What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Could you win a fight with a (1 Viewer)

Could you beat up a 135 woman MMA fighter

• Yes

Votes: 59 38.6%
  • No

Votes: 94 61.4%

• Total voters
I have a moderate amount of combatives training, have won my share of fights against marines and soldiers and I am fairly certain that I would lose the fight.Although you didn't say "win the fight" isn't that implied? So it comes down to whether you'd be willing to pick up and use a weapon against her. In self defense I would but not otherwise.
Hand to hand combat no weapons. The winner will be judged like a street fight. Last one to respond or first to quit loses. All fights will go to the other can not continue.
I've won more fights than I've lost and all of them street fights. I have a high tolerance for pain and I have taken some good shots along the way. But I'm 48 and not in any kind of shape. I don't have a significant physical advantage in that I'm only 5'10" probably not enough reach or height difference to be meaningful. And she is a pro.Even if I could spend some time working out I'm having my wife put all our money on her and that Chris chick? She gets it's done even faster. I doubt seriously most of these guys saying they could win would. Christo mentioned a punchers chance. How many punches in a row have any of you thrown lately?

I've won more fights than I've lost and all of them street fights.
You don't seem like the combative type to me, GB.If I could have picked someone here who has NEVER been in a fight, it would have been you or CrossEyed. :)
I am 7-4 only counting fights after 18. By about 20 I was over it and I haven't had a fight since. I was a very angry young man at that point. I was dealing with the suicide of my father and finding out my mother had lied to me for years about him trying to contact to me. Going to the lengths of throwing away birthday and Christmas cards from him. From talking to people at his funeral I learned he died not knowing I didn't hate him. That's heavy stuff for a young man that age. I was in the military so I had access to the liquor store despite being 18. The age has changed by this point to 21. So I drank a lot and I was prickly. I put myself in situations where there was likely to be trouble and I was more than willing to throw the first punch.But I finally grew up a bit, mostly forgave my mom and got on with my life. Anger is an ugly thing that will destroy your life if you let it.

Ive been in a lot of fights. And most people overestimate their ability to take a punch.
I don't think in many situations the 135 pounder takes a dude out with one punch. I know for a fact if she tries to punch me in the face when I am a foot taller, it puts her in a bad situation. I have been pounded on until the white of my eyes were filled with blood. Never felt any pain from the hits and was dead cold sober. I know I can take a punch but can I hit her? Out cardio her? (no). Even if I her her it probably will not be a knock out blow, as she has taken many hits before and knows how to take and avoid punches. She has more weapons than me and has seen my weapons and dealt with them against much better male fighters sparing. If I bum rush her and smother her, she has much better skills on the ground. I think if I don't stun her with a good punch early, I am in trouble.
:goodposting: This is the right answer. A trained MMA fighter has been in these situations far more times than any self proclaimed street fighter. For a 135 lb girl giving up 60-70 lbs and 6-12" of height and reach, anything can happen. If you ran the scenario 10x i bet they would win 7 or 8....Don't forget they do this for a living.....Now if they want to see who can format and excell sheet the fastest, i am all over it :flex:

Here is a women's 135 lb. MMA match:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPDNROm4MYQDo they look intimidating to any of you? Just asking.
You are kidding right....I would love to see an armature trying to take those knee strikes to the midsection in a clinch....have you ever accidentally banged knee's with someone while playing bball? It is debilitating....think about taking multiple of those to the mid section or to the thigh.....

Did any of you watch shaq vs de la hoya? Shaq is a hall of fame athlete that had over 100 lbs on de la hoya...He did not even come close to knocking him out....I don't think these gals are getting enough credit.

Did any of you watch shaq vs de la hoya? Shaq is a hall of fame athlete that had over 100 lbs on de la hoya...He did not even come close to knocking him out....I don't think these gals are getting enough credit.
I think it was closer to 200 pounds than 100 pounds.

Funny thing about this question is the gap between a skilled fighter and someone who fights. There is one of my buddy's that I think would beat her 99% of the time. The boy can flat out throw down. In a 10 against 7 brawl he knocked out cold three all bigger than him (6' 180 is his size). He got martial arts and grappling training after he was already a bad ### (he would not consider himself a bad ###). I trained with him and could hold my own, if you take rules out he is head and shoulders above me.

Yes, and Shaq would have killed De La Hoya if he would have unleashed his size and strength.

If I get her to ground it's probably over pretty quick.
What exactly would you do once you had her on the ground? Do you know any submission moves? WIll you just sit on her? What happens when she squirms away and start punching you in the kidneys?
Yes. I've been a police officer for 17 years. I've been in enough fights and defense tactics training to get through that OK.
What exactly would you do once you had her on the ground? Do you know any submission moves?
Dutch Oven imo.
:lmao:

Ive been in a lot of fights. And most people overestimate their ability to take a punch.
I don't think in many situations the 135 pounder takes a dude out with one punch. I know for a fact if she tries to punch me in the face when I am a foot taller, it puts her in a bad situation. I have been pounded on until the white of my eyes were filled with blood. Never felt any pain from the hits and was dead cold sober. I know I can take a punch but can I hit her? Out cardio her? (no). Even if I her her it probably will not be a knock out blow, as she has taken many hits before and knows how to take and avoid punches. She has more weapons than me and has seen my weapons and dealt with them against much better male fighters sparing. If I bum rush her and smother her, she has much better skills on the ground. I think if I don't stun her with a good punch early, I am in trouble.
:goodposting: This is the right answer. A trained MMA fighter has been in these situations far more times than any self proclaimed street fighter. For a 135 lb girl giving up 60-70 lbs and 6-12" of height and reach, anything can happen. If you ran the scenario 10x i bet they would win 7 or 8....Don't forget they do this for a living.....Now if they want to see who can format and excell sheet the fastest, i am all over it :flex:
I doubt many mm females do it for a living. Unless they are happy making a few thousand dollars a year. I may be being generous on that number. eta - Taking lessons from internationally ranked, undefeated, WIBF top 10 female boxer. She is a kickboxing/fitness instructor at my gym for a living.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am 6'4 210 lbs and I get crushed.

A friend of mine is a purple in BJJ and he's 5'3 140 lbs and he can submit me practically anytime he wants if we grapple. And standing up, compare how horribly awkward street fights look vs MMA fighters. It is very similar, if you don't know what you are doing, you don't know what you are doing.

On my best day 25 years ago... maybe.

Today... not a chance.

The only fights I ever won were due to my speed. This old mule still has a little kick, but now I'm slow as hell.

Here is a women's 135 lb. MMA match:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPDNROm4MYQDo they look intimidating to any of you? Just asking.
Based on this video, I think I win. But I'm sure there are girls better than those girls. Not saying I'm some great fighter (I know I'm not), but I'm definitely quicker than both these girls and I've got nearly 50 lbs on them. I also have a pretty darn high pain tolerance, so I don't think they could take me down with 1 punch. And lets please not turn this into "my buddy is 140 lbs and would crush me". Your buddy is a dude. Totally different.

Based on this video, I think I win. But I'm sure there are girls better than those girls.
The question was could you beat a 135lb female MMA fighter?
And lets please not turn this into "my buddy is 140 lbs and would crush me". Your buddy is a dude. Totally different.
Agree.

I voted no, but a part of me really wants to try. I'd like to naked fight Miesha Tate or Gina Carano and immediately allow them a mounted triangle.

Based on this video, I think I win. But I'm sure there are girls better than those girls.
The question was could you beat a 135lb female MMA fighter?
And lets please not turn this into "my buddy is 140 lbs and would crush me". Your buddy is a dude. Totally different.
Agree.
Well, it depends on how we define MMA fighter. If it means any chick that took a few months of Muay Thai classes, I absolutely think there are many i could beat up (LOOK AT ME!!!). If it means the girls in the video (who i don't believe are elite female MMA fighters) than I still think i could.If it means the absolutely best 135 MMA fighter in the world, I don't know. I'd have to see her up close and see her hit before making that decision. I still think the answer would be yes. If we're talking 150-160 lbs, I would probably have to reconsider.

Last edited by a moderator:
'the moops said:
'TLEF316 said:
but I'm definitely quicker than both these girls
:lmao: :lmao: No chance
The girl in the video who posted it on youtube made a comment in the comment section. Its her 2nd MMA fight.Just because someone is throwing punches on the internet doesn't make them a great fighter. Those girls are mostly just stumbling around trying to slap each other. This isn't the silly "I could stand up to Manny Pacquaio" thread. We're talking about 130 lb women. The truth is we have no idea how much/little damage they could cause. But quite frankly, I'd bet on myself (or any other reasonably in-shape 27 year with some athletic ability) in this case.

Not a really a fighter, or in anything resembling adequate athletic condition. I'd be destroyed quickly on my best day. First solid punch to my head would sap any will that I had left and if she hooked a submission on me, it'd be even worse. If I was really lucky, I'd be able to use my longer legs and create enough distance to find a place to hide until she gave up and went away.

Not a really a fighter, or in anything resembling adequate athletic condition. I'd be destroyed quickly on my best day. First solid punch to my head would sap any will that I had left and if she hooked a submission on me, it'd be even worse. If I was really lucky, I'd be able to use my longer legs and create enough distance to find a place to hide until she gave up and went away.
:lmao: I just hope she doesn't hit me before I can get to my rape whistle.

I was seriously wondering wtf you people were coming from in the tiny man boxer thread.

When 64% of the FFA thinks they would get whooped by a tiny girl, I have my answer. :mellow:

she'd have no chance. but I'm 8'4" and 479 pounds. if I even point in her direction, she'll explode into a fine mist.

This would be a street fight, no rules.
That makes it totally unpredictable, since it's legal for each opponent to lob projectiles at one another well before submission range is achieved. She misses with her beer bottle, then you connect with yours and close up one of her eyes ... the game has changed. Vice versa, too.She has to get the broken bottle or pool stick or whatever out of your hand before she goes in for submission, doesn't she? Is that a piece of cake for her, or does she have to watch how she approaches?...Where is the tipping point where weight and athleticism overcome training? For instance, can the 135-lb MMA female beat a motivated Dwight Howard on the streets? And if not, how many inches and how much weight do you have to shave off of her opponent to make it even?

No slam dunk, but at more than twice her weight, a much longer reach, 6 inches or more height advatage, with both wrestling and martial arts experiance...the wording is COULD you....it's no stretch to say that I not only could, but probably SHOULD.

Even than....probably no gimme!

I think a lot of people don't understand the ground game and how it deflates any advantages a larger, stronger opponent has over a smaller one.

Hand to hand combat no weapons. The winner will be judged like a street fight. Last one to respond or first to quit loses. All fights will go to the other can not continue.
Didn't see this in the OP ... would've voted different. I was thinking it would be a cinder-block and beer-bottle fest rather than an MMA-type of fight.

Also, i'm voting no. I train with a 145 lb pro fighter, and he absolutely destroys me. It's comical. When we are on our feet, I can't land a single punch, and all I can see from him is a constant barrage of fists and feet coming from all over. On the ground I can do a little better, but it's only a matter of time before I'm tapping.

A 10 lb smaller version of him, with obviously less strength and possibly more quickness... I'm not sure that would be enough to make a huge difference.

I think a lot of people don't understand the ground game and how it deflates any advantages a larger, stronger opponent has over a smaller one.
:confused: I thought weight confered much more advantage in the ground game, and less in striking (assuming similar heights)? i understand that the smaller fighter can conceivablly achieve a submission hold on a bigger opponent, a la Royce Gracie. But the devil is in getting to that submission hold ... isn't that much harder against an opponent double your body weight than it against someone in your own weight class? It was harder for Royce to submit Dan Severn (sorry, my MMA references are ancient) than it was for him to submit the smaller strikers.

Maybe if we're pitting the 135-lb woman against completely untrained, unathletic guys. But give the big guys even basic HS-athlete level athleticism ... they should be able to make things a lot tougher on the MMA woman. Not saying she couldn't still win, but it wouldn't be (for her) like fighting a small child or something.

A 10 lb smaller version of him, with obviously less strength and possibly more quickness... I'm not sure that would be enough to make a huge difference.
Shave weight off the girl -- how light would she have to be before it was an even fight with you? Physics comes into play at some point.

I'm 6'1" 195, athletic, moderately strong. Know how to throw a punch.

To be honest I have no idea...interesting question for your typical guy that hasn't been in a lot of fights.

I would guess yes, but I wouldn't call it a slam dunk.

Do I have nut protection? Do I get to train?
Recent LHucks post from another forum. I'm pretty sure I'd get the crap beaten out of me. When I was younger I could have maybe won 1 out of 10. Today I'd have basically zero chance.

Once she sunk the choke hold in I'd be finished, then she could rain hammer fists to my face as I lay there in a pool of my own blood. If I could sneak up on her and knock her out with a two by four before she had a chance to duck, I might have a chance.

:lmao: @ any guy on the ffa who thinks they can hang with a pro mma fighter regardless of gender. jfc.
There are military and law enforcement in the FFA. Mixed-martial arts training is not magic. Yes, practically any trained MMA fighter, any gender/size, will beat any couch potato.Start changing some paramaters around, though. Keep bending and adjusting the parameters until you get what you feel is a fair fight. Advanced MMA training counts for a lot, no doubt, but how much? How much size, weight, and athleticism can it make up for when you're no longer fighting couch potatos?

Can the MMA woman take out a whole SEAL team by herself? No? OK, change it up ... make it one SEAL. Is that a close fight? Dunno ... highly trained man vs highly trained woman ... seems like the man has a natural strength advantage at minmum.

So we get away from highly-trained+athletic men, and go on to the merely highly-athletic guys -- your pro & college athletes, your high-level amateurs. The MMA woman against a prime Rulon Gardner? Her training can make that size difference up on a (differently) trained opponent? Moleculo suggests "yes". What say you?

:lmao: @ any guy on the ffa who thinks they can hang with a pro mma fighter regardless of gender. jfc.
There are military and law enforcement in the FFA. Mixed-martial arts training is not magic. Yes, practically any trained MMA fighter, any gender/size, will beat any couch potato.Start changing some paramaters around, though. Keep bending and adjusting the parameters until you get what you feel is a fair fight. Advanced MMA training counts for a lot, no doubt, but how much? How much size, weight, and athleticism can it make up for when you're no longer fighting couch potatos?

Can the MMA woman take out a whole SEAL team by herself? No? OK, change it up ... make it one SEAL. Is that a close fight? Dunno ... highly trained man vs highly trained woman ... seems like the man has a natural strength advantage at minmum.

So we get away from highly-trained+athletic men, and go on to the merely highly-athletic guys -- your pro & college athletes, your high-level amateurs. The MMA woman against a prime Rulon Gardner? Her training can make that size difference up on a (differently) trained opponent? Moleculo suggests "yes". What say you?
a pro mma fighter regardless of gender
How has this been altered?

:goodposting: A lot of guys overestimate their ability on size alone. That said, many here are underestimating was an athletic or trained guy can do in this competition. If it's the typical schlubs you see every week on Wipeout, no they don't have a chance. If it's a male SEAL, I think more often than not the woman has no chance.

For the record, I'd give myself a decent chance vs. the girls in the video and no chance vs. elite MMA women.

Users who are viewing this thread