What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CP and Harvin can do everything except be a WR (1 Viewer)

I love the Harvin anxiety. He's a bench stash since you can't trade him for anything at this point in my regular leagues...

But I'm in one league that gives KR/PR-points – make him very valuable so I just traded for him. He's a great buy low in /those types/ of leagues. Even crapping the bed as WR hasn't kept him from being a top-20. If he get's going on offense, he's a steal.
I am right there with you. Last week doing nothing on offense he still got me 7 pts with rtn yardage. You know he's going to have a game with a kick rtn and rec td

Percy Harvin is average.

Never had a 1000 yards receiving.

Never had more than 6 receiving TDs in a season.

Only had one season with 80+ catches.

Since 2010, Percy Harvin has as many fumbles (3) as receptions over 40 yards.

So again, very average. It's nothing against him, but clearly he's not a great receiver.
Wow, talk about cherry picking. We get it, you drafted him and got burned. I have him in a couple leagues, but via keepers, so only burned an 11th/13th on him. I would have liked more, but I think Wilson and the game plan is holding him back. No idea why. They are idiots and now they are 3-2 idiots.

That said, he has only had 3 complete seasons in his career. In those first 3 years, he has 790, 868 and 967 receiving yards. Those are not very average WR #s for the first 3 seasons of a WR in the NFL. He also has 6, 5 and 6 receiving TDs. Not great, but certainly again not average. Of course, you are also conveniently ignoring his almost 600 yards and 3TDs rushing his first three years. So, he has easily averaged over 1000 yards and around 7 TDs rushing/receiving his 3 fully healthy years. You may say that rushing doesn't count, but every touch he gets rushing is going to take an opportunity away from receiving.

Also, you conveniently left out 2012, where in only 9 games, he had 62-677. He got hurt in week 9, so ignoring that 2-10, pro-rated, he is at 120-1334-6TDs and 144-2TDs rushing, which isn't average last time I checked. If you want to discount that, then let's look at the second half of 2011 where in his third year Harvin seemed to "get it" as a WR in his third year. He had 56-633-5TDs and 160-1TD rushing. Seems like 2012 was the same pace as the second half of 2011 showing that it wasn't a fluke and that he was way above average as a WR.

Unfortunately, injuries derailed him and he certainly isn't being used like he was in Minny, where he averaged over 7 receptions a game once he got it.
Injuries are part of the game and if you can't stay on the field you can't help your team win. People don't get awards for what they would be projected to do, they get them for getting on the field and producing. I don't have either one in any of my leagues because they are overrated. And your take on rookie WRs not producing as rookies has become a thing of the past. Keenan Allen broke 1000 yards last year as a rookie. Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, Dez Bryant, Larry Fitz, and AJ Green all had good numbers as rookies as well. I could go on and on all day. Kelvin Benjamin doesn't look too bad this year do he? Exactly. I don't even know why you would bring up rookie numbers either, Percy Harvin is in his sixth season. He should be in the prime of his career. At some point you have to say the fault is on the person. Is six years in the NFL not enough time to learn how to play WR? You brought up rushing stats but didn't read my post, which was that these guys are great athletes but not good WRs.
I brought up the stats because that is what they are. I brought up rookie and second year numbers, because normally WRs improve every year early on and don't blossom year 1. Yes, he is in year 6, so he missed half a year in year 4 and all of year 5, what else can I use? In year 3, he finished WR8 in my PPR leagues and in year 4, he was top 3 when he got hurt. You continue to say he has never been a good WR, but in year 3 and 4, he was a top WR, period. Oh, and unlike the guys listed, he didn't have Romo or Stafford or Rivers or Ryan or Warner or even Dalton throwing to him, he had Christian effing Ponder throwing to him when he was a top WR for that year and a half before getting hurt.

That said, did you know Calvin had 756 yards his rookie year and didn't get over 1000 in year 3? Dez Bryant had 561 yards his rookie year and didn't get over 1000 until his 3rd year. Brandon Marshall had 309 yards receiving his rookie year. Fitzgerald had 780 yards his rookie year and under 1000 again in his 3rd year. Only AJ Green has really been the exception to the rule and guess what, he is ridiculously good.

So, Keenan Allen had 1046 yards last year, guess what he is on pace for 789 yards this year even with 1 of his 6 games accounting for half of his yards. Do you think Keenan Allen is the next AJ Green or Calvin Johnson? Michael Clayton had a great rookie season as well, remember him? Only AJ Green out of all those greats above have over 1000 yards and Harvin outdid all of them except AJ Green in his rookie year. Oh, I forgot Andre Johnson as well, he had under 1000 yards in year 1, year 3 and year 5, so he must have sucked the rest of his career.

So, keep going on and on all day about rookie years when your statement isn't true and based on the greats above, 790 yards is a solid season, especially if you continue to build on it like Harvin did. Aside from his injury, he improved every year from year 1 to 4 with year 4 looking like a top 5 breakout year until the injury with Christian Ponder passing him the ball. You just want to point to years 5 and 6 when he has played 5 games so far and Seattle isn't using him, which is ridiculous. When they did against Washington last week down field he had a 26 yard TD and a 41 yard TD called back for aggressive blocking and illegal procedure. Have fun cherry picking and being wrong about things like rookie stats.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/17/seahawks-want-to-expand-percy-harvins-role/

Seahawks want to expand Percy Harvin’s rolePosted by Josh Alper on October 17, 2014, 3:59 PM EDT
cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwmxzgzhmdlhmmfmmzjjndg0n2m2yzriyzexmdq4ymi2-e1413575978416.jpeg
APSeahawks wide receiver Percy Harvin has made 22 catches this season, half of which saw him receiving the ball behind the line of scrimmage.

That’s unusual for most receivers, but not one who has made a career out of turning short passes into big plays. Those big plays didn’t come against the Cowboys last week as Harvin’s three catches netted the team zero yards and this week finds Seattle talking about using Harvin as receiver deeper down the field in the coming weeks.

“He’s too fast not to use deep,” coach Pete Carroll said, via the Seattle Times.

Harvin had a long touchdown pass wiped out by penalty against Washington, but that’s an exception to his regular role in the team’s offense. As with any promises from coaches about different roles for players, the proof will come on the field. After the Cowboys shut down the Seahawks passing game last week, though, it’s no surprise to see the team considering new ways of getting the ball into Harvin’s hands.

Percy Harvin is average.

So again, very average. It's nothing against him, but clearly he's not a great receiver.
Wow, talk about cherry picking. We get it, you drafted him and got burned. I have him in a couple leagues, but via keepers, so only burned an 11th/13th on him. I would have liked more, but I think Wilson and the game plan is holding him back. No idea why. They are idiots and now they are 3-2 idiots.That said, he has only had 3 complete seasons in his career. In those first 3 years, he has 790, 868 and 967 receiving yards. Those are not very average WR #s for the first 3 seasons of a WR in the NFL. He also has 6, 5 and 6 receiving TDs. Not great, but certainly again not average. Of course, you are also conveniently ignoring his almost 600 yards and 3TDs rushing his first three years. So, he has easily averaged over 1000 yards and around 7 TDs rushing/receiving his 3 fully healthy years. You may say that rushing doesn't count, but every touch he gets rushing is going to take an opportunity away from receiving.

Also, you conveniently left out 2012, where in only 9 games, he had 62-677. He got hurt in week 9, so ignoring that 2-10, pro-rated, he is at 120-1334-6TDs and 144-2TDs rushing, which isn't average last time I checked. If you want to discount that, then let's look at the second half of 2011 where in his third year Harvin seemed to "get it" as a WR in his third year. He had 56-633-5TDs and 160-1TD rushing. Seems like 2012 was the same pace as the second half of 2011 showing that it wasn't a fluke and that he was way above average as a WR.

Unfortunately, injuries derailed him and he certainly isn't being used like he was in Minny, where he averaged over 7 receptions a game once he got it.
Injuries are part of the game and if you can't stay on the field you can't help your team win. People don't get awards for what they would be projected to do, they get them for getting on the field and producing. I don't have either one in any of my leagues because they are overrated. And your take on rookie WRs not producing as rookies has become a thing of the past. Keenan Allen broke 1000 yards last year as a rookie. Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, Dez Bryant, Larry Fitz, and AJ Green all had good numbers as rookies as well. I could go on and on all day. Kelvin Benjamin doesn't look too bad this year do he? Exactly. I don't even know why you would bring up rookie numbers either, Percy Harvin is in his sixth season. He should be in the prime of his career. At some point you have to say the fault is on the person. Is six years in the NFL not enough time to learn how to play WR? You brought up rushing stats but didn't read my post, which was that these guys are great athletes but not good WRs.
I brought up the stats because that is what they are. I brought up rookie and second year numbers, because normally WRs improve every year early on and don't blossom year 1. Yes, he is in year 6, so he missed half a year in year 4 and all of year 5, what else can I use? In year 3, he finished WR8 in my PPR leagues and in year 4, he was top 3 when he got hurt. You continue to say he has never been a good WR, but in year 3 and 4, he was a top WR, period. Oh, and unlike the guys listed, he didn't have Romo or Stafford or Rivers or Ryan or Warner or even Dalton throwing to him, he had Christian effing Ponder throwing to him when he was a top WR for that year and a half before getting hurt.That said, did you know Calvin had 756 yards his rookie year and didn't get over 1000 in year 3? Dez Bryant had 561 yards his rookie year and didn't get over 1000 until his 3rd year. Brandon Marshall had 309 yards receiving his rookie year. Fitzgerald had 780 yards his rookie year and under 1000 again in his 3rd year. Only AJ Green has really been the exception to the rule and guess what, he is ridiculously good.

So, Keenan Allen had 1046 yards last year, guess what he is on pace for 789 yards this year even with 1 of his 6 games accounting for half of his yards. Do you think Keenan Allen is the next AJ Green or Calvin Johnson? Michael Clayton had a great rookie season as well, remember him? Only AJ Green out of all those greats above have over 1000 yards and Harvin outdid all of them except AJ Green in his rookie year. Oh, I forgot Andre Johnson as well, he had under 1000 yards in year 1, year 3 and year 5, so he must have sucked the rest of his career.

So, keep going on and on all day about rookie years when your statement isn't true and based on the greats above, 790 yards is a solid season, especially if you continue to build on it like Harvin did. Aside from his injury, he improved every year from year 1 to 4 with year 4 looking like a top 5 breakout year until the injury with Christian Ponder passing him the ball. You just want to point to years 5 and 6 when he has played 5 games so far and Seattle isn't using him, which is ridiculous. When they did against Washington last week down field he had a 26 yard TD and a 41 yard TD called back for aggressive blocking and illegal procedure. Have fun cherry picking and being wrong about things like rookie stats.
Everyone I mentioned has broken 1000 yards, except Harvin.

Percy Harvin has not done it ever.

Never in six tries

He is 0-6

Brian Hartline has done it two years in a row

Nate Washington has done it

Harvin is 0-6

Yes, Brian freakin Hartline on the Miami Dolphins has broken 1000 yards as a number 2 WR with Ryan Tannehill as a QB.

Percy Harvin has never been able to do this. Ever.

I'll wait for another lame excuse.

Percy Harvin is average.

Wow, talk about cherry picking. We get it, you drafted him and got burned. I have him in a couple leagues, but via keepers, so only burned an 11th/13th on him. I would have liked more, but I think Wilson and the game plan is holding him back. No idea why. They are idiots and now they are 3-2 idiots.That said, he has only had 3 complete seasons in his career. In those first 3 years, he has 790, 868 and 967 receiving yards. Those are not very average WR #s for the first 3 seasons of a WR in the NFL. He also has 6, 5 and 6 receiving TDs. Not great, but certainly again not average. Of course, you are also conveniently ignoring his almost 600 yards and 3TDs rushing his first three years. So, he has easily averaged over 1000 yards and around 7 TDs rushing/receiving his 3 fully healthy years. You may say that rushing doesn't count, but every touch he gets rushing is going to take an opportunity away from receiving.

I brought up the stats because that is what they are. I brought up rookie and second year numbers, because normally WRs improve every year early on and don't blossom year 1. Yes, he is in year 6, so he missed half a year in year 4 and all of year 5, what else can I use? In year 3, he finished WR8 in my PPR leagues and in year 4, he was top 3 when he got hurt. You continue to say he has never been a good WR, but in year 3 and 4, he was a top WR, period. Oh, and unlike the guys listed, he didn't have Romo or Stafford or Rivers or Ryan or Warner or even Dalton throwing to him, he had Christian effing Ponder throwing to him when he was a top WR for that year and a half before getting hurt.That said, did you know Calvin had 756 yards his rookie year and didn't get over 1000 in year 3? Dez Bryant had 561 yards his rookie year and didn't get over 1000 until his 3rd year. Brandon Marshall had 309 yards receiving his rookie year. Fitzgerald had 780 yards his rookie year and under 1000 again in his 3rd year. Only AJ Green has really been the exception to the rule and guess what, he is ridiculously good.

Never in six tries

He is 0-6

Harvin is 0-6

Yes, Brian freakin Hartline on the Miami Dolphins has broken 1000 yards as a number 2 WR with Ryan Tannehill as a QB.

I'll trade you Hartline for him then. And I'll throw in Washington.

Bump Geno Smith (LOL).

Remember when Randy Moss was traded mis-season and ended up playing 17 weeks? This is the opposite. Harvin had the Seahaks bye in week 4, Jets already played this week, then gets the Jets bye in week 11. Crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bump Geno Smith (LOL).

Remember when Randy Moss was traded mis-season and ended up playing 17 weeks? This is the opposite. Harvin had the Seahaks bye in week 4, presumably won't suit up for the Jets this weekend, then gets the Jets bye in week 11. Crazy.
Jets played yesterday

The Seahawks found out pretty quick this guy is a kick returner and not a WR and got more than he is worth in a mid round pick

TeeDub said:
VandyMan said:
Bump Geno Smith (LOL).

Remember when Randy Moss was traded mis-season and ended up playing 17 weeks? This is the opposite. Harvin had the Seahawks bye in week 4, presumably won't suit up for the Jets this weekend Jets already played this week, then gets the Jets bye in week 11. Crazy.
Jets played yesterday
Doh! Fixed.

Percy Harvin is average.

Never in six tries

He is 0-6

Harvin is 0-6

Your hate for Harvin is noted.

Look up Harvins PPG before he went to the Seahawks, a team that didnt know how to use him, he put up WR1 numbers with bad QBs.

Was that a lame attempt?

Last edited by a moderator:
Percy Harvin is average.

Never in six tries

He is 0-6

Harvin is 0-6

Look up Harvins PPG before he went to the Seahawks, a team that didnt know how to use him, he put up WR1 numbers with bad QBs.

Was that a lame attempt?
He had one good year in 2011. He's not exactly the standard bearer for WR1...

Percy Harvin is average.

Never in six tries

He is 0-6

Harvin is 0-6

Was that a lame attempt?
:rolleyes:

PPG for Dez Bryant by season

PPG for Percy Harvin in Minnesota by season

In my standard PPR he was 11th in PPG in 2011 with 15.94 and he was the #9 overall scoring WR. In 2012 he played 9 games and had a ppg of 18.6 which was 5th in the league.

In my standard PPR he was 11th in PPG in 2011 with 15.94 and he was the #9 overall scoring WR. In 2012 he played 9 games and had a ppg of 18.6 which was 5th in the league.
Also keep in mind that he got hurt in the first quarter of the 9th game when he had only 2 catches for 10 yards. Through the first eight games he was WR3.

Percy Harvin is average.

Never in six tries

He is 0-6

Harvin is 0-6

Was that a lame attempt?
:rolleyes:

PPG for Dez Bryant by season

PPG for Percy Harvin in Minnesota by season

How did he do last year and this year? What were his PPGs in relation to Dez? What were his Points per Games that Minnesota Played in 2012? He had a very nice 2011. It was very good.

How did he do last year and this year? What were his PPGs in relation to Dez? What were his Points per Games that Minnesota Played in 2012? He had a very nice 2011. It was very good.
He was the #2 WR in the first 8 games of 2012.

He was the #2 WR in the first 8 games of 2012.
How was he over the span of the 16 game season?
Exactly.

Percy Harvin has had one season as a top 20 WR.

Percy Harvin has 3 receiving TDs since 2011 and none since 2012.

Percy Harvin is currently WR 63 and isn't playing this week.

He is going to have to learn a new offense on a bad team so I would be surprised if he does anything rest of the season.

Here is an interesting question--who is the better player ROS--Cordarrelle or Percy? I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets force fed Percy--but I do wonder about the mental toughness of a guy that couldn't manage to fit in on a Super Bowl team with a legit QB under the helm that is now going to an anemic offense with a pretty horrid qb.

First of all, I don't want to bash these guys. The two players are often compared to each other and rightfully so. People keep wanting to put these guys into a category that isn't them. They aren't good receivers, they probably aren't even average. But athletically, anyone can see that they are special. Just being a special athlete does not make you great though as they really don't fit the mold of a normal position in the NFL. They aren't comfortable at playing WR, and it's obvious. So they are involved in the offense by getting handoffs and short screens, etc. I actually think this hurts an offense more than it helps the offense. These guys aren't deep threats to anybody. It allows the defense to get on the line of scrimmage and press because how often have you seen CP or Harvin jump up and haul in a ball 50 yards down the field over a safety? Zero. How many hard nosed slants across the middle have these guys taken for first downs knowing they are about the get their bell rung? Exactly. These guys should be thought of like D Hester and less like an elite WR. That's not to say they aren't talented, just not a talented WR.
yep their explosive fast guys that can't run routes or catch consistent... lmao sort of like an IT guy that is super smart but doesn't know computers. They will never be top 10 wrs even in ppr because of the lack of being able to play Wr... droppable in redraft formats

jvdesigns2002 said:
Here is an interesting question--who is the better player ROS--Cordarrelle or Percy? I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets force fed Percy--but I do wonder about the mental toughness of a guy that couldn't manage to fit in on a Super Bowl team with a legit QB under the helm that is now going to an anemic offense with a pretty horrid qb.
The ways Percy has been used haven't exactly been great-QB-dependent. :shrug:

And it isn't like Wilson was so prolific at stretching the field that it really loosened things up for Harvin's closer-in style of play. There were occasions where having a defense over-account for Wilson's legs left them open to misdirection stuff for Percy, but that's not really going to change with Geno or Vick.

Right now, the Jets need something to go right, and Harvin's got every reason to be a good soldier for a while. I think he ought to remain at least as productive as he has been, health permitting, and I think I'd take that over CP.

Seattle had a season-best 463 yards of offense at St. Louis, including three consecutive drives of 80 yards or more in the second half. And all without Percy Harvin.

Guy is a complete bum. Can't believe so many people bought his hype.
they can save $1.4M in cap money by cutting him - he has like $380K coming to him for workout bonuses and reporting to camp

his salary is 66th out of 167 WRs

he's a good returner so somebody will pick him up

they can save $1.4M in cap money by cutting him - he has like $380K coming to him for workout bonuses and reporting to camp

League minimum is 600 K. I wouldn't cut him unless someone can beat him out of the returner duties in training camp.

League minimum is 600 K. I wouldn't cut him unless someone can beat him out of the returner duties in training camp.
that might happen

especially if it's someone who might catch more than 2 passes in a season

Users who are viewing this thread