What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Delhomme to put things together (1 Viewer)

Jambi

Footballguy
If you've got bye week problems pick him up. He can be trusted this week. He's going to put up some big numbers.

Big numbers = 5 int's and 3 fumbles

Jake Delhomme is a joke.

The only big number he SHOULD have is his number of handoffs to DWill and JStew.

Last edited by a moderator:
If John Fox lets Delhomme throw the ball on more than 35% of the offensive plays, I will drive to Charlotte and personally end his coaching career.

Are you also predicting "big numbers" for JaMarcus Russell this weekend, Jambi?

a week off will do wonders for this team.

Delhomme will be solid this week, and I'd bet D. Williams goes off, something to the tune of 25 carries, 121 yards, 2 td.

their bread-n-butter is the running game, with play-action passing...they have to get back to the strong running game they showed at the end of last season, and I think that all begins with week 5 :no:

or , if they keep losing, Fox is gone at season's end.

:lmao:

I'm saying that Smith, Williams, Delhomme are all great plays this weekend

I am on the Delhomme bandwagon as well this week. Got him for a #2 RB and Michael Vick......

After a solid BYE week, I see he and Steve Smith getting back on track. I also see the same for you Roddy White/Ryan owners this week.

Ripleys said:
ummm, Panthers are playing the Skins this weekend. Its very possible Delhomme could have a good game.
The defense is a pretty small part of the problems the 'skins are having. I wuoldn't put it out of the realm of possibilities that he has a very average game, but I wouldn't look for any kind of breakout, slumpbuster, make people forget all about the INT's type of game. Plus Blache realized last week that it might be a good idea to try and put pressure on the QB by actually blitzing, so who knows what he's going to do this week. If he goes back to the way he was playcalling before the Bucs game, Delhomme might have a solid game.

I wouldn't pick up Delhomme under any circumstances, but I would pick up the Panthers D. The Redskins offense has not scored more than 17 pts all year...they are the worst 2-2 team in football barely beating the Rams and Bucs at home, and losing to Detroit. Campbell had 4-5 turnovers last week alone, and Zorn is on the hot seat. Panthers coming off a bye, I expect a good outing from their defense, which has had bad matchups so far which the offense has screwed up. Panthers want that first win bad.

Jambi said:
Why is every post in this thread edited?
Why do u ask? Do you suspect they spelled a word wrong and corrected it? Maybe used improper English and corrected it?That would be f***up! and you would definitely have owned us.

Jambi said:
Why is every post in this thread edited?
Why do u ask? Do you suspect they spelled a word wrong and corrected it? Maybe used improper English and corrected it?That would be f***up! and you would definitely have owned us.
That's a good point. Why does it even have to tell you that a post has been edited? Who cares?

My money league I have a brutal week with Brees, Jennings, and Colston all on bye. The guy im facing is at full strength and he has Deangelo Williams and Steve Smith Carolina. I could pick up guys like Trent Edwards, Shaun Hill, Mark Sanchez, etc. But I am throwing the hail mary and going with JAKE DELHOMME! Am I crazy?!? It is my only chance, I figure if his top WR and top RB have big games so will my QB. It is my nuetralization strategy! I just made the move! I am scared! This is going to be fun!

Jambi said:
Any believers?
You would probably find a lot more 'believers' if you actually included anything resembling the reasons you think this week will be different. The board is full of posters that want to have their called shot. So give me a reason to believe :thumbup:

Am I the only one who read the thread title and reached the only rationale conclusion: that Jake Delhomme recently went to IKEA?

Jambi said:
Any believers?
You would probably find a lot more 'believers' if you actually included anything resembling the reasons you think this week will be different. The board is full of posters that want to have their called shot. So give me a reason to believe :)
Pretty sure it's in the cards this week. I'm not worried about called shots. I'm just passing along the sneaky play of the week. Now I wouldn't go starting him over Manning or anything but he will finish with top 10 numbers this week. Possibly top 5.Delhomme + Big Numbers = ;) + :drive:

Jambi said:
Any believers?
You would probably find a lot more 'believers' if you actually included anything resembling the reasons you think this week will be different. The board is full of posters that want to have their called shot. So give me a reason to believe :)
Pretty sure it's in the cards this week. I'm not worried about called shots. I'm just passing along the sneaky play of the week. Now I wouldn't go starting him over Manning or anything but he will finish with top 10 numbers this week. Possibly top 5.Delhomme + Big Numbers = :shrug: + :lmao:
I reluctantly admit I'm leaning to starting Delhomme this week. Our flex can be a QB and I'm weak there beyond Brees, who is off. I'm probably playing Delhomme over Josh Johnson, which is saying very little.

I too was thinking Jake could have a good game vs. the Skins.

But then after thinking about it some more I traded SSnith (car) for Jennings.

Delhomme was declining in the last quarter of last season and now he's declining further.

Watching the games: Something's up; he's not the same. he never used to make mistakes like this, he was a smart QB who played largely mistake free ball. Not anymore on the last part.

+ The Skins have the 3rd best pass defense (right?) and 5th best scoring defense (right?). So even though the Skins stink they still haven't been allowing a lot of points, even if it is against their weak schedule. And the Skins need this game also.

Plus, did you notice the Cowboys should have been a great matchup too? They even gave up passing yards and a big play to the Broncos, and they've been busted up in the pass game by everyone else.

Moose has 14 catches, SSmith 15. Yet SSmith has a ton of targets, near tops in the league. What's going on there? QB play and secondary double teaming without fear, I think.

In the last 12 games SSmith has 2 TD's. 2. That's Delhomme's bread and butter.

If Carolina gets going again, it will be because Fox goes back to the running game.

Watching the games: Something's up; he's not the same. he never used to make mistakes like this, he was a smart QB who played largely mistake free ball. Not anymore on the last part.
I've seen all the Carolina games this year, and other than game 1, Delhomme has not looked bad. He threw one interception in the Atlanta game, and that was near the end of the game when they were in a hurry to try to catch up. The defense let them down in that game. In the Cowboys game, Delhomme threw 2 interceptions, one was not his fault and he looked great on the two minute drill before halftime. Delhomme has always been a gunslinger, and he said this week that they are not going to stop throwing long ones down the field, and the reason he threw two long ones to Muhammad in the Cowboys game (one was a TD called back from Muhammad pushing off), is because Smith has been double and tripled teamed.

I've seen all the Carolina games this year, and other than game 1, Delhomme has not looked bad. He threw one interception in the Atlanta game, and that was near the end of the game when they were in a hurry to try to catch up. The defense let them down in that game. In the Cowboys game, Delhomme threw 2 interceptions, one was not his fault and he looked great on the two minute drill before halftime. Delhomme has always been a gunslinger, and he said this week that they are not going to stop throwing long ones down the field, and the reason he threw two long ones to Muhammad in the Cowboys game (one was a TD called back from Muhammad pushing off), is because Smith has been double and tripled teamed.
Question:What are Delhomme's stats - compl. %, TD's, sacks, INT's, fumbles lost - in the last 4 games, including the last playoff game?Anyone?

No guts no glory. If you need a bye week filler this is the week to run Jake Delhomme. Your leaguemates will laugh at u when you add him and plug him into the starting line up but when he drops 300 yards and 4TD's everybody is going to think you're a friggin genious and it will be so worth it. This is the week my friends.

No guts no glory. If you need a bye week filler this is the week to run Jake Delhomme. Your leaguemates will laugh at u when you add him and plug him into the starting line up but when he drops 300 yards and 4TD's everybody is going to think you're a friggin genious and it will be so worth it. This is the week my friends.
I've been a fan of Delhomme's but he hasn't had more than 2 TDs in a game in two years and he has yet to throw more than 1 TD in a game this season. I'm not sure he's going to drop 300/4 on the Redskins or any team this season. The only way I can see Delhomme being started this season is in a Start-2 QB league. And even there, it's best to lower your expectations for him. I think if he can get you 200/1, he'll have done well. Anything beyond that is a bonus. The problem is there's a very real chance he won't even reach that pedestrian total.

Trent Edwards is totally lame. Starting him is such a booorrre. Show some balls and play Delhomme, that's a way cooler move.

+ The Skins have the 3rd best pass defense (right?) and 5th best scoring defense (right?). So even though the Skins stink they still haven't been allowing a lot of points, even if it is against their weak schedule. And the Skins need this game also.
Don't put too much stock in defensive rankings when they've played such offensive powerhouses like STL, TB, and DET. Week 1 the NYG didn't need to do much on offense because their defense was dominating them.

Don't put too much stock in defensive rankings when they've played such offensive powerhouses like STL, TB, and DET. Week 1 the NYG didn't need to do much on offense because their defense was dominating them.
Well, I agree with that, but:- Performance is performance, WAS for all the criticism about them has been good on defense. Can't ignore it either. Denver's D supposedly had faced an overly weak schedule too going into last week.- Carolina's no powerhouse themselves these days: 25th in off. ypg; 23rd pass ypg; 29th in off. ppg. 2 TD's passing, 29th or tied 2nd to last.You know what really got me in that Carolina / Dallas game? Near the goalline Jake going for Rosario twice. Not DeAng, not Stew, not SSmith. The Carolina fan above (different post) may disagree but I've seen him play and have been a fan since he was a Saint and Delhomme really hasn't looked the same; maybe he turns that around or maybe I'm wrong, I don't know, but that's my take.

Update here?

With the way the Cardinals defense has played the last 2 weeks, I think this is the end of the Delhomme era in Carolina this week. Maybe he'll even top the # of picks he threw vs. the Cards in the playoffs last year this week...

Users who are viewing this thread