What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Comprehensive list of your favorite teams (1 Viewer)

T1 - Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Indians (but the Browns continue to slip towards tier 2)

T2 - Ohio State Football, TCU Football

T3 - Cleveland Cavaliers

T4 - TCU Baseball, Akron Rubber Ducks (Indians AA), Kent State Football, Cleveland Gladiators, Lake Erie Monsters, Ohio State Basketball

T5 - Green Bay Packers

ETA...any teams associated with my fantasy rosters usually garner a little of my attention, as do college football programs where players I have coached/taught currently play.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tier 1: Wolverines football 

Tier 2: Tigers

Tier 4: red wings, pistons, wolverines hoops

Tier 6:lions*

*not even sure how to rate them.  I watch every Sunday but I've completely removed any emotional attachment.   It would probably take a Bills-esque run of multiple superbowl losses for me to feel something again

Tier 1 - none.  I just don't care about sports like I used to.

Tier 2 - White Sox, Vikings, Purdue basketball

Tier 3 - Purdue football

Tier 5 - Bulls

Tier 1 - Packers and Badger basketball.

Tier 2 - Badger football and my sons high school football and lacrosse team (he's only a freshman so this could jump up a tier for a season or 2)

Tier 3 - Brewers and Bucks

Tier 4 - Chicago Blackhawks

Tier 5 - Denver Broncos (loved the orange crush as a kid in the 70s) UNLV basketball (loved the Tark teams of the late 80's early 90's). Dallas Mavericks.

Tier 1 - Iowa Hawkeyes football, New York Yankees, Dallas Cowboys

Tier 2 - Iowa Hawkeyes basketball, Los Angeles Lakers, US Olympics

Tier 3 - Iowa Hawkeyes baseball

Tier 4 - My small DIII Alma Mater's athletics

Tier 5 - Green Bay Packers, Colorado Rockies

Tier 1:

Seattle Seahawks

Washington Husky football and basketball

Seattle Supersonics (RIP)

Tier 2:

Seattle Mariners

Tier 3:

Real Salt Lake

Tier 4:

Utah Utes football and basketball

Tier 5:

Oregon St. football and basketball

Washington Redskins

Seattle Sounders

Tier 1: 

What these teams do can effect my mood. Live and die with them.

NY Giants

Tier 2:

Fully engaged fanatic for big games, and watch a lot/most of their games, but a low leverage loss is dealt with quickly

none currently 

Tier 3: 

Have the hat, follow regularity, but not all that locked in until the games really count (front runner mentality)

NY Mets (up from tier 4 since my kid started getting into them and got me to watch them more)

Cornell Hockey (used to be tier 2, but I don't get to quite as many games as I used to)

NJ Devils (down from tier 2 in the last few years since we stopped getting the games broadcast up here)

Tier 4:

Support the team, will watch sometimes, glad if they win

Brooklyn Nets

Other Cornell sports (mostly football, basketball, lacrosse)

Tier 5:

Closet fan, would never buy a championship hat but would root for them to win 

Can't root for any other teams in the same league as my teams, except temporarily for whoever is playing the Eagles, Cowboys, Redskins, and I guess Pats.

Tier 1: 

What these teams do can affect my mood. Live and die with them.

UMass football, basketball and hockey (I can get a little vocal in the stands, also in the car or at home if I'm watching/listening alone).

Tier 2:

Fully engaged fanatic for big games, and watch a lot/most of their games, but a low leverage loss is dealt with quickly

Bruins, Patriots, Montreal Expos (they will be back!)

Tier 3: 

Have the hat, follow regularity, but not all that locked in until the games really count (front runner mentality)

UMass lacrosse and baseball (I have many friends who played in college), my HS alma mater teams (particularly hockey, baseball and football)

Tier 4:

Celtics (I was a much bigger fan as a kid, but I can't really deal with the NBA of today)

Other UMass sports

Tier 5:

Closet fan, would never buy a championship hat but would root for them to win 

Seahawks (like another poster above, I still have a Steve Largent jersey in my closet)

T1 - MN United, this will probably tear my heart out when they go to the MLS (plus the replacement players I was used to when they step up), MN Vikings,  Fantasy teams (2 I've been in for a quarter century)

T2 - MN Gophers pretty much anything ( had season tickets to the * run and went all but week one of the tourney) [ For football was there for the Wacker years which killed football for me] will watch any gophers games if they're on non-cable or if they are on at the bar/place I'm at, even sports I don't like, Twolves because of the last three decades I'm desensitized, they could easily hit T1 like the Garnett Marbury and Garnett Cassell years, or even the Laettner Rider years, hurdle is low to make a massive jump.  SA Spurs, just love their process.

T3 - Lynx, Raiders, NO Saints (was there almost exactly a year before Katrina, also have a Saints hat that I was wearing from my freshman year of college immortalized on my first student ID), Patriots (goes back to Bledsoe), MN Twins, Dallas Mavs, because I kinda hate Mark Cuban, but think he would be an awesome owner.

T4 - ATL falcons, CAR Panthers, Seahawks (back to the Alexander, Waters, Warren, and want to Hate Badgers, except for Wilson, but in the NFL, once the big ten issue is gone, like to see them do well), Knicks because of the Mason/Oakley/Harper years and the hatred of the current guy.  Despise the former Sonics because of the Payton/Kemp years.

T5 - None - maybe NFC North if the vikes are out for the playoffs, just to say we got rolled by the winners, what can you do?  Same with general big ten.  GL in the NCAA or BCS type game if we're out.  Will not acknowledge tier 5 to anyone that went to those schools.  F them and I hope they die of the plague if I'm talking to them.  I have a list of everything that any alum did in their life that is questionable and will throw that up as a defense.  Bad hygiene, ran a stop sign, all acceptable.

EPL - Want to get into specific teams, but really just like watching the games.  Only non-option is the Hotspurs.  Had an Egyptian friend just nod his head "no" when the Sudekis commercial was out.  Relegation sucks and complicates it enough for a potential bandwagon jumper.

urbanhack said:
Tier 1 - none.  I just don't care about sports like I used to.
This is a good point.  Just can't get as wrapped up as I used to.

Although watching the Giants game at the bar today at Oyster Fest in Oyster Bay was pretty ####### awesome. Then again, it was the sense of community (drunken as it was!) more so than the result itself, whereas in years past I'd probably have looked at it the other way around. 

Tier 1 - Dallas Cowboys, UO football, whatever NHL team relocates to Portland, OR

Tier 2 - Patriots (wife's team), NYY

Tier 3 - Trailblazers

Tier 4 - Lightning, Cubs, Colts, Timbers

Tier 5 - Nationals, Packers

Tier 6 (hate) - Red Sox, Redskins, Trojans, Crimson Tide

Tier 1: 

Tottenham Hotspur - really the only team I live and die with these days.  Have only missed 1-2 games in the last 3+ years.

Tier 2:

Fully engaged fanatic for big games, and watch a lot/most of their games, but a low leverage loss is dealt with quickly

UK Basketball - Living here for last 10+ years, kind of hard to avoid.  But, with the constant roster turnover, tougher to develop that real passion for the team/players. 

USMNT - I still watch whenever the national team plays, but it takes a back seat to Spurs

Tier 3: 

Have the hat, follow regularity, but not all that locked in until the games really count (front runner mentality)

Green Bay Packers - family is from Wisconsin, I will get to Lambeau about every other season

Tier 4:

Support the team, will watch sometimes (If we are really loose with "sometimes"), glad if they win

Cincinnati Reds and Bengals - childhood teams that I still "follow" loosely

Atlanta Braves and Falcons - lived in Atlanta for 10 years, season ticket holder for both teams

UK football

Tier 5:

Edmonton Oilers - only NHL team I occasionally check to see how they are doing - dates back to the 80's and the Gretzky/Messier/Anderson/Coffey/Fuhr days

Dortmund, Barcelona, and Juventus  Non-EPL teams that I will casually check in on from time-to-time.

FC Cincinnati - if they moved to MLS I'd consider getting season tickets.

Tier 1: 
Cincinnati Bengals (been a dismal season so far)
USA national soccer (I will be in a foul mood for WEEKS if they lose to Mexico on 11/11)

Tier 2:
Cincinnati Reds

Tier 3: 
FC Cincinnati
HS football alma mater sports
Miami University hockey

Tier 4:
Miami University football
Miami University bball
Columbus Crew

Tier 5:
OSU football (More for my wife than anything. Really don't care for them very much)

Tier 1: Georgia Tech Football

Tier 2: Atlanta Falcons, Atlanta Braves

Tier 3: Georgia Tech Basketball, Atlanta Hawks

Tier 1: US National Team (soccer)

Tier 2: Patriots and Revolution (ironically the best NFL owners and worst MLS owners)

Tier 3: Celtics

Tier 4: None

Tier 5: Any foreign soccer team with a US player on it.

Tier 1: Ohio State football and basketball

Tier 2: Reds and Bengals

Tier 3: CBJ

Tier 4: whoever I wagered on that night

tier 1:  US Men's national Soccer team. (results and quality of play affect my mood- I will yell at the tv, scaring and alienating family. I follow along regularly and am interested in who is playing for them as well as guys who might play for them)

-

-

tier 8: SF Giants, Niners, NY Redbulls, Inter Milan (it's great when they win. don't give a crap if they lose unless it's far into the playoffs- NYRBs are moving up to tier 7... if they can win the damn MLS cup. most of these teams, I know most of the players)

tier 9: NYCFC, Knicks, Warriors, A's, US Women's nation Soccer team. (same as tier 8, just less craps given).

Sadly, Ive come to the realization that I care more about my fantasy teams than my own teams. 

Tier 1: Any fantasy player

Tier 2: Kentucky Wildcats basketball, Cincinnati Bengals

Tier 3: Cincinnati Reds, Houston Rockets, Kentucky Wildcats Football,

Tier 4: Any former Kentucky Wildcats basketball player, mostly MKG, AD and Towns. 

T1:  LA Kings (Have season tickets and live 3+ hrs away);  Minnesota Vikings

T2:  KC Royals (coached one of their players in High School so have become my go to baseball team)

T3:  LA Angels (was my team growing up - loved Rod Carew but was surpassed because of my Royal connection)

T4:  The teams my fantasy players are on from year to year.

T5:  None

tier 1 - none

tier 2 - none

tier 3 - montana grizzly football

tier 4 - none

tier 5 - packers, vikings, us ski team

i used to like the cowboys before jj.

Tier 1: 

Michigan Wolverines Football

Detroit Red Wings

Tier 2:

Detroit Lions

Tier 3: 

Western Michigan Football

Detroit Tigers

Michigan Wolverines Hockey

Tier 4:

Detroit Pistons

Michigan Wolverines Basketball

Washington Capitals

Washington Nationals

Tier 5:

Nothing solid here, there are a few teams that fit into this mold, but it is kind of cyclical, nothing sustaining.

Tier 1: NY Jets; Seton Hall Basketball

Tier 2: USMNT, NY Knicks

Tier 3: NY Yankees, Tottenham Hotspur, NY Rangers

Tier 4: Other Big East Basketball teams, Rutgers Football; Michigan Football; Green Bay Packers

Tier 5: Brooklyn Nets, NJ Devils

Tier 1:

USMNT - this has rocketed up the list for me over the past few years.  I've scared the kids too many times already while watching games.
NE Patriots - Grew up with mom's side of family being from Boston, so it's acquired.  I'm writing in Tom Brady for president. :wub:  

Tier 2.5:

Philly Union - They're really growing on me.  Live games have been a fantastic experience.  Watching them slide down the table as playoffs approach is reminding me what Philly fans go through every year :lol:  

Couldn't care less about all the other major sports. :yawn:  

Tier 1:

Texas Rangers (the team of my Granddad and my Dad, a World Series trophy is the only thing I want in my Sports existence)

Tier 2:

Dallas Cowboys (used to be Tier 1, has been creeping back up lately)

Dallas Mavericks (Dirk remains my favorite DFW athlete of all time, Tier 1 during his peak)

Tier 3:

Dallas Stars (have moments of going all in, was Tier 1 from 98-01, but this will always be the team my ex-wife got in the divorce)

FC Dallas

TCU Football 

Team USA - Olympics/Soccer/etc.

Tier 4:

Texas A&M Football

Fort Worth Cats (R.I.P.)

Athletes with Fort Worth/Dallas ties (LT2, Paulie Ayala, Jeremy Wariner, Carly Patterson, Jordan Spieth)

Liverpool FC

Any team playing UT or OU

Any team playing the other teams in the NFC East

Tier 5:

UT Arlington Athletics (having an alma mater that is a commuter school and doesn't have a football team sucks)

Angelo State Football (Freshman and Soph year in college there)

Univ of North Texas Football (every kid in DFW's safety school)

You have more tier's than I have teams.

1. None

2. Carolina Hurricanes

3. Pittsburgh Steelers

4. Pitt & Penn State

5. None

Tier 1: Red Sox, New England Patriots

Tier 2: Tennessee Vols Football

Tier 3: Boston Celtics, Boston Bruins, Memphis Grizzlies, USMNT Soccer

Tier 4:  University of Memphis Basketball & Football, Boston College Football, Tennessee Titans 

Tier 5: Chicago Cubs (Theo Epstein era)

Background: Grew up outside Boston, HS in Memphis area, College at UT Knoxville, Lived in Memphis area since

Sports wagering has made me emotionless towards teams for the most part. 

Tier 1: Cincinnati Reds. Valley View Spartan football. 

Tier 1: 

Patriots, Lebron's team (I hate them and they can lose every game for all I care)

Tier 2:

Tampa Bay Bucs, Boston Celtics

Tier 3:

Boston Red Sox

Tier 4:

Carolina Panthers, Toronto Blue Jays

Tier 5:

Boston Bruins

Tier 1: 

Oklahoma Sooners football

Tier 2:

Oklahoma Sooners Basketball

Hawks!

Tier 3: 

Chicago White Sox

Chicago Bears

QPR!

FIRE! 

Tier 4:

Chicago Bulls

Tier 5:

Whoever is playing Notre Dame, Texas & Chelsea

Tier 1: 

University of Kentucky Basketball

Cincinnati Bengals

Manchester United

Tier 2:

USMNT 

FC Cincinnati

Tier 3: 

Cincinnati Reds

University of Kentucky Football

Die Mannschaft 

Tier 4:

Xavier University Basketball

FC Nürnberg

Tier 5:

Phoenix Suns

Tier 1:

Los Angeles Dodgers

Tier 2:

Sporting Kansas City, Arizona Rattlers, Jim Beam Drunkards

Tier 4:

Valparaiso hoops and Edmonton Oilers

Tier 1: Spurs. I love Pop!

Tier 2: Cowboys - Once upon a time I used to die a thousand deaths with every Cowboy loss; a million deaths if it was a playoff loss. And then Jerry broke my shivagetter.

Tier 3: Texas Rangers baseball - Still have my 1973 Dr. Pepper/Texas Rangers club patch. I remember David Clyde, Jeff Burroughs and Toby Harrah; One Saturday morning Mike Hargrove and Jim Sundberg attended my Little League baseball practice. I remember indignation when Robin Yount was voted MVP over Ruben Sierra.  And then, in 1994, MLB died.

Tier 4: Saints. I live on the outskirts of Saints territory. I was happy when they won the Super Bowl, but not emotionally invested.

Tier 5: Ole Miss football. My son loves Ole Miss football. It's more sympathy/pity than anything else.

Tier 6: Los Angeles Dodgers. First live MLB game ever. 1972, maybe? Upper deck along first base line at Dodger Stadium. I think Don Sutton pitched, or was it Claude Osteen? Jim Brewer was my first favorite relief pitcher. Was not pleased that Bill Buckner did not play that day - some yahoo named Steve Garvey replaced him.

Tier 1: 

New England Patriots - childhood team in favorite sport.  Love that satellite TV and Sunday games make them accessible 3 time zones away.  The lone team I make "me time" for and my kids know it.

Tier 2:

San Jose Sharks - The only local team I adopted after moving to the west coast, supplanting the Bruins.  Probably would have stuck with the Bruins if not for the logistics of the time zones and my work schedule.  Sharks were accessible, I needed my hockey fix and after enough time I became a huge fan.  Plus, games at the Shark Tank are awesome.

Tier 3: 

Boston Red Sox - Easily in Tier 2 if I still lived in MA.  Long season and difficult logistics knock them down a tier.

Boston Celtics - Probably Tier 1 when I was a teen during the Bird era, living in MA.  Same logistics issues as with Red Sox.

Tier 4:

None

Tier 5:

Boston Bruins - For family and friends in MA.  Really wished Sharks beat Vancouver in the WCF back in 2011.

Oakland Raiders - Friends with plenty of Raiders fans.  Love how these fans have stuck by them during some very lean years after the 2002 Super Bowl.  Been to games even when the Pats don't come to town.

Oakland A's - They were Tier 4 at one point.  Started off as catching the Sox when in town, then morphed into going to more games and watching on TV.  Overall baseball interest waned as my family grew.

Boston College football - Doug Flutie was a god in my youth.  BC was the de facto college powerhouse in MA.  The 1993 game vs. #1 Notre Dame had me dancing around the living room.

Anyone against the NYY - Definitely Tier 5 hate, though.

Tier 1:  My family, food

Tier 2:  SF Giants, music

Tier 3:  GB Packers (definitely not feeling it like I used to 5-10 years ago), UW Badgers football, AFC Wimbledon soccer (a poor decision 25 years ago has led to an odd journey), USMNT

Tier 4:  Badger basketball (effective but even Nigel Hayes can't make them cool), Marquette basketball (unless they're playing the Badgers), GS Warriors (getting a bit uncomfortable w/ the bandwagon fans)

Tier 5:  Montreal Canadians (first NHL game was at the forum), Williams Formula 1, USF Dons, Milwaukee Brewers & Bucks (for old time's sake)

Tier 6:  The team I arbitrarily pick while watching a random game on TV

Eephus is a Habs fan?  Must go back to the Wanderers in 1910, when Frank Glass destroyed things.  Same year the A's dispatched the Cubs in 5. 

1. Tennessee vols 

2. Houston Rockets and Astros 

3. Patriots and Titans and Canucks 

4. Longhorns

Tier 1 - Toronto Blue Jays, Peterborough Petes

Tier 2 - Toronto Maple Leafs (they fall a tier because for the most part, I ####### hate Leafs fans)

Tier 3 - Toronto Raptors

Tier 5 - Sheffield Wednesday, Buffalo Bills 

I really haven't watched NFL in years and when I did, it was more about my fantasy players than any one team but lately I've been considering bandwagoning the Bills - they're by far the closest team to me. My wife's family is from Sheffield and her brothers follow the Jays closely when they're good, so I kind of quid pro quo with Wednesday.

Beyond that, I cheer for ex-Petes players on their NHL teams and that's put me on some bandwagons from time to time (i.e. Canes with both Staal brothers). I would probably choose a concert over a regular season game of any of these teams.

Tier 1:  Miami Dolphins, Toronto Raptors, Toronto Blue Jays

Tier 2: None

Tier 3: Any Team where I have an important keeper on one of my fantasy teams

Tier 4: Miami Heat, Miami Marlins

Tier 5: None

N/A: Toronto Maple Leafs - I hate them, but I'm partying on King St. anyway if they ever win the cup.

Based on the guy I saw at the DMV today, with his Cubs and Blackhawks tattoos, I've decided that there needs to be a Super Elite Uber Tier ranking. 

Tier 1: 

Washington Redskins

Oklahoma Sooners football

Washington Capitals

Tier 2:

Air Force Academy Football 

Washington Nationals

Tier 3: 

Oklahoma Basketball  

Tier 4:

UVA Lacrosse

Tier 5:

Washington Wizards

Tier 1:

Washington Huskies Football

Seattle Seahawks

Seattle Supersonics  :sadbanana:

Tier 2: