What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

David Hawthorne (2 Viewers)

Is Hawthorne basically match-up resistant?
Considering he is far and away the #1 scoring defensive player on a ppg basis... yes.In my main league -- in his 6 games played he has 49 points. Good for 8.166 per game.

By way of comparison: Willis 6.75. Harrison/DHarris/Cushing 5.8. (DSharper 5.9 & JAllen 5.5).

And while I readily agree the more games he plays the more likely his stats get closer to the leagues baseline -- I dont see how you can pull him for any reason until he shows/proves he needs to be pulled.
with only 6 games left, i'll take my chances. its a terrible team. so he's going to be on the field - a lot. here's another question:

the seahawks said they will consider going to a 3-4 next year. how much of an impact would that have on his value next year? i'm thinking, if you are out of the race this year, he might be a good sell high guy.
The team actually said that or was it just one source?
The general manager noted that they'd consider inserting some 3-4 into the playbook as a way to get Hawthorne on the field next season. No guarantees that they'll use the 3-4 next season as a change of pace, much less install it as a regular defense. The personnel could be tweaked, but they'd need changes on the line and a better rush OLB than Curry or Hill. As always, things like this make the offseason more than half the fun in playing in a serious IDP league.

other starting LBers with the same or worse stat lines Sunday:

james harrison

michael boley

london fletcher

shaun phillips

demorrio williams

brian cushing

hunter hillemeyer

lawrence timmons

will witherspoon

aaron curry

andra davis

just to name a few. don't overreact. he was due for an off game.

I believe I read in another post, might have been the IDP Assistant Coach forum, that SF has not been a great matchup this year for MLBs. I didn't see the game though, so I'm not sure how he looked.

SF doesn't run the ball very much and Hawthorne was dropping into coverage a lot matched up with V. Davis. Hence the poor stat line.

Do we downgrade Hawthorne based on his upcoming schedule?Texans, Bucs and Packers aren't known for their run games.
i wish i would have. very average the last few weeks, but still solid. hopefully, he tackles chris johnson about 20 times following a 7-yard run next weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread