What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Desert Island Album Draft - 15th Anniversary Edition - 50 Rounds in the books, sign up now for KP's listening program (1 Viewer)

Can we make a pact that, during the next draft, no drafter is allowed in the PSF?

Tim's sports draft got decimated, too. Hell, tim himself got nuked twice :lol:
hey man ...all I know is the more I listen ...the less I hear man

I feel like all should one ...but it's not coming together for me man

NV's friend was talking about the first half of 2020 song draft starting after the 4th of July. 
Can you make it a fast one for those of us who don’t have the ability to contribute there? :(

Last edited by a moderator:
zamboni said:
Can you make it a fast one for those of us who don’t have the ability to contribute there? :(
Yeah, even if it was a 3 round draft I'd have to pass. I've probably listened to less than 10 albums that came out since 2000 let alone the last 6 months :bag:

The current year song drafts are usually small cultish affairs.  I think last year there was no draft order from the get go.

There's no reason we couldn't run the mid-year 2020 draft within a larger, more general draft thread.  The drafters would be a subset anyway and it might expose some of the new stuff to a slightly larger audience.

and also :tfp:

I would be in for a 2020 song draft thread. I could probably go at least 10 deep or so before doubling up on artists

The current year song drafts are usually small cultish affairs.  I think last year there was no draft order from the get go.

There's no reason we couldn't run the mid-year 2020 draft within a larger, more general draft thread.  The drafters would be a subset anyway and it might expose some of the new stuff to a slightly larger audience.

Yep 2020 mid year will be one per day or two per day no clock. We usually get 8-10 people but who knows who is still here. I know I'm down to my last friend.

Uruk-Hai said:
Can we make a pact that, during the next draft, no drafter is allowed in the PSF?

Tim's sports draft got decimated, too. Hell, tim himself got nuked twice :lol:
NV was fine while the draft was ongoing :kicksrock:

:excited:

If we can pull that off, sounds like a good plan.

Would a pandemic/quarantine themed draft be too offensive? Could draft artists(the Cure,Dr John) or songs(Creeping Death,Fever) that are medical or illness related. Can expand it to things people did while quarantined(Fixing a Hole,Men at Work) and also include songs whose lyrics fit the topics.

Would a pandemic/quarantine themed draft be too offensive? Could draft artists(the Cure,Dr John) or songs(Creeping Death,Fever) that are medical or illness related. Can expand it to things people did while quarantined(Fixing a Hole,Men at Work) and also include songs whose lyrics fit the topics.
Very interesting idea, but given the other stuff that seems to be axed these days, I can't imagine this would fly very long.

I'm watching season 1 of Top Chef.  It has a low-budget quirkiness about it that's like the Sun Sessions compared to the current product's luxurious Vegas jumpsuit.

Down a rabbithole that had nothing to do with The Verve tonight, nevertheless I came across this version of "The Drugs Don't Work," which I chose for my island, and I'm just about to die over it.

Someone start up a draft or I'll just keep posting random #### here.

Thinking I'm gonna build a ramshackle lifeboat and use a tree branch to oar myself to semicivilization and snag the new Hum album I've been playing pretty much nonstop for the past week for my island. Maybe get a bag of chips too. You guys needs anything while I'm island hopping?

Has a Desert island Song draft been done before?
Too soon, but a Desert island "Artist" Draft would be interesting.  You get everything that that artist did.  But Paul McCartney and The Beatles are separate artists.

Last night around 11:05 pm, I went outside to lock the doors to the shop that is attached to the carport. I walked inside and moved a plant I bring in at night, and I heard a sniffing sound behind me. I turned and looked, and a raccoon had followed me in. I grabbed a camping chair that was in a bag, and guided it out with that. It was Mother Mange. She is a mother raccoon who was nursing, but is bringing her babies around lately. She was alone at this time. She is kinda mangy looking so I call her Mother Mange. She doesn't have mange, but her tail isn't fluffy like other raccoons. 

I noticed at the colony tonight that there are two foxes that eat with the cats. I knew there was one, but it appears there are two. There are two raccoons out there too. Hopefully they all keep the peace. A bunch of raccoon hair was all over the place the other night when I was out there.

Lastly, I accidentally drugged my cat, Cole, a couple days ago. He had a hot spot on him, so I was going to give him half a zyrtec to help with the itching. I had a half of one on a shelf, but there was also half of a xanax up there too. I wasn't wearing my glasses and accidentally gave him the xanax. I realized what I had done when I noticed he was walking wobbly about an hour 1/2 later. It seemed like he was coming off anesthesia. I went to the shelf to see if the xanax was there, and it wasn't, but the half a zyrtec was. 😮. He seemed to enjoy the trip, but I still felt bad about it. I figured he would be ok since I had a cat in the past that was prescribed valium once after a surgery. 

50 songs

One song per year from the beginning of recorded music to the current year.  If you don't know 21st Century music, you can opt for 1950-1999.   Date ranges do not have to be contiguous.

No doubling up on years EXCEPT we'll roll dice at round 25 to allow between three and seven tokens which may be used to draft a second song from any year.

Themes optional.  Your jukebox can be located in a bar or your basement.  You can create as much backstory for your venue as you like.

No restrictions on artists or songs drafted previously

No song over six minutes in length since the jukebox plays 7 inch singles.  I know Hey Jude was over seven minutes but a 45 rpm record loses fidelity when you go over six minutes.

If you draft a song, you get exclusive rights to its original B-side. 

Users who are viewing this thread