What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

David Garrard: (1 Viewer)

Faust

MVP
Rotoworld Update (David Garrard)

David Garrard: 'Not looking good' for Garrard to start

David Garrard - QB - JAC - Oct. 19 - 11:17 pm et

According to NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora, it's "not looking good" for David Garrard (concussion) to start this week at Kansas City.

Garrard has already been ruled out for Wednesday's practice, and the Jags are on a short week after playing on Monday Night Football. Trent Edwards is "in line" for the start, but he's dealing with a thumb injury of his own. Outside of a disappointing Maurice Jones-Drew, there's not a Jaguars player we'd feel comfortable starting in fantasy leagues this week.

Oct. 19 - 11:17 pm et

Jags planning to be without top two QBs

Trent Edwards: Jags planning to be without top two QBs

Trent Edwards - QB - JAC - Oct. 20 - 1:13 pm et

Coach Jack Del Rio confirmed Wednesday that the Jaguars are preparing to be without both Trent Edwards (thumb) and David Garrard (concussion) in Week 7.

Garrard almost certainly isn't going to play due to the NFL's concussion policy on a short week, and Edwards has a long history of recovering extremely slowly from every kind of injury you can imagine. Del Rio says he "hopes" one of them will be available against K.C., but Todd Bouman is likely to start.

Oct. 20 - 1:13 pm et

Big Bump up for the K.C. defense this week.

Jags to start Todd Bouman against the Chiefs?

According to Tania Ganguli of the Florida Times Union, Jaguars players have been talking like Todd Bouman is expected to start in Week 7.

David Garrard is dealing with a concussion, and Trent Edwards has a banged-up thumb. Patrick Ramsey was also brought in, but it will be Bouman who gets the nod if both Garrard and Edwards can't go. The 38-year-old hasn't thrown a pass in an NFL game since 2005. Make sure the Kansas City fantasy defense isn't left on waivers. They'll be a recommended Week 7 start.

Jags planning to be without top two QBs

Trent Edwards: Jags planning to be without top two QBs

Trent Edwards - QB - JAC - Oct. 20 - 1:13 pm et

Coach Jack Del Rio confirmed Wednesday that the Jaguars are preparing to be without both Trent Edwards (thumb) and David Garrard (concussion) in Week 7.

Garrard almost certainly isn't going to play due to the NFL's concussion policy on a short week, and Edwards has a long history of recovering extremely slowly from every kind of injury you can imagine. Del Rio says he "hopes" one of them will be available against K.C., but Todd Bouman is likely to start.

Oct. 20 - 1:13 pm et

Big Bump up for the K.C. defense this week.
This is what I heard. Bouman is going to start this week.
Todd time in Jacksonville?

7:56 AM ET Todd Bouman | Jaguars

Tuesday, the football world was captivated by the Jacksonville Jaguars' quarterback situation -- well, almost -- specifically the health of David Garrard, and whether he'd be able to start in Week 7. If his concussion prevented him from so doing, Trent Edwards appeared ready to slide in to that spot. As it turns out, Edwards may not be ready to go, either.

Jags coach Jack Del Rio appeared on Sirius NFL Radio Tuesday, informing host Pat Kirwan that the team was going to bring back Todd Bouman for another go-round, and that Bouman may well end up the starter when they face the Kansas City Chiefs this Sunday (H/T to Paul Kuharsky of ESPN's AFC South blog).

Kuharsky has a recommendation for the Jags on offense this week:

- Tim Kavanagh

Paul Kuharsky

Time to feed MJD

"With Bouman or Edwards, the Jaguars have to try to do more to establish Maurice Jones-Drew. Nine touches in the first half like he had against the Titans is probably not the route to success at a place like Arrowhead Stadium."

Oof. I can't wait for the "todd bouman vs a rubber chicken" thread that is sure to be created ala the todd collins thread two weeks ago. :bag:

I can't believe a team would roster Todd ####### Bouman over a young developmental QB. This thread is the epitome of Jack Del Rio's idiocy.

Mark Long of the AP reports via Twitter, that Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback David Garrard is resting at home again today. This will be the second straight day David Garrard will not be at the facility following the concussion he suffered in the second quarter of the game on Monday Night. He is expected to be re-evaluated tomorrow.
Either A) His concussion is very serious and they just want him resting

or

B) They can lose with him and they can lose without him - so take your time since you're not in our long-term plans anyway.

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2010/10/21/17...th-a-concussion

thats why when I looked in the newspaper and saw KC at home no line vs Jac with BOUMAN at qb I rushed to my betting site to put 200 dollars on KC but they left it off betting tab... they are sneaky... thats an easy one

thats why when I looked in the newspaper and saw KC at home no line vs Jac with BOUMAN at qb I rushed to my betting site to put 200 dollars on KC but they left it off betting tab... they are sneaky... thats an easy one
That's what NL (no line) means.

Users who are viewing this thread