What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cutler broken thumb (1 Viewer)

Raiderfan32904

Footballguy
retweeted by Bloom according to some source.

Cutler suffers broken thumb on throwing hand Nov2011/20/2011 8:32:22 PM More Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler suffered a broken thumb on his throwing hand during Sunday's 31-20 victory over the San Diego Chargers, according to Vaughn McClure of the Chicago Tribune who cites a league source.It remains unclear how the quarterback suffered the injury or whether he might be sidelined and for how long.Cutler played through the injury and completed 18 of 31 passes for 286 yards and two touchdowns, with an interception.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ben's gonna play with a broken thumb on his throwing hand. Let's see if Cutler does likewise.

I suspect it's all about the ability to grip the ball, rather than a pain-tolerance issue.

@skjensen Sean Jensen

#Bears QB Jay Cutler did break thumb in his throwing hand. And while there will be more tests, there is a fear that it could end his season

Both ESPN Chicago and the Chicago Sun Times report that Jay Cutler's fractured right (throwing) thumb may end his season.

Per the Sun Times' Sean Jensen, "there is a fear" that Cutler may not play again this year, but "there will be more tests." ESPN Chicago's Mike Wright is "hearing" that there is "a chance" this could be it for Cutler's 2011 season. Wright also reports that Cutler will require surgery, so this is clearly a more significant thumb break than Ben Roethlisberger's. Caleb Hanie would take over as the Bears' starter, much to Mike Martz's chagrin.

BradBiggs Brad Biggs

#Bears QB Jay Cutler suffered broken right thumb at end of his interception when he was blocked to ground by #Chargers LB Donald Butler

mikecwright Michael C. Wright

They wanna do more tests. RT @1901Madison: @mikecwright so Cutler is 100% out for the rest of the regular season?

BradBiggs Brad Biggs

Jay Cutler will miss 6 to 8 weeks with broken thumb per @vxmcclure23 and that means Caleb Hanie's turn is coming starting Sunday

'Raider Nation said:
Ben's gonna play with a broken thumb on his throwing hand. Let's see if Cutler does likewise. I suspect it's all about the ability to grip the ball, rather than a pain-tolerance issue.
And also, it seems like Cutler's is more severe.A fracture can range from something as severe as a complete mid-bone fracture and dislocation to something as comparatively mild as chipping off of a corner of a bone. (I chipped off a corner of my index finger in high school and didn't even know it was broken for more than a year. Played a full season of basketball and baseball with it. Painful anytime I caught a ball directly on the finger but it just seemed like a classic "stoved" finger as we called it back then. Eventually, though, I needed surgery because the bone fragment was dead and my finger was swelling up nearly twice its normal size.)Ben sounds like he has a milder injury and it apparently can be kept in place with a tiny sleeve on it as he plays.

Being reported he will miss at least 6 weeks and season in jeopardy...

Last edited by a moderator:
Chicago at best was going to go on the road in round 1 of the playoffs as a wildcard against someone like New Orleans or NYG/Dallas, not sure they were going anywhere anyways.

Chicago at best was going to go on the road in round 1 of the playoffs as a wildcard against someone like New Orleans or NYG/Dallas, not sure they were going anywhere anyways.
Have you watched them play recently? Cutler has been nothing short of spectacular and the defense has been dominant.

Yeah, I'm really not sure why Bears fans aren't rejoicing that they've now been saved from such a fate.

This really sucks. The window isn't that big with the age of the defense and the contracts that need to get done. Remember Urlacher missed a year with a broken hand, and no one called him a #####. I'm surprisingly not terribly crushed though because I feel Cutler earned a lot of respect this season and got to shut up a number of his naysayers. I'm happy Jay is my QB.

Have you watched them play recently? Cutler has been nothing short of spectacular and the defense has been dominant.
Again, if they did win in the wildcard they would be going on the road in the divisional to play GB or SF a combined 19-1 right now. I stand by what I wrote.

Yeah, I'm really not sure why Bears fans aren't rejoicing that they've now been saved from such a fate.
They got beat pretty bad in New Orleans if you watched that game and Earl Bennett missed half the season because of that game. Maybe they could play strong against an NFC East opponent but again they would turn around to travel to GB or SF. I get what you are saying but they were not a Super Bowl team although I have been very impressed with their play lately. I have nothing against the Bears, fans, coaches, etc...

Again, if they did win in the wildcard they would be going on the road in the divisional to play GB or SF a combined 19-1 right now. I stand by what I wrote.
Would the Bears going on the road and beating the 49ers be that crazy? I don't think so.

I'm bettin Limp Ditka's ignore post is MOP related. Anyone want to tell me if I'm right. I thought FBG was sending stalkers on vacation.

Users who are viewing this thread