What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Congrats to David Dodds (1 Viewer)

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
Congrats to my buddy and FBG partner David Dodds on being elected to the Fantasy Sports Writers Association's Hall of Fame.

Whoo HOO. Great job, Buddy. :hifive:

J

I've never understood halls of fame that let in people who are still actively engaged in the activity (ie not retired) Congrats though, obviously well deserved. Now when do we start get inducted in the fantasy football message board poster's hall of fame?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone for the good wishes. Can't wait to don the yellow jacket and put the bronze statue in the yard.

Unsure, but I may have an old Mr Football T-shirt packed away somewhere in the garage. Even though there are no "experts" in fantasy football, congratulations Mr Dodds.

Last edited by a moderator:
'GroveDiesel said:
Well deserved. If nothing else, you should both be in for your contribution of VBD to fantasy football.
You gotta be kidding me right. I for one came up with that on my own. They possibly popularized it, but come on...Dodds you are good. Congrats.

Congratulations David. I've been following your sites and reading your articles and checking out your rankings for at least 15 years.

To say this is well deserved seems like an understatement. I'm aware of all the long hours you've put in with many sleepless nights. Battles with excel and some HTML editor just to get content on a page were surely part of it too.

You've been coach-like within the FF industry by establishing standards and expecting wins in FF contests. Not many do that...oh standards are just not present on many staffs or sites. I applaud you for sticking with those standards so many years.

Many things you did have been imitated throughout the industry in fantasy football and other fantasy sports. It's not always easy to let "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" roll off your tongue. I understand and enjoyed watching you see an imitation and improve the original to stay on top. It's been extremely impressive.

I'm very happy for you. I hope you take the time to vacation on a sandy beach somewhere and soak this all in-put down the laptop and getaway from the desktop and just relax and soak all this in. It's been a long time. The culmination of everything above is, yes you deserve this award but dude THANK YOU and you probably deserve a vacation too!

God Bless ya David.

For those that don't know. I wrote the original Mock Draft Simulator many years ago. I did so many different calculations to try and get a computer(script) to draft like a person. It was difficult and more math than anything else. When I thought I was done, I asked David for his opinion. He poked a ton of holes in my supposed sweet creation and sent me back to the drawing board with tons of great ideas for tweaks. I went back and forth with him a few times and I could have never done it without David. Since then, hundreds of sites have created a mock draft simulator for all sorts of things. The script writing and web development techniques people use now is eons better than I had. It's come a long way and there's even sites solely set up to simulate mock drafts now. So I'm here to tell you, if you see a Mock Draft Simulator out there on the web, think of David. Some of his ideas are utilized by em' all. It's not just "cheatsheets" and "rankings" this guy does. He's done so much. He's one in a million and I wish I could have spent more time developing stuff with him over the years. I never did again, but felt privileged to have back then.

Users who are viewing this thread