What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Demarcus Ware (1 Viewer)

Bwana

Footballguy
I am in a keeper IDP league on espn.com which lists players according to what nfl.com says.

In previous years, D Ware has been listed as both an LB and DL, making him GOLD for me as a DL.

He plays 90%+ of the time on the line, but ESPN has decided to list him as just an LB this year. This kills me and forces me to keep him off my keeper list.

Why would nfl.com change his position to LB when he obviously is more of a DL?

Thanks,

Charlie

I am in a keeper IDP league on espn.com which lists players according to what nfl.com says.

In previous years, D Ware has been listed as both an LB and DL, making him GOLD for me as a DL.

He plays 90%+ of the time on the line, but ESPN has decided to list him as just an LB this year. This kills me and forces me to keep him off my keeper list.

Thanks,

Charlie
The Cowboys run a 3-4. He is a 3-4 OLB. You were lucky to have him that long as a DE.

Thanks,

Charlie
The Cowboys run a 3-4. He is a 3-4 OLB. You were lucky to have him that long as a DE.
Still sucks as they don't really play the 3-4. Its a 4-3 with Ware on the line, but, I am thankful to have had him as a DE. I just wish nfl.com would consider where he really plays. He definitely plays as a DE not an OLB.Thanks for the info. Hopefully, I can get nfl.com to list him as what he really is, a DE.

Thanks,

Charlie
Still sucks as they don't really play the 3-4. Its a 4-3 with Ware on the line, but, I am thankful to have had him as a DE. I just wish nfl.com would consider where he really plays. He definitely plays as a DE not an OLB.Thanks for the info. Hopefully, I can get nfl.com to list him as what he really is, a DE.
Most would disagree that the Cowboys play a 4-3. There's some semantics involved, as Ware is technically on the line of scrimmage often. But, aside from the nickel snaps, Ware plays in a two point stance and is considered a linebacker in the base defense. The defense has been some version of the 3-4 since Ware entered the league. I agree with massraider; he really shouldn't have been listed at DL at any point in his career.

Users who are viewing this thread