamin, Vincent Brown, Streater

Cook

Bryant, Walsh

Rams, Titans

Rookie/FA Picks 1.2. 2.2. 3.2

Team J ($125 League)

Bradford, Sanchez, Mallett

D. Robinson, Trent Richardson, Archer, Bryce Brown, Chris Johnson, McFadden, Polk, Ballard

Edelman, Decker, Hartline, Doug Baldwin, Boykin, Malcom Floyd, Hawkins, Quick, Corey Washington

Cameron, Kendricks

Parkey

Vikings

Rookie/FA Picks 1.1, 2.1, 3.1

Team K ($125 League)

Wilson, Bridgewater, Cousins

Forte, P. Thomas, Robinson, Gerhart, Ivory, S-Jax, Todman, Ballard

Sanders, Harvin, V-Jax, Tavon Austin, Bowe, Travis Benjamin, Malcom Floyd

Olsen, Garrett Graham

Parkey

Bills, Colts

Rookie/FA Picks 1.6, 2.6, 3.6

Told ya it was brutal. :topcat:

I've had a few people inquire about the few good teams from this list. I apologize but it does the league no good to sell off the few good teams first. I'm going to have to pair the few good teams with a few turds if I hope to ever have them all adopted (this is going on 12 years of doing this in dynasty leagues) I appreciate all interest and hope you guys who messaged me understand. Stinks to be put in this position, that's for sure!

I've had a few people inquire about the few good teams from this list. I apologize but it does the league no good to sell off the few good teams first. I'm going to have to pair the few good teams with a few turds if I hope to ever have them all adopted (this is going on 12 years of doing this in dynasty leagues) I appreciate all interest and hope you guys who messaged me understand. Stinks to be put in this position, that's for sure!
If you are going to sell teams in a package deal where you have to buy a second team in order to get the first one you want, then perhaps you should list the good/bad team combos with the combined cost. Otherwise this has a bait-and-switch quality as you said nothing about pairing good teams with bad in the OP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a word of warning of my experience with this Commish and his Snooze you Lose dynasty leagues ....

I have been in 2 of these leagues for 5 years now and won my first title in my lower value ($125) league this year. I also have been in a higher value ($250) dynasty league for 5 years.

Anyway to cut a long story short the commish decided to withhold my winnings and apply them to my 2015 fees. I told him very politely that my life situation was changing and that I wouldn't be returning in the higher value league where my roster is admittedly not very good but does have some pieces (Wilson, jordy, Megatron, 1.5 pick)

After being asked to reconsider my decision to leave one of the leagues i advised that I would but in the meantime can he forward my winnings to me now. After being told that a number of owners were leaving his league and if every owner was like me the leagues would have folded years ago and what a thankless task being a commish is and what a ####ty owner I am!..... Keep in mind I have been in these leagues for 5 years!!! And this is the first time I have won anything!?

After a few back and forth emails the commish gave me an ultimatum of applying my winnings in the lower league to cover the cost of the higher league for 2015 or collect all of my winnings and be booted from both leagues! ( this would allow him to pair my good team and entice someone else to fall into this position)

The 2 leagues are completely separate yet he decides how my winnings should be allocated? The only rule in the league is that if you trade away your future first then you have to pay the future years fee ..... Again I didn't trade away any of the future draft picks.

Had i of been in the league for maybe a year or two I could possibly understand his stance, but after 5 years to be treated like this is way out of order. A few other nameless owners in his leagues and other leagues I am in have been shown the email dialogue and descriptions of 'he's a bit of a loose cannon' and 'he is challenging to deal with' we're just some of the lesser x rated responses!

Anyway it's a shame because there are some very good and knowledgeable owners within these leagues and until now I have never had any problems.

Caveat Emptor

First let me start by saying I've been in the snooze leagues for 3-4 years now. Placed a few seconds and third and never had an issues with payouts.

I took over 6 teams, 3 brutal teams and 3 good teams, I was able to pick which 6 as long as the good/bad ratio was even.

If you're an active and trustworthy owner you are treated well. The commish takes into account everyone's opinion on various league situations, any league changes are voted on. Again never have had an issue.

These are expensive leagues and to have owners abandon their teams after only one year leaves the commish scrambling for owners. Great group of owners all around.

Highly recommended leagues.

These leagues sound like the 'Quest' Leagues that used MFL as it's site. Just my opinion, I wouldn't want to be forced into pairing teams in order to help the situation. If I'm buying an orphan team, I'm committing my time and money to the league of my choice and I shouldn't be asked to take a rebuilding team as a combo package - especially if the team is in horrible shape! If that is the case, it's a 2-3 year project. I would do that only if I knew the answers to the next questons...

Second,the league fees of 75 and 125? What is the payout ratio for each? MFL charges 69.95 and your collecting 1500 for the 125 leagues...how much are the prizes - 1430 left for 1st, 2nd and 3rd plus any other awards?

League activity and competitveness...I play in leagues that have high costs but I play with people I know well and play throughout the season. Not sure if if these league offer year round transactions or trading and what's the turnover typically?

First let me start by saying I've been in the snooze leagues for 3-4 years now. Placed a few seconds and third and never had an issues with payouts.

I took over 6 teams, 3 brutal teams and 3 good teams, I was able to pick which 6 as long as the good/bad ratio was even.

If you're an active and trustworthy owner you are treated well. The commish takes into account everyone's opinion on various league situations, any league changes are voted on. Again never have had an issue.

These are expensive leagues and to have owners abandon their teams after only one year leaves the commish scrambling for owners. Great group of owners all around.

Highly recommended leagues.
Thank you. I've got dozens of owners who feel the same way. PCThorn is a complete jerk for posting that crap and full of it on several counts. First, I apply prize winnings to future fees in all 15 leagues every year for the past 5 years, including PCThorn who has won over $1200 the last 3 years (he tries to paint a picture that I suddenly withheld his money to force his hand which is completely crap) He also had no issue with this the last 2 years prior when I applied those fees from his winnings. And for the record while probably 99% of owners are happy to have next years fees taken out of their winnings if any owner ever asks for the full amount I have done that immediately. Classy way to try and trash my leagues which affects dozens of good owners.

Sorry Archer or Eastwood or whatever your latest football guys handle is but everything I have posted is fact.

This year was the first time I won (was in credit) in your leagues .... Previous 3rd place winnings and a second meant because of the double cost of snooze7 I was still paying you money to enter.

In other leagues where I have won money the Commish always asks me if I want to be paid out my winnings or do I want to apply them to next years fees, or have my winnings now and pay next years fees when they are due.

You withheld my winnings and the only way you would allow me to receive my total winnings was if I left BOTH leagues. You also gave me a very generous offer of trying to sell my more expensive team to somebody else!!!

I asked you to pay me my full winnings and you wouldn't, unless I left both teams after 5 years!!

if your version of being trashy is telling the truth and trying to protect other players from your unethical ways then yes I guess in your world I am trashy and a jerk :)

It's funny because a number of snooze members have said if I ever want to join their leagues then I am more than welcome?

ClevelandRocks I agree with a lot of what you say, the leagues are competitive and have some great owners and for 5 years I also had zero problems until I wanted to leave .....

Again if anybody wishes to see the full transcript of our emails then I am more than happy to provide them.

Have a great new year Archer :)

My last post concerning this owner, these quotes below are his EXACT words

"I won't be returning to SUL7 ..... I'm expecting my first born in April and just won't have the time to play in all my leagues"

"I will tell you what if it makes it easier for you then sell my sul13 team as well."

The only way you would pay out my winnings was if I returned in both leagues for my 6th season or agreed to give up both teams. That is a fact.

Sorry you feel that my honest appraisal of the situation you created is your view of my 'Classy way to try and trash your leagues which affects dozens of good owners'

I have merely stated the facts, if you feel the facts are an attempt to trash your leagues then perhaps you should be looking in the mirror for blame?

As before Archer or Eastwood or any of your other handles here Have a great 2015.

Just a few words to balance out the input over here. I picked up two SUL teams a few years ago, one that I thought was stacked and another that was a project. I just finished my 4th year in both leagues. Before then I had not been involved in any dynasty leagues (in 11 now). The first thing that I want to say is that there is a solid group of owners, so much so that I have gone on to join other leagues with owners in the SUL leagues. Most of the owners are knowledgeable and respond quickly to trade offers.

The second thing that you will notice is that the leagues are very active. In the two leagues that I am in, there were 31 trades in one and 32 in the other. This helps you rebuild quickly if necessary and allows you to add older players once you are ready to make the final push for a title. The "project" team that I took over has quickly become my best team (although I did win one title with the "stacked" team). I won the championship and was high points this year (my fourth year) with the project team and was high points last year. The trading volume allows active owners to quickly transform their teams. I picked up rebuilds in other leagues (without also being given an opportunity to get a good team) and am having a tougher time rebuilding because the trade volume isn't quite as high. What I've learned is that league makeup is a lot more important than team composition unless you are looking to put in a few good years and bail.

Third, while it may be frustrating to have to pick up two teams to get a shot at a solid team, most of the teams that become available here from other commishes are awful. Getting that solid team makes things more fun the first few years and gives you a chance to win some money early. Also, you do have to realize where the commish is coming from. He is offering a few teams that are better than usually show up here. He also has a lot of teams that aren't quite as good. It makes sense to use the better teams to sell off the worse teams. I can't fault him for that and would probably do the same if I were in his shoes.

The final point is that I have never had an issue with payouts, getting paid within a day or two after the season ends. My dues for next year are taken out but I don't see that as a major issue since I would have to pay them very quickly anyway so it does make life easier.

Chris and I have butted heads over the years (mostly over trade offers and negotiations) but it has been a positive experience so far. If you're looking for a great group of owners and a league that runs fairly smoothly, check out the SUL leagues.

guys taking a MUCH needed break from the leagues for a week or so, with 2 young ones and having a week off of work time to put them first! But I'll be returning every inquiry with info/links when I get back on the horse.

I am also leaning towards doing a dispersal draft in a lot of the leagues where I have 2 or more openings. Its not that I want to "force" anyone to take a crappy team in order to adopt a great one, but the last 10+ years of doing this, I've seen first hand if you sell the solid/good teams first, it makes it that much harder to find new owners for the weak dumped teams. But i think the idea of a dispersal draft in leagues where we have 2 or 3 openings would help a lot, and in some cases, maybe even some extra rookie/FA draft picks where warranted. Thanks again to all who have inquired, I'll be in touch next week!

Any leagues with at least two teams available, why not do a dispersal draft?
Great recommendation and that is EXACTLY what I am doing in all my leagues. And several existing owners are jumping in too that want to "reboot" their teams. :)

Users who are viewing this thread