What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Deuce McAllister Re-signs with Saints (1 Viewer)

tipsy mcstagger

Footballguy
News conference at 1.

Already started the debate with some friends.....how will he impact the game(s).

1. His emotional impact on the fans and teammates being in uniform alone will be a huge boost.

2. He has always been an huge impact player in short yardage situations for the Saints....something we are currently a little weak on.

3. A full year to recover from his injuries and hopefully working out daily. Should be the freshest guy out there.

4. I just changed my kids middle names to Duece & McAllister. I love this move.

Last edited by a moderator:
Woah... as a fan, I love it. If he comes in for just one play, the dome will blow up.

Already scheduled to wear my 26 tomorrow :goodposting:

Will he really play? Really?
I would put big money on it. At least some time anyway. Will he get 20 carries. No. I'm hoping to see him on every short yardage situation.....even if he doesn't touch the ball. He could be a huge distraction for the defense allowing our other weapons to flourish even more.

Will he really play? Really?
Chris McAllister and Mike Mckenzie played against NE just being picked up off the street. However, injuries played a huge part there. I wonder if the emotional high the team received on that Monday night is a part of why they are bringing Deuce back. I doubt he sees anything but a 2nd and 1 or GL carry. A GL carry that results in a TD will light up this crowd.

He could be a huge distraction for the defense...
Doubtful.
3rd and one. Deuce and Bush in the backfield. Bush goes in motion. Ball is snapped. Brees goes play action and quickly looks for Mecham streaking downfield. Colston, Shockey, Henderson all run routes freeing up certian areas of the short and medium range. Bush is streaking across the middle. Brees throws to whom? Deuce in the flat.Defend that. Better yet....just hand him the ball and let him pound that soft AZ D-Line.

Doubtful.
3rd and one. Duece and Bush in the backfield. Bush goes in motion. Ball is snapped. Brees goes play action and quickly looks for Mecham streaking downfield. Colston, Shockey, Henderson all run routes freeing up certian areas of the short and medium range. Bush is streaking across the middle. Brees throws to whom? Duece in the flat.Defend that. Better yet....just hand him the ball and let him pound that soft AZ D-Line.
12 guys on offense would be pretty hard to defend.

Doubtful.
3rd and one. Duece and Bush in the backfield. Bush goes in motion. Ball is snapped. Brees goes play action and quickly looks for Mecham streaking downfield. Colston, Shockey, Henderson all run routes freeing up certian areas of the short and medium range. Bush is streaking across the middle. Brees throws to whom? Duece in the flat.Defend that. Better yet....just hand him the ball and let him pound that soft AZ D-Line.
:shrug:

Doubtful.
3rd and one. Duece and Bush in the backfield. Bush goes in motion. Ball is snapped. Brees goes play action and quickly looks for Mecham streaking downfield. Colston, Shockey, Henderson all run routes freeing up certian areas of the short and medium range. Bush is streaking across the middle. Brees throws to whom? Duece in the flat.
...who then is tackled from behind by a 300-pound lineman. I can't imagine he brings something more to the table than the stable of running backs NO already has. The guy just turned 32.

Doubtful.
3rd and one. Duece and Bush in the backfield. Bush goes in motion. Ball is snapped. Brees goes play action and quickly looks for Mecham streaking downfield. Colston, Shockey, Henderson all run routes freeing up certian areas of the short and medium range. Bush is streaking across the middle. Brees throws to whom? Duece in the flat.
...who then is tackled from behind by a 300-pound lineman. I can't imagine he brings something more to the table than the stable of running backs NO already has. The guy just turned 32.
Because he just had a year+ to rest and heal these legs.

Is Mike Bell hurt? Or are all the Saints fans just throwing him in the trash?
He has been dinged, but should play.Rodney Leisle was placed on IR, so a spot was available. I think it's a nice move to reinvigorate a fan base that's been a bit lethargic leading up to this.

Duece was always good at blitz pickup, no? Could be a factor.
Excatly. I think this is more for next week against Ware or Allen. I doubt be plays this week, but they decided to sign him today for the boost. Not that I imagine Saints fans needing it.

Pretty sad when a city that has the #1 seed in the NFC needs to sign a washed up 32 yr old RB for an emotional boost.

No way he plays tomorrow. And for you guys that played footbal, even high school know this. You cant just go out and play a game without any practice. And by practice, and I mean contact. I remember my senior year in highschool I seperated my shoulder before 2 a days, so I got no contact practice. When our season started I played, and ended up getting a concussion, because of not being use to being hit in the head for a long time. I really dont see how someone who hasnt been hit in over a year will be able to play in a NFL game. Just my :rolleyes:

he'll be inactive for tomorrow's game, but as an honorary captain, he will lead the team out of the tunnel and go to midfield for the coin toss. the Dome will be in a frenzy as soon as he runs out of the tunnel.

I love the move.

I cant believe people thing the Saints signed this guy to play, cuz after all they struggled without him! :shrug:

Ploy before retirement!

Pretty sad when a city that has the #1 seed in the NFC needs to sign a washed up 32 yr old RB for an emotional boost.
What time are the Eagles playing this weekend?
Look, I get that JetMaxx's team got smashed in the playoffs, but that isn't a response to what he said. Really-- it is a little weird that the supposed conference favorite needs gimmicks to get up for the game. They limped into the playoffs. This is the kind of stuff I'd expect the Jets to do, since they 'weren't supposed to be there" and had a rookie QB, etc. No offense to the Jets, of course. Maybe NO is still going through that "lift the spirits of the city" thing. The rest of us don't think about NO as much but they still have a lot or rebuilding to do. Okay, maybe I've talked myself out of my own argument. Maybe this is a big deal to the city and bringing back #26 is another lift they could use. But Arizona isn't trying to carry the burden of a city on their shoulders. They want to return to the Super Bowl. I wonder if the Saints are focusing on sizzle while their opponent focuses on steak. I don't think a playoff-experienced team would do stuff like that. But maybe there's a greater good.

This organization has won 2 playoff games in its 43 year existence. I won't fault them for any gimmick they can think of to possibly increase the home field edge.

What time are the Eagles playing this weekend?
Look, I get that JetMaxx's team got smashed in the playoffs, but that isn't a response to what he said. Really-- it is a little weird that the supposed conference favorite needs gimmicks to get up for the game. They limped into the playoffs. This is the kind of stuff I'd expect the Jets to do, since they 'weren't supposed to be there" and had a rookie QB, etc. No offense to the Jets, of course.
They don't "need" to do ####. And if you think the Saints are the supposed conference favorite, you apparently haven't been watching ESPN, reading blogs, or in general paying any attention to the sporting world consciousness over the last week.
Maybe NO is still going through that "lift the spirits of the city" thing. The rest of us don't think about NO as much but they still have a lot or rebuilding to do.

Okay, maybe I've talked myself out of my own argument. Maybe this is a big deal to the city and bringing back #26 is another lift they could use. But Arizona isn't trying to carry the burden of a city on their shoulders. They want to return to the Super Bowl. I wonder if the Saints are focusing on sizzle while their opponent focuses on steak.
Clearly you don't. This is a franchise with a grand total of ZERO hall-of-famers. There is absolutely no precedence for confidence among this fan base. We are fragile and we admit it freely.
I don't think a playoff-experienced team would do stuff like that. But maybe there's a greater good.
There are many, many pieces still in place from the 2006 NFC title game.

Doubtful.
:)
:thumbup: I thought you had more than eleven out there lol its all good i'd be pumped up too

Clearly you don't. This is a franchise with a grand total of ZERO hall-of-famers. There is absolutely no precedence for confidence among this fan base. We are fragile and we admit it freely.

Seriously i never thought about that zero hall of famers is pretty pathetic my god saints, at least you got an almost guarantee in brees. Not one ever I can't get over it lol

Clearly you don't. This is a franchise with a grand total of ZERO hall-of-famers. There is absolutely no precedence for confidence among this fan base. We are fragile and we admit it freely.Seriously i never thought about that zero hall of famers is pretty pathetic my god saints, at least you got an almost guarantee in brees. Not one ever I can't get over it lol
Rickey keeps getting snubbed. Least Morten'll get in there one day.

Clearly you don't. This is a franchise with a grand total of ZERO hall-of-famers. There is absolutely no precedence for confidence among this fan base. We are fragile and we admit it freely.Seriously i never thought about that zero hall of famers is pretty pathetic my god saints, at least you got an almost guarantee in brees. Not one ever I can't get over it lol
Rickey keeps getting snubbed. Least Morten'll get in there one day.
I looked at rickey's career and wow he has been getting snubbed, morten will take awhile cause of being a kicker and all but his points will get him there for sure

Duece was always good at blitz pickup, no? Could be a factor.
Excatly. I think this is more for next week against Ware or Allen. I doubt be plays this week, but they decided to sign him today for the boost. Not that I imagine Saints fans needing it.
:yawn:
Well ESPN reported earlier that he would be active. You have to say he is a better option in pass protection then what the Saints currently have. Even at 50%.

Archie is a college hall of famer :clyde:

Users who are viewing this thread