What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Daily Trivia (1 Viewer)

ooofffaaa said:
What Hall of Famer played Right Field for the Yankees before Babe Ruth?
What do you mean by before? The year before they had a bunch of scrubs out there (except my man Ham Hyatt). Willie Keeler played RF but it was long before Ruth got to NY.

This piece of trivia is just too obscure.

The answer I was looking for is George Halas. Played 68 games for the Yankees in 1919 and had a .198 BA. And of course he's in the Football HOF. The .198 avg probably drove him to football.

This piece of trivia is just too obscure.The answer I was looking for is George Halas. Played 68 games for the Yankees in 1919 and had a .198 BA. And of course he's in the Football HOF. The .198 avg probably drove him to football.
Baseball is a lot harder than football...

This piece of trivia is just too obscure.The answer I was looking for is George Halas. Played 68 games for the Yankees in 1919 and had a .198 BA. And of course he's in the Football HOF. The .198 avg probably drove him to football.
That's a given - in real life and fantasy.
Yeah but we are just preaching to the choir... Can't convince most of the football fans here that baseball is tough...

I have him only playing six games in the field but he did play five in right. That's a great little trivia nugget. :popcorn:

That's a given - in real life and fantasy.
Yeah but we are just preaching to the choir... Can't convince most of the football fans here that baseball is tough...
I double dog dare anyone to tell me Fantasy Football is more challenging than Fantasy Baseball. It's not even close IMO.

Had this very discussion with some of my students today. They asked me and I said "baseball", and I'm a football coach. Football is harder to coach, but baseball is harder to play. Coaching baseball was a blast. So many things going on.

Where did these teams move from?

New York Yankees (bonus question: What was their name when they started playing in NY?)

Baltimore Orioles

Minnesota Twins

If you can answer the first one without looking call yourself an expert or a Yankees fan. The second is difficult, the third should be one most good fans should know.

Where did these teams move from?New York Yankees (bonus question: What was their name when they started playing in NY?)Baltimore OriolesMinnesota TwinsIf you can answer the first one without looking call yourself an expert or a Yankees fan. The second is difficult, the third should be one most good fans should know.
1. Baltimore Orioles (Highlanders)2. St Louis Browns3. Washington SenatorsWhat do I win?

Where did these teams move from?New York Yankees (bonus question: What was their name when they started playing in NY?)Baltimore OriolesMinnesota TwinsIf you can answer the first one without looking call yourself an expert or a Yankees fan. The second is difficult, the third should be one most good fans should know.
1. Baltimore Orioles (Highlanders)2. St Louis Browns3. Washington SenatorsWhat do I win?
Nerd license. :thumbup:

Nerd license. :nerd:
:thumbup: I already have one of those.

:thumbup: I already have one of those.
Funny thing is that I know you didn't look that stuff up. I wouldn't have had to either. :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
:homer: I already have one of those.
Funny thing is that I know you didn't look that stuff up. I wouldn't have had to either. :nerd:
:nerd: :no: :nerd:

Users who are viewing this thread