What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Contract Hold Outs (1 Viewer)

Harry Beanbag

Sausage King of Chicago
With the opening of training camps there is always talk of hold outs. With hold outs I do not mean just the rookies that have yet to come to terms with their first contract but veteran players as well. A prime example was Javon Walker or the talk of Hines Ward holding out last year.

I guess my question is: How do hold outs affect a team’s chances of going to and winning the Super Bowl?

I am not sure if anyone has done research on this but was wondering if the lack of team chemistry and added distraction of having more hold outs than say another team has affected a team's ability to be successful in the post season.

Last year did the Steelers have all of their draft picks signed by the time camp opened? Did they have any veterans hold out? What about the Patriots the three years they won the Super Bowl? I am not really sure how this translates to winning a fantasy football league but might have some insight on how well a team will perform during the season.

I'm pretty sure this would need to be approached on a case-by-case basis.

Users who are viewing this thread