What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Darren Fells - TE - Arizona (1 Viewer)

Jed

Footballguy
Searched for a thread and couldn't find one yet.

I know Arians doesn't feature the TE, but this guy is a monster ex BB player and they sound fairly high on him. 4-82 and a TD last week.

Especially in TE 1.5 PPR any real value here?

I have no idea what to make of him or his situation...But I picked him up very cheap in my dynasty league as a what the heck stash. We will see if week 1 was the beginning of a trend or he is the Frisman Jackson of tight ends.

He's getting it done while Gresham gets healthy and gets accustomed to things. I say ride that train. Maybe Gresham will someday take that role but we'll know, it'll be obvious, so you might as well take the opportunity while you can. Who knows, maybe Fells will never give the spot up.

If you're a subscriber, I'd recommend the article on he and DeMarco Murray this week.

He looks large and fast and talented.

If you're a subscriber, I'd recommend the article on he and DeMarco Murray this week.

He looks large and fast and talented.
Haven't read the article YET (thanks for pointing it out), but the highlights were impressive. He is 2 things: huge and athletic.

Gresham is supposed to be active this week so Fells is not playable - but he could emerge as the starting TE and since Palmer has thrown to him in one game there is some hope that he and Arians might finally include the TE in the gameplan

Rotoworld lists Gresham as a starting TE, but then says in the blurb that he "played behind" Fells.

Fells outsnapped him 52-22 or 24 last week.

Is Gresham getting healthy and expected to reclaim a larger role once he gets healthy and learns the offense, or is he now a backup TE?

I'm curious, because Fells might wind up being my TE for the next few weeks until Gates comes off suspension (though that is also fraught with major problems now.)

The Cards signed Gresham and Fauria so they seemed to have something in mind. Fells didn't seem all that special vs the Saints fwiw, they threw all over especially in the first half.

The Cards signed Gresham and Fauria so they seemed to have something in mind. Fells didn't seem all that special vs the Saints fwiw, they threw all over especially in the first half.
Thanks. Helps to have somebody who watched the full game comment upon it.

That said, he's a pretty interesting story, at the least. I wasn't aware of his age nor journey. I've already tried hard to move Dwayne Allen to a team desperate at TE for a WR and will subsequently pick up Fells for the next few games. I'll do so again. I love good stories and actually cheering for the guys on my main team. He may indeed fade into obscurity and be a nonentity, but I'll take the chance and roll the dice here. I have lousy WRs.

Fells story synopsis: http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/179742/darren-fells-adjusting-to-newfound-attention

Gresham is supposed to be active this week so Fells is not playable - but he could emerge as the starting TE and since Palmer has thrown to him in one game there is some hope that he and Arians might finally include the TE in the gameplan
Gresham was active last week too.

Users who are viewing this thread