What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Congratulations to the Steelers! (1 Viewer)

timschochet

Footballguy
I am soooo impressed and proud of this team. When I saw the schedule before the year started, and I knew about the problems we had in the offensive line, I figured 8-8, 9-7 if we're lucky. I had NO idea how well the defense would play.

The last three games have been awesome! In the last two, though the offense struggled throughout the entire game, they came through when they had to in the end. It is a great time to be a Steeler fan!

But now, the expectations have to go up! We beat the Titans next week, and we can get home field advantage, and then the Superbowl. The Steelers can be anyone in the NFL!! LET'S GO!!!

I am soooo impressed and proud of this team. When I saw the schedule before the year started, and I knew about the problems we had in the offensive line, I figured 8-8, 9-7 if we're lucky. I had NO idea how well the defense would play.The last three games have been awesome! In the last two, though the offense struggled throughout the entire game, they came through when they had to in the end. It is a great time to be a Steeler fan!But now, the expectations have to go up! We beat the Titans next week, and we can get home field advantage, and then the Superbowl. The Steelers can be anyone in the NFL!! LET'S GO!!!
:towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave: That is all.

Tim types/talks as if he is TRYING to irritate people.Talk of "Super Bowl" when there are still two regular season games remaining. Silly. And intentionally so.
No, I'm not trying to irritate anyone, honestly. The Steelers, if they get to the Superbowl, will have to defeat some GREAT teams. I have nothing but respect for them. I'm afraid of most of them. If one of them win, they'll have earned it.But on the other hand, why can't I be excited by my team? And the fact that if we win next week, we might get home field, surely that's a big advantage. (Now, the truth is, it's an advantage that's never worked for the Steelers is recent times, as Steeler fans all know: we actually did better as a wildcard team. But even so, I'll take it.)So no disrespect for fans of any other team. I am certainly not arguing that the Steelers are better than you. I'm just saying we're here, we're going to be tough to beat, and I am very very happy about that!

You can babble on all you want, there is NO REASON to be talking about the Super Bowl, even if we win this week against Ten.Silly.Irritating.Intentional.
Well, again I'm not trying to be either intentionally irritating or intentionally silly. I don't see what's wrong with talking about the chances of getting to the Superbowl. When the season started, I didn't think we had a chance, frankly. Now we do.If I were a player, I would agree with this "one game at a time humility." But I'm not a player. I'm a fan. I can get excited, I can talk about the Superbowl, and next year's Superbowl, and dynasties, if I want. This is what fans do.

You can babble on all you want, there is NO REASON to be talking about the Super Bowl, even if we win this week against Ten.Silly.Irritating.Intentional.
Is tim a covert Steeler hater?
That's been the idea floating around here.He makes continually makes these kinds of posts. And if you ever looked at his overall posting history, its a pretty in-depth and solid contribution for the most part. But its so intentionally bad as a "Steeler fan" its hard to believe he all of sudden loses focus or refuses to post in a continued solid manner when speaking about the Steelers.
Thanks for the compliment... I guess. I honestly love the Steelers, though. Again, don't see anything wrong with my comments.

Best D we have had since Lloyd, Green, Woodson, and Lake . . . probably even better than them . . . but the O and Ben's decisions are still bothering me. Luckily, there is no juggernaut in either conference this year.

That's been the idea floating around here.He makes continually makes these kinds of posts. And if you ever looked at his overall posting history, its a pretty in-depth and solid contribution for the most part. But its so intentionally bad as a "Steeler fan" its hard to believe he all of sudden loses focus or refuses to post in a continued solid manner when speaking about the Steelers.
Thanks for the compliment... I guess. I honestly love the Steelers, though. Again, don't see anything wrong with my comments.
The world may never know... :lmao:

kevjones22 said:
The stealers benefit from the refs part 2
Will it make you feel better if I spill the beans and admit that the Steelers are one of the NFL's Golden Teams that will always get the calls? :goodposting: Let. It. Go.

kevjones22 said:
haven't gotten over it yet, huh?
Why would anyone get over it? You don't get over having a championship stolen from you. hthToday was the same old ####, same lucky Steelers. All the Steelers fans ever do is "get over it" or :goodposting: because they know it's true. I'm a Redskins fan and don't care very much but seriously they get a lot of stuff to bounce their way and that's been the case for years. It's not intentional or a conspiracy but it certainly is fortunate and if you think people who don't like it are all :football: then you are missing the point.

kevjones22 said:
Why would anyone get over it? You don't get over having a championship stolen from you. hthToday was the same old ####, same lucky Steelers. All the Steelers fans ever do is "get over it" or :lmao: because they know it's true. I'm a Redskins fan and don't care very much but seriously they get a lot of stuff to bounce their way and that's been the case for years. It's not intentional or a conspiracy but it certainly is fortunate and if you think people who don't like it are all :lmao: then you are missing the point.
Wow...interesting point of view.

kevjones22 said:
Why would anyone get over it? You don't get over having a championship stolen from you. hthToday was the same old ####, same lucky Steelers. All the Steelers fans ever do is "get over it" or :lmao: because they know it's true. I'm a Redskins fan and don't care very much but seriously they get a lot of stuff to bounce their way and that's been the case for years. It's not intentional or a conspiracy but it certainly is fortunate and if you think people who don't like it are all :lmao: then you are missing the point.
I don't believe the Steelers are any more or less fortunate than any other team. The Seahawks did not have their Superbowl victory "stolen"; they lost because they were beaten by a better team. Many Seahawk fans I know acknowledge this. Those that don't are whiners and crybabies.

kevjones22 said:
Why would anyone get over it? You don't get over having a championship stolen from you. hthToday was the same old ####, same lucky Steelers. All the Steelers fans ever do is "get over it" or :lmao: because they know it's true.

I'm a Redskins fan and don't care very much but seriously they get a lot of stuff to bounce their way and that's been the case for years. It's not intentional or a conspiracy but it certainly is fortunate and if you think people who don't like it are all :lmao: then you are missing the point.
Yes I'm sure this is true......... :lmao: . Why don't you do an in depth analysis on this and get back to us with some concrete evidence.

kevjones22 said:
Why would anyone get over it? You don't get over having a championship stolen from you. hthToday was the same old ####, same lucky Steelers. All the Steelers fans ever do is "get over it" or :football: because they know it's true. I'm a Redskins fan and don't care very much but seriously they get a lot of stuff to bounce their way and that's been the case for years. It's not intentional or a conspiracy but it certainly is fortunate and if you think people who don't like it are all :bye: then you are missing the point.
Didn't need any help to kick the #### out of the Redskins this year.

Also, I seem to remember a parade of apology letters addressed to Pittsburgh from the NFL b/c, after further review, they were clearly screwed...Jax playoff game holding no call ring a bell??

Anyway, do yourself a favor and let the officiating go. It goes both ways most of the time...but sometimes, like in real life, you get blatantly irrefutably hosed.

Deal with it....accept it....you'll feel much better in the morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, I seem to remember a parade of apology letters addressed to Pittsburgh from the NFL b/c, after further review, they were clearly screwed...Jax playoff game holding no call ring a bell??

Anyway, do yourself a favor and let the officiating go. It goes both ways most of the time...but sometimes, like in real life, you get blatantly irrefutably hosed.

Deal with it....accept it....you'll feel much better in the morning.
Yes for those conspiracy theorists who believe that the leagues wants the Steelers to win, just go back to the year 2000 when the league had to send Bill Cowher 3 apology letters for blown calls that cost them the game.

kevjones22 said:
Why would anyone get over it? You don't get over having a championship stolen from you. hthToday was the same old ####, same lucky Steelers. All the Steelers fans ever do is "get over it" or :lol: because they know it's true.

I'm a Redskins fan and don't care very much but seriously they get a lot of stuff to bounce their way and that's been the case for years. It's not intentional or a conspiracy but it certainly is fortunate and if you think people who don't like it are all :cry: then you are missing the point.
Yes I'm sure this is true......... :thumbup: . Why don't you do an in depth analysis on this and get back to us with some concrete evidence.
Here are three:One

Two

Three

kevjones22 said:
Why would anyone get over it? You don't get over having a championship stolen from you. hthToday was the same old ####, same lucky Steelers. All the Steelers fans ever do is "get over it" or :cry: because they know it's true.

I'm a Redskins fan and don't care very much but seriously they get a lot of stuff to bounce their way and that's been the case for years. It's not intentional or a conspiracy but it certainly is fortunate and if you think people who don't like it are all :cry: then you are missing the point.
Yes I'm sure this is true......... :thumbup: . Why don't you do an in depth analysis on this and get back to us with some concrete evidence.

Two

Three
I stand corrected............. :lol: :cry: :bye:

kevjones22 said:
Why would anyone get over it? You don't get over having a championship stolen from you. hthToday was the same old ####, same lucky Steelers. All the Steelers fans ever do is "get over it" or :thumbup: because they know it's true.

I'm a Redskins fan and don't care very much but seriously they get a lot of stuff to bounce their way and that's been the case for years. It's not intentional or a conspiracy but it certainly is fortunate and if you think people who don't like it are all :unsure: then you are missing the point.
Yes I'm sure this is true......... :confused: . Why don't you do an in depth analysis on this and get back to us with some concrete evidence.

Two

Three
And here is my counter

kevjones22 said:
Why would anyone get over it? You don't get over having a championship stolen from you. hthToday was the same old ####, same lucky Steelers. All the Steelers fans ever do is "get over it" or :thumbup: because they know it's true.

Yes I'm sure this is true......... :lmao: . Why don't you do an in depth analysis on this and get back to us with some concrete evidence.

Two

Three
And here is my counter
I have to say this counter-argument is very convincing, much more so than the original points raised.

kevjones22 said:

Two

Three
And here is my counter
No need for name calling and the Immaculate reception, the Renfro catch, and Super Bowl XL are excellent examples. Pretty sensitive bunch I guess.Hey Tim>I thought you didn't care for the personal attacks. What happened? It's ok when someone else does it but when they do it to you in the FFA it's not necessary? Ok.

Hammered Finz said:
Best D I have seen since the 70's (yes I am old enough to remember :moneybag: )
I want some of what you are smoking if you think this defense is as good as the '85 Bears defense.

kevjones22 said:
Why would anyone get over it? You don't get over having a championship stolen from you. hthToday was the same old ####, same lucky Steelers. All the Steelers fans ever do is "get over it" or :towelwave: because they know it's true.

Yes I'm sure this is true......... :moneybag: . Why don't you do an in depth analysis on this and get back to us with some concrete evidence.

Two

Three
And here is my counter
No need for name calling and the Immaculate reception, the Renfro catch, and Super Bowl XL are excellent examples. Pretty sensitive bunch I guess.Hey Tim>I thought you didn't care for the personal attacks. What happened? It's ok when someone else does it but when they do it to you in the FFA it's not necessary? Ok.
I didn't make the attack. But anyway, this is not a serious issue. I thought it was funny. There is a difference between this sort of thing and calling someone an idiot for serious views.

Rear Naked Choke said:
Stillers Jr. said:
Rear Naked Choke said:
You can babble on all you want, there is NO REASON to be talking about the Super Bowl, even if we win this week against Ten.

Silly.

Irritating.

Intentional.
That's been the idea floating around here.He continually makes these kinds of posts. And if you ever looked at his overall posting history, its a pretty in-depth and solid contribution for the most part. But its so intentionally bad as a "Steeler fan" its hard to believe he all of sudden loses focus or refuses to post in a continued solid manner when speaking about the Steelers.
Apparently thoughts of the Superbowl are also not irritating or silly to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review:All defense, a little offense is title recipe

!By John Harris, TRIBUNE-REVIEW

Monday, December 15, 2008

BALTIMORE — We know that the Steelers have a championship defense. But can they win Super Bowl XLIII with this offense?

"Coming into this game, we felt like if they give us 10 points, we're good,'' Steelers nose tackle Casey Hampton said. " We felt like if we got 10 points out of the offense, we were going to be OK.''

OK? How about the Steelers defense playing out its mind for what has it been now, 14 weeks?

Sunday's 13-9 Steelers win over the Baltimore Ravens fhat clinched the AFC North title, capped by the offensive's brilliant 92-yard game-winning touchdown drive late in the game, was a microcosm of how the Steelers can win the Super Bowl.

If the Steelers continue to squeeze the life out of opposing offenses - and there's no reason to believe they won't treat their final two regular-season opponents, Tennessee and Cleveland, with similar disdain - they'll provide their still work-in-progress offense with the window of opportunity to make enough plays for the team to be a favorite in any game.

"We've got that type of confidence. We feel like we can shut any team out,'' inside linebacker James Farrior said of the Steelers' No. 1 ranked defense. "We haven't done it yet this year, and that's our goal. Any time a team gets 4 yards or more, that's a big play for us. We've got high standards around here.''

Believe it or not, so does the Steelers' offense, which for the first 56 minutes of yesterday's game produced six points along with high anxiety for coach Mike Tomlin.

And then second-year linebacker Lawrence Timmons sacked Baltimore's Joe Flacco on third down, forcing a punt and providing the offense with one last chance for redemption.

"That was definitely the play of the game,'' inside linebacker Larry Foote said. "I don't take nothing away from the offense, but I've got to go with my defensive commrades.''

Until quarterback Ben Roethlisberger pulled a rabbit out of his hat on that final drive and completed 7 of 11 passes for 89 yards and a controversial 4-yard touchdown to Santonio Holmes, it was difficult to believe the Steelers weren't heading to their first loss in over a month.

Even with the defense holding another offense, and another quarterback, to ridiculously low numbers.

Flacco managed a mere 22.2 passer rating, by far the lowest rating among the quarterbacks faced by the Steelers during the team's current five-game winning streak - the team's longest streak since a 14-game run in 2004.

The five quarterbacks - Flacco, Dallas' Tony Romo, New England's Matt Cassel, Cincinnati's Ryan Fitzpatrick and San Diego's Philip Rivers — averaged a 42.8 passer rating and only 10.4 points per game against the Steelers.

Meanwhile, the Steelers' No. 25-ranked offense has picked up the pace and is averaging 20.6 points during the team's best winning streak in four years.

"They've been driving the ball, having a couple of turnovers. But we had confidence in what they could do,'' Hampton said. "We just knew they had to hold onto to the ball. And they did that.''

Nate Washington, who had three key receptions for 49 yards on the final drive, said the offensive players have never felt pressure to compete with the league's best defense.

"No pressure,'' Washington said. "I can't say enough about our defense. I think the best thing they do besides the plays that they make is they never get down on us. If you beat one, you have to beat us all.''

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

On the other hand, of course, this could be shtick. Perhaps, like me, the Tribune-Review secretly hates the Steeelers :moneybag:

:shrug: So you are claiming to not understand the difference of a teams fan at FBGs board (or any major conflagration of various NFL fans) making a post and a newspaper headline for a specific team?Please, you are better then that.
The article discusses whether this team is Superbowl bound. So did I. What is so irritating or silly about that? I really don't understand your objection.

You sure you want the Steelers to get the #1 seed? It means that they'll probably play the Colts in their playoff game.

It's not like the Steelers have the best record in home AFC title games either. Maybe the #2 seed is best for them.

You sure you want the Steelers to get the #1 seed? It means that they'll probably play the Colts in their playoff game.It's not like the Steelers have the best record in home AFC title games either. Maybe the #2 seed is best for them.
The Colts are #5 right now. I actually think both wildcard teams will advance. I'd rather play the Ravens or Pats than the Colts. So yes, I would like the #1 seed.

You sure you want the Steelers to get the #1 seed? It means that they'll probably play the Colts in their playoff game.It's not like the Steelers have the best record in home AFC title games either. Maybe the #2 seed is best for them.
Right now, it's looking like it's shaping up to be The AFC East champ v. Baltimore in the 3/6 game and Denver/Indy in the 4/5, but a lot could change (or Miami/Jets/NE could supplant Baltimore as the #6.) This year, I think if Baltimore and Indy make the playoffs, they will both win wild card games on the road. I don't really care which of those two teams Pittsburgh would have to play. The thing is, Pittsburgh's been better on the road than at home this year, and if they get Tennessee in the AFCC (no sure bet), I think I'd stillr ather they be at home. Really, though, I just wanted the first round bye, and we've got that, so all is well.

:thumbup:

So you are claiming to not understand the difference of a teams fan at FBGs board (or any major conflagration of various NFL fans) making a post and a newspaper headline for a specific team?

Please, you are better then that.
The article discusses whether this team is Superbowl bound. So did I. What is so irritating or silly about that? I really don't understand your objection.
You FLEW right past the "bound" part.The article asked a BASIC precept, is this offense good enough to get there?

You stated, and I quote... "We beat the Titans next week, and we can get home field advantage, and then the Superbowl."

You rocketed right past the Divisional and conference rounds. You slapped aside any potential playoff match up with -- Indianapolis, New England, Baltimore, the Jets, Denver or Miami and even a rematch with the Titans. Its poor form and reflects as such. Which really (and unfortunately) appears to be your intent. Its fits your standard operating procedure.
I'm sorry, but I still don't get the criticism here. I'm excited about MY team. I like MY team's chances. This implies no disrespect to the other teams out there. It's not like I wrote, "We've got an easy path to the SB, because Indy, New England, Baltimore, Tennessee- THEY ALL SUCK!!" If I had written something like that, yes, I can see that would be irritating, silly, etc. But all I wrote was that, unlike my expectations at the beginning of the year, all seems possible for the Steelers. We have a very good team, we might get home field, so why not the SB? I see nothing wrong with this. Indy fans probably expect their team to get to the SB, and more power to them!

kevjones22 said:
Why would anyone get over it? You don't get over having a championship stolen from you. hthToday was the same old ####, same lucky Steelers. All the Steelers fans ever do is "get over it" or :bag: because they know it's true.

Two

Three
And here is my counter
You are missing the point. You were using wikipedia and urbandictionary for your "concrete evidence". I guess I could have simply used :bag: , but chose to try and be a little humorous with it. I wasn't trying to attack you per se, but rather just mock your links with a made up link of my own.

Hammered Finz said:
Best D I have seen since the 70's (yes I am old enough to remember :shrug: )
I want some of what you are smoking if you think this defense is as good as the '85 Bears defense.
'86 Giants, '00 Ravens, '90 Giants, '91 Eagles, '01 Patriots, etc.
other than the 91 Eagles, none of these D's were #1 across the board..
True. Steelers are #1 vs. the pass, #1 vs. the run, #1 overall, #1 in yards per play, #1 in scoring defense, #1 in red zone defense. That's pretty rare.

The Colts are #5 right now. I actually think both wildcard teams will advance. I'd rather play the Ravens or Pats than the Colts. So yes, I would like the #1 seed.
I'm not so sure. If those are the 3 choices, I could be convinced to take the Colts in Pittsburgh's house. They're a "soft" team that needed some crazy bounces to win in Pittsburgh in the first meeting. I'd take my chances that they weren't going to get 2 more "skillet handed INTs turnded into points" if they played again.I also enjoy watching Peyton Manning cry when he's getting hit in the mouth. :lmao:Obviously, the other two teams don't have Manning, so you'd almost have to want them by default......but beating the Forehead Monument of Indiana would be a nice bonus.The way that defense is playing, it probably won't matter what offense they face. It's unlikely to give up more than a couple scores per game, if they remain healthy. The offense is likely going to make or break them come playoff time.

Users who are viewing this thread