What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Daily League Thread (1 Viewer)

Gonna try to start checking in here. I've just started this year on Fanduel. From my bonus clearing I'm calculating I need to win above 53.33% to be profitable. I'm doing that, but not by a lot. My baseball track record in season long formats is pretty good, but when it comes to daily lineups that doesn't leave a lot of room for profit. I just don't know that I'll be able to consistently run 60% win percentage so just doing this now and then when the mood strikes. I don't see a lot of room for profit on this for anyone but Fanduel.
It's hard to consistently out run the juice, imo. But it's pretty damn fun trying.
Yeah. The radio guys have to be essentially not paying rake on their wins or something. With the steep rake on these games you just can't win consistently. Once my bonus is out at Fanduel I'll need to win greater than 5 times out of 9 to get any profit. If it were a draft or auction and a long season of managing my team I cash 60% or greater pretty consistently. On the daily format where prices adjust based on performance, that takes a lot of the edge away from knowing about prospects and projecting them over a season. It's all about one day matchups and that makes the variance pretty high and therefore tough to beat 5 out of 9 times when prices are adjusted daily.

Spitting in the jinx's face. This is my early lineup

Samardzjia

V Martinez

Rizzo

Kinsler

Beltre

D Worth (punt)

Rios

A Jackson

Choo

Running a late game 50/50 tonight:

Greinke (to work him in obviously had to dig deep on hitting)

W Ramos

I Davis

Beckham

Seager

Castro

Ellsbury

A Eaton

M Brantley

Greinke owned in 42.5% of the teams in the 50/50 it appears though so lots of lesser hitters being counted on.

I've lost my last 7 contests, and bled off $85 in the process. Probably shouldn't listen to me in the first place.

FWIW, rotowire has a pretty decent daily link.

They usually post a small snap shot of whos hot vs the pitcher, who's cold, etc....

Yesterday they alerts me to Kelly Johnson's 5 hr's and 1.25 ops vs Correia, so I started him in all my leagues on the cheap. Although he didn't have a great game, definitely did find some value.

Obviously sample size issues do pop up.

Today it looks like Billy Butler lights Buerhle up pretty well. And it should be all systems go for Blue Jays players (again).

Another thing I've realized, is that it's much the same people/lineups you are going against in these things - very similar to playing sng's online in poker back in the day, where I used to play decent volumes, and at least 3-4 players at the table would be playing against me in multiple sng's at once.

you either tend to win all of these things or lose them, no in betweens.

Yesterday early won 8 out of 8....but the standings were so eerily similar

12/40, 12/40, 12/40, 12/40, 14/40, 14/40 (these 6 were all the same stakes)

Not so sure I can find a system per se which will make these things very profitable against this heavy vig.

Only played 3 early ones today, not sure how much I trust this lineup:

Tomlin, McCann, freeman, Kipnis, Francisco, Ellsbury, Bautista, Bogaerts, Nelson Cruz

Like it, don't love it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Played two sets of lineups today, probably will crash and burn on all.

Looks like weather may be an issue in Pittsburgh and maybe Colorado. Really tough to avoid starting players at Coors, but with Kershaw on the mound and possible t-storms, not sure what to do.

took a major chance and avoided all rockies/dodgers/pirates/brewers. will either do well today or curse mother nature for the rest of the week

I haven't played in a month or so, which is strange because I was doing well and have lots of $ in my account.

Anyway, DraftKings bought DraftStreet today.

Gonna try to start checking in here. I've just started this year on Fanduel. From my bonus clearing I'm calculating I need to win above 53.33% to be profitable. I'm doing that, but not by a lot. My baseball track record in season long formats is pretty good, but when it comes to daily lineups that doesn't leave a lot of room for profit. I just don't know that I'll be able to consistently run 60% win percentage so just doing this now and then when the mood strikes. I don't see a lot of room for profit on this for anyone but Fanduel.
It's hard to consistently out run the juice, imo. But it's pretty damn fun trying.
Yeah. The radio guys have to be essentially not paying rake on their wins or something. With the steep rake on these games you just can't win consistently. Once my bonus is out at Fanduel I'll need to win greater than 5 times out of 9 to get any profit. If it were a draft or auction and a long season of managing my team I cash 60% or greater pretty consistently. On the daily format where prices adjust based on performance, that takes a lot of the edge away from knowing about prospects and projecting them over a season. It's all about one day matchups and that makes the variance pretty high and therefore tough to beat 5 out of 9 times when prices are adjusted daily.
I just discovered StatClash, which has only a 5% rake instead of 10% like pretty much everywhere else. That makes a huge difference in how big an edge you need to have - with the initial deposit matching bonus (paid out at 4%), you're profiting even if you win 51% of the time. Break even winning percentages are:

50.53% with 5% rake & 4% bonus

52.63% with 5% rake, no bonus

53.33% with 10% rake & 4% bonus

55.56% with 10% rake, no bonus

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread