What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Did NASA land men on the moon? (1 Viewer)

Did NASA land men on the moon?

• Yes, more than once.

Votes: 210 83.0%
  • No, it was all a hoax. the moon is just too far

Votes: 13 5.1%
  • Can't ever know for sure

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • Yes once but all the other landings we faked.

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Yes, but all the footage we watched was fake.

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • No, I just don't believe it happened

Votes: 13 5.1%

• Total voters
Just wondering were the rover is on the moon. The hubble should be able to take a picture of what the astronauts left behind. How come we have yet to see a picture? Just want someone to explain this.
There actually is a picture. Hubble isn't capable though. Orbiting satellites can even see the rover tracks. It's pretty cool.

It wouldn't surprise me at all that the government had a fake lunar landing set just in case they wanted to hid the actual footage of what the astronauts actaully filmed. Imagine they find something they dont want the public to see. They couldn't deny landing there so they had a backup set filmed just in case they had toshow some footage of a lunar landing without showing the world the real thing. Since they only found moon dust, rocks and crap it was fine to just show the real footage. NASA builds backups to their backups and it makes sense t have some mundane moon footage in case they found ssomething out of this world that would scare the hell out of folks.

However the landings did happen and denial of that is pretty silly.

Oh and by the way, you think countries like Russia or China would stand idly by and not call bull#### if they discovered the landings were a hoax. I promise you they were watching and would know. In fact they have both independently verified the landings and tracked the Apollo missions. So its pretty ignorant to deny they happened.

Oh and by the way, you think countries like Russia or China would stand idly by and not call bull#### if they discovered the landings were a hoax. I promise you they were watching and would know. In fact they have both independently verified the landings and tracked the Apollo missions. So its pretty ignorant to deny they happened.
I seriously doubt the Russians and Chinese were on stanley kubrick's moon landing set.

cowboyz1 said:
Ignoratio Elenchi said:
:lmao: at all the yes votes. Do you know how far away the moon is? Even if we did shoot a rocket at the moon 45 years ago the rocket wouldn't be there yet.
You can't be serious. Ok do this, how fast can a ship travel through space? Now divide that into the distance to the moon and what do you get?
It's not that simple. You have to account for the effects of relativity (unless you think Albert Einstein didn't know what he was talking about, lol)

I seriously doubt the Russians and Chinese were on stanley kubrick's moon landing set.
I was hardly referencing kubrick. My point was that they were monitoring the missions via tracking, radio intercepts and visual verification. They had as sophisticated enough equipment to observe the entire missions and had a vested interest in doing so. What if we were trying to weaponize the moon. Meaning put some sort of missle launch capacity there. So basically countries that had the sophistication monitor our crafts did so and would have made public any false claims by NASA.

Last edited by a moderator:
It wouldn't surprise me at all that the government had a fake lunar landing set just in case they wanted to hid the actual footage of what the astronauts actaully filmed. Imagine they find something they dont want the public to see. They couldn't deny landing there so they had a backup set filmed just in case they had toshow some footage of a lunar landing without showing the world the real thing. Since they only found moon dust, rocks and crap it was fine to just show the real footage. NASA builds backups to their backups and it makes sense t have some mundane moon footage in case they found ssomething out of this world that would scare the hell out of folks.

I think this is it. I'm convinced Buzz stepped in alien droppings and was too embarrassed to let it go public.

cowboyz1 said:
Ignoratio Elenchi said:
:lmao: at all the yes votes. Do you know how far away the moon is? Even if we did shoot a rocket at the moon 45 years ago the rocket wouldn't be there yet.
You can't be serious. Ok do this, how fast can a ship travel through space? Now divide that into the distance to the moon and what do you get?
It's not that simple. You have to account for the effects of relativity (unless you think Albert Einstein didn't know what he was talking about, lol)
I know this is :fishing: but anyways:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOJAgQwfXNE

http://www.universetoday.com/13562/how-long-does-it-take-to-get-to-the-moon/

I think this is it. I'm convinced Buzz stepped in alien droppings and was too embarrassed to let it go public.
Buzz, you say?

cowboyz1 said:
Ignoratio Elenchi said:

Sure, well you go ahead and take that guy's word for it. I'll stick with ALBERT EINSTEIN.

cowboyz1 said:
Ignoratio Elenchi said:

Sure, well you go ahead and take that guy's word for it. I'll stick with ALBERT EINSTEIN.
:goodposting:

Don't forget about String Theory, which has repeatedly disproved the moon landing.

cowboyz1 said:
Stop it. Albert would hall off and slap you with his chopping mirror if he heard you say that.

It really is remarkable how easy people are to fool when they want to believe something so badly....

Mr. Pickles said:
bucksoh said:
Just wondering were the rover is on the moon. The hubble should be able to take a picture of what the astronauts left behind. How come we have yet to see a picture? Just want someone to explain this.
There actually is a picture. Hubble isn't capable though. Orbiting satellites can even see the rover tracks. It's pretty cool.
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LRO/news/apollo-sites.html#.UuQk8VdOlaQ
These pics are crap, with today's technology we should have better pictures by now.

Mr. Pickles said:
bucksoh said:
Then where is the Picture, with technology today we should be able to take a very good pic from orbiting satellites, Just wondering where one is to view?

What is the purpose of going back?
This. It costs a ton and we already know what we need to know. Not gonna make any earth shattering discoveries there. No point in going back.
Didn't we mine the moon for Tang? That was a moon shattering discovery.
at first they called it moon dust but then they changed it to Tang.
Moontang
this post ain't nothin ta F with

I really do feel bad for folks who truly believe there have been absolutely no manned landings on the Earth's moon. There is way too much real evidence to believe otherwise. As others have pointed out, there is no benefit to other countries for them to "be in on" any kind of hoax perpetrated by the USA/NASA. In addition, evidence has been left behind which has since been verified by other countries.

But hey, I don't want to spoil anyone's well thought out conspiracy theories. Have at it.....

What is the purpose of going back?
This. It costs a ton and we already know what we need to know. Not gonna make any earth shattering discoveries there. No point in going back.
This is absolutely wrong. We know very little about the moon in actuality. And there is plenty of reason to go back. It would make a great base to launch to Mars from and it would provide a base to mine the asteroid belt from. Just for two reasons to be there.

They would've made it to the moon but some jerkwad was in the left lane doing 65 and wouldn't let them pass so they had to abort.

Lets here why you dont think it happened.
Watch this:

http://vimeo.com/m/76848395
This is hilarious. This reminds me of all of the idiots going through Beatles records for "Paul is Dead" clues. :lol:
I think there are some compelling points. Why is Danny wearing an Apollo 11 sweater of all things when he makes the journey to Room 237, which just happens to be the distance the earth is from the moon, 237,000 miles (actually varies between 221 and 252 thousand miles).

Lets here why you dont think it happened.
Watch this:

http://vimeo.com/m/76848395
This is hilarious. This reminds me of all of the idiots going through Beatles records for "Paul is Dead" clues. :lol:
I think there are some compelling points. Why is Danny wearing an Apollo 11 sweater of all things when he makes the journey to Room 237, which just happens to be the distance the earth is from the moon, 237,000 miles (actually varies between 221 and 252 thousand miles).
For the same reason that Paul is barefoot on the cover of Abbey Road?

There were lots of shirts, sweaters, pajamas, cups, lunchboxes, etc. with Apollo 11 on them for sale in the 70s. Also as you pointed out the distance to the moon is not 237,000 miles but varies. It isn't even the average distance which is 238,855 miles.

If Kubrick wanted to tell the world he filmed fake moon landings he would have just come out and said it and if he was afraid to do that then he sure as hell wouldn't have put the imagery in a horror film 11 years later that only conspiracy kooks would pick up on and believe. I mean really.

Just like the "Paul is Dead" story, it is silly. There is no way someone with ego of John Lennon would have put up with the farce of having a lookalike not only be in the band but dominate it, just like Russia and China wouldn't have let the USA get away with faking it.

Then where is the Picture, with technology today we should be able to take a very good pic from orbiting satellites, Just wondering where one is to view?
Have you found it yet?

I drove to Mt Rushmore once. It was a long ### drive with not much to see along the way. Then when I got there, there wasn't a lot to do except look at Mt Rushmore. It was a really cool trip and I'm glad I went and got to see it in person, but I'm not planning on going back again any time soon.
This sounds familiar.

It would be nice if the conspiracy guys would learn some science. The reason it is hard to get a picture of the lunar rover or the flag is they are tiny. The rover is a little over 3 meters. To resolve that would require a telescope that was 75 meters in diameter. Hubble is 2.4 meters. The largest Earth based telescope is a bit over 10.

I drove to Mt Rushmore once. It was a long ### drive with not much to see along the way. Then when I got there, there wasn't a lot to do except look at Mt Rushmore. It was a really cool trip and I'm glad I went and got to see it in person, but I'm not planning on going back again any time soon.
What a waste of time. Mount Rushmore is a hideous blight.
Sounds like an article from a bitter self-loathing white man. Of course it was to help draw people to the area. What other reason would anyone go there?

The Russians will get to the bottom on this conspiracy.

LINK

Russian official wants to investigate whether U.S. moon landings actually happened
By Rick Noack June 17 at 11:47 AM

The increasingly tense relationship between the United States and Russia might be about to face a new challenge: a Russian investigation into American moon landings.

In an op-ed published by Russian newspaper Izvestia on Tuesday, Vladimir Markin, a spokesman for the government's official Investigative Committee, argued that such an investigation could reveal new insights into the historical space journeys.

According to a translation by the Moscow Times, Markin would support an inquiry into the disappearance of original footage from the first moon landing in 1969 and the whereabouts of lunar rock, which was brought back to earth during several missions.

"We are not contending that they did not fly [to the moon], and simply made a film about it. But all of these scientific — or perhaps cultural — artifacts are part of the legacy of humanity, and their disappearance without a trace is our common loss. An investigation will reveal what happened," Markin wrote, according to the Moscow Times translation.

The op-ed is unlikely to raise worries among NASA officials. In 2009, NASA itself admitted that it had erased the original video recordings of the first moon landing among 200,000 other tapes in order to save money, according to Reuters. However, NASA has since restored copies of the landing, using recordings from other sources such as CBS News. The organization says that due to restoration efforts, the recordings' quality is superior to the original one that has gone missing.

NASA did also emphasize the uniqueness of lunar soil and rock in the past. "They differ from Earth rocks in many respects," David McKay, chief scientist for planetary science and exploration at NASA's Johnson Space Center, where most of the material is stored, was quoted as saying by NASA's Web site in 2001.

So, why is Investigative Committee member Markin speculating about conspiracy theories surrounding U.S. moon landings that happened decades ago? In his op-ed, the Russian official also emphasized that "U.S. authorities had crossed a line by launching a large-scale corruption probe targeting nine FIFA officials," according to the Moscow Times.

On June 2, FIFA President Sepp Blatter announced that he would eventually step down amid an ongoing investigation into widespread corruption at the organization. "U.S. prosecutors have declared themselves the supreme arbiters of international football affairs," Markin complained in his op-ed. The official went on to argue that U.S. investigators had confused political bargaining with corruption. He specifically referred to media speculation that former German chancellor Gerhard Schroeder authorized military arms shipments to Saudi Arabia to help Germany win the 2006 World Cup bid.

Users who are viewing this thread