What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Defensive Player Headsets (1 Viewer)

The Shizzle

Footballguy
This is a bit of an article from Reiss's Pieces (Boston.com).

Here is a clip from an article:

2) Defensive headsets a hot item. The combine kicks into gear Thursday but members of the competition committee met today to discuss their agenda for March's owners meetings. Colts president Bill Polian addressed reporters after the meeting and said a proposal to have a defensive player with a headset is clearly something that is being addressed.
A few questions:How do you guys feel about this?

Do you think it takes away any "natural" play-making ability of the players, causing them to rely on feeds, not instinct?

They didn't have headsets in oldtime, smashmouth football.

I'd like to see QB's call plays personally.

This is a bit of an article from Reiss's Pieces (Boston.com).

Here is a clip from an article:

2) Defensive headsets a hot item. The combine kicks into gear Thursday but members of the competition committee met today to discuss their agenda for March's owners meetings. Colts president Bill Polian addressed reporters after the meeting and said a proposal to have a defensive player with a headset is clearly something that is being addressed.
A few questions:How do you guys feel about this?

Do you think it takes away any "natural" play-making ability of the players, causing them to rely on feeds, not instinct?

They didn't have headsets in oldtime, smashmouth football.

I'd like to see QB's call plays personally.
I think they're proposing that the defensive captain has a headset that functions just like a QB's. It's on long enough to get a play called in then turned off with 15 seconds left on the playclock. I would assume that the idea is that it would eliminate "spying" on the other team's defensive calls.

I feel like adding defensive headsets would just leave one more thing for the Patriots to try and steal. Remove them both!

Users who are viewing this thread