What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Derrick Johnson ankle injury. (1 Viewer)

Tom Cody

Footballguy
What will the Chiefs do to make up for the loss of Johnson if it's for a significant amount of time? Is it Siler time?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sheesh.

My link

Chiefs' Derrick Johnson Has Ankle Injury; 'Could Be Significant'

Jeff Curry-US PRESSWIRE -

Our worst fears about the fourth preseason game could be realized. The KC Star's Adam Teicher reports Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Derrick Johnson has an ankle injury that "could be significant."

That's not good. That's really not good. That he "could" have a major injury suggests there's a reason to believe he does have a major injury.

DJ hasn't missed a game for the Chiefs in two years. He's the best inside linebacker on the Chiefs and one of the better ones in the league. Losing him for any amount of time would be a huge blow to the Chiefs defense, especially in Week 1 when Tamba Hali is already out.

I'm nervous about this one, folks. Let's hope good news is coming soon.

Terrible news. What was a 30 year old All Pro Linebacker doing in the final preseason game anyways?

Last edited by a moderator:
Terrible news. What was a 30 year old All Pro Linebacker doing in the final preseason game anyways?
:goodposting: I said the same thing. I also asked wtf was Rodgers doing in the game, you can't tell me 2 series is what he needed to be ready for the start of the regular season. I will NEVER understand NFL coaches. This is exactly why Belichick is a genius, he would never do that crap.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/8/31/3282011/kansas-city-chiefs-injury-derrick-johnson

12 hours later and there's not much more clarity on the injuries to Kansas City Chiefs' Derrick Johnson and Brady Quinn. The KC Star's Adam Teicher reported on Twitter last night after the game that DJ's ankle injury and Quinn's neck injury could be "significant". That information was not in the paper this morning (as far as I could tell).

This is what Romeo Crennel said about injuries after the game:

"We got a couple ankles. I think Derrick twisted his ankle. Tyson twisted his ankle. Tanney jammed his finger. Quinn jammed his neck, had neck spasms after he tried to be a running back. Nothing major that I've heard of."

Romeo's fairly transparent about injuries in his time in KC. He doesn't seem to mess around with the secretive stuff like Todd Haley used to do. Normally a head coach talking about an injury wouldn't necessarily mean much because they have incentive to avoid the truth but based on Romeo's history his talk of "nothing major" is credible.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/8/31/3282011/kansas-city-chiefs-injury-derrick-johnson12 hours later and there's not much more clarity on the injuries to Kansas City Chiefs' Derrick Johnson and Brady Quinn. The KC Star's Adam Teicher reported on Twitter last night after the game that DJ's ankle injury and Quinn's neck injury could be "significant". That information was not in the paper this morning (as far as I could tell).This is what Romeo Crennel said about injuries after the game:"We got a couple ankles. I think Derrick twisted his ankle. Tyson twisted his ankle. Tanney jammed his finger. Quinn jammed his neck, had neck spasms after he tried to be a running back. Nothing major that I've heard of."Romeo's fairly transparent about injuries in his time in KC. He doesn't seem to mess around with the secretive stuff like Todd Haley used to do. Normally a head coach talking about an injury wouldn't necessarily mean much because they have incentive to avoid the truth but based on Romeo's history his talk of "nothing major" is credible.
:goodposting: Good point MR.

Any other info about johnson espn doesnt even have him as injured, and does belcher take his spot or siler? Help jene

I'm not doctor. I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. But, it amazes me that a beat writer can make a statement like that on twitter and creates unnecessary concern. If it was a broken ankle, we would have heard something last night. If it was ligament damage, we would have heard something this evening.

The fact that nothing is said, leads me to believe that there is nothing to say about the situation. Teicher should have done the same.

I will have to agree since there have been no reports on the ankle i heard a twisted ankle. If he misses a week or so thats fine better healthy then out for a while.

I already lost Bishop. I hope Johnson's not lost too. :bag:

I haven't heard anything on Johnson, yet. I'm starting to think it's minor or we'd have an update by now. I hope...

Couldn't see the exact mechanism, but it did not look too bad on the field. However, Johnson really wanted out of the game after the next play. Hard to know if Crennel was downplaying things yesterday or telling the truth when he suggested the injury was minor.

Think we'll find out pretty quickly this week.

Imagine how close KC could have kept the game if Johnson had TWO ankles. Hey, at least Michael Turner still couldn't outrun him.

Any update on his status for today?
Per ROTO:Johnson is listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the Ravens after being limited in practice on Friday, the Chiefs' official site reports.Spin: Johnson had not practiced all week so it is a good sign he was at least able to participate some on Friday. Keep an eye on him as Sunday approaches to verify his Week 5 status, as he is a solid IDP linebacking option, averaging eight tackles a game to date.

Chiefs ILB Derrick Johnson (groin) is active for Sunday's Week 5 game against the Ravens.

Johnson may be operating at less than 100 percent, but he's safe to use in IDP circles. Through four games this year, Johnson has totaled 32 tackles and one sack.

Users who are viewing this thread