What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dear Virginia drivers, your car can go faster than 35 mph. (1 Viewer)

I’m sure it’s just because you’re so used to sitting in traffic all day and night but it’s true, your car can go faster than 35 mph.

Always in the left lane
Always going slow
Always in my #@&!?€#% way

MOOOOOOOOOVE!!!!!!!!!!!

-everyone
ALSO!

NOVA drivers, a red light means stop, not speed up and run through it.

I’ve lived here four years and have had to break my vehicle to avoid being hit (at least three times, including the worst one last week) or watched other cars break, swerve or be hit multiple times. I saw the second car through a green light almost get tagged by red light runner last week v also!

Lived outside Boston, in Cleveland and Columbus and never seen it this bad!

I love much about living in this area but hate the way people drive around here!

It's been a while since I was on 95 between DC and Baltimore. Dudes on crotch rockets going 125+ still a regular occurrence? They always come out of nowhere and scare the crap out of me.

It's been a while since I was on 95 between DC and Baltimore. Dudes on crotch rockets going 125+ still a regular occurrence? They always come out of nowhere and scare the crap out of me.
Every summer. They like the express lanes and toll roads. Sounds like formula 1 Friday and Saturday nights.

I used to drive from Ocean City MD over to DC and I remember the beltway being like a drag race too. I don't miss driving in DC traffic one bit.

:lmao:
Here in WV, at least from the beginning of the Turnpike all the way up to Wheeling and points west of I-79, our, Virginia drivers are fast.

What you're dealing with is all the displaced crappy drivers from Ohio. Yep, I said it. Come at me with your explanations why you hang out in my left lanes as if you've never seen hills before.

Also, for the record, don't ask me why, people from Michigan love driving on the WV Turnpike. Pretty much every time I use that road, I get someone from Michigan to follow me while we're doing 80-85 mph on 55-65 mph roads. :drive:
:banned:

Depends what part of Virginia.

In NoVa around the DC area, drivers are somewhat maniacs (or "normal" in NY parlance).

Head to central Virginia, however, and it's like the OP describes.

In NoVa around the DC area, drivers are somewhat maniacs (or "normal" in NY parlance).

In NoVa, it's almost impossible to speed for any decent stretch during the day because of the traffic volume.

I live in the western part of the state just off of I-81 and it's a whole different kind of mess out here. You have semis trying to pass each other going up long grades and blocking everything behind them (the biggest cause of accidents on 81 in my stretch of the Valley). You also have elderly snowbirds from Vermont trying to get to Florida and they will get in the hammer lane when they see a semi a mile ahead of them and want to pass them - of course, it takes them 10 miles to catch them, all while traffic is piling up behind them.

More than 10 mph over the speed limit is a felony in VA, by the way.

In NoVa, it's almost impossible to speed for any decent stretch during the day because of the traffic volume.

I live in the western part of the state just off of I-81 and it's a whole different kind of mess out here. You have semis trying to pass each other going up long grades and blocking everything behind them (the biggest cause of accidents on 81 in my stretch of the Valley). You also have elderly snowbirds from Vermont trying to get to Florida and they will get in the hammer lane when they see a semi a mile ahead of them and want to pass them - of course, it takes them 10 miles to catch them, all while traffic is piling up behind them.

Yeah, I've driven that stretch of I-81 many times through Pennsylvania and Virginia. The trucks definitely take over on those two lanes and clog up everything behind behind them.

I was thinking more in the smaller towns (e.g., Charlottesville), where people drive more slowly - not a bad thing at all, just not something folks from bigger cities are not used to.

Yeah, I've driven that stretch of I-81 many times through Pennsylvania and Virginia. The trucks definitely take over on those two lanes and clog up everything behind behind them.

I was thinking more in the smaller towns (e.g., Charlottesville), where people drive more slowly - not a bad thing at all, just not something folks from bigger cities are not used to.
Gotcha. My town is basically a Virginia version of Mayberry and pretty much everyone that lives here drives slowly (except school buses, which fly around with no concern for human, animal, or plant life). Blow the horn next time you pass exit 283.

My absolute most-hated piece of road in NoVa is I-395 coming out of D.C. across the Potomac into Virginia. It's like 9,000 lanes wide when you hit the VA side (near the Pentagon & ANC) and it turns into the Indy 500 with cars flying across 4 lanes of traffic because the damned exits are so close. I'll go US50 and sit in traffic before navigating that death trap anymore.

I don't miss driving in NOVA. I lived there till ~12 years ago or so and moved to NJ. NJ drivers have their own challenges we won't go in to, but honestly, it's a lot better than NOVA.

Tons of warehouses in eastern PA contribute to all the trucks on 81. Warehouses are in that area because it's within a 12 hour drive (or whatever the legal limits are put on truckers) of a really high percentage of the population.

Gotcha. My town is basically a Virginia version of Mayberry and pretty much everyone that lives here drives slowly (except school buses, which fly around with no concern for human, animal, or plant life). Blow the horn next time you pass exit 283.

My absolute most-hated piece of road in NoVa is I-395 coming out of D.C. across the Potomac into Virginia. It's like 9,000 lanes wide when you hit the VA side (near the Pentagon & ANC) and it turns into the Indy 500 with cars flying across 4 lanes of traffic because the damned exits are so close. I'll go US50 and sit in traffic before navigating that death trap anymore.
A little further north than I normally travel but not by much. I hit Harrisonburg a few times a month.

People here (Williamsburg) are complaining about all the accidents lately and people going too fast. :shrug: I was doing 80 in a 70 and realized I forgot my wallet so I slowed down. :mellow:

Users who are viewing this thread