What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Did the Dolphins run up the score on the Patriots? (1 Viewer)

T Bell

Footballguy
I came of age in football watching coaches like Joe Gibbs have their QB's take a knee late in games to run out the clock even if they were in the red zone and you could expect them to score against a totally outclassed team. But yesterday I was horrified to watch the Dolphins continue to run their high powered offense - the same thing over and over and over again - against a clearly vanquished foe, and have to say that I was crestfallen at the lack of sportsmanship.

Do you have to keep running Ronnie Brown off of direct snaps when the Patriots have clearly demonstrated that they can't stop it?

I felt bad for Belichick at that post-game press conference because decorum doesn't really allow him to fault the Dolphins, but you know that deep down he's got to be hurt by the disrespect. I think the league should step in and offer sportsmanship awareness courses for coaches like Sparano who take the game beyond decent sportsmanship and turn it into some sort of ghettoesque free for all with other coaches' and teams' self respect.

I'll get off my soap box now.

Not bad. 7/10 9/10

I chuckled. :bag:

Edit to bump the scoring. Unreal bait. Nice work, TB.

Last edited by a moderator:
I came of age in football watching coaches like Joe Gibbs have their QB's take a knee late in games to run out the clock even if they were in the red zone and you could expect them to score against a totally outclassed team. But yesterday I was horrified to watch the Dolphins continue to run their high powered offense - the same thing over and over and over again - against a clearly vanquished foe, and have to say that I was crestfallen at the lack of sportsmanship.

Do you have to keep running Ronnie Brown off of direct snaps when the Patriots have clearly demonstrated that they can't stop it?

I felt bad for Belichick at that post-game press conference because decorum doesn't really allow him to fault the Dolphins, but you know that deep down he's got to be hurt by the disrespect. I think the league should step in and offer sportsmanship awareness courses for coaches like Sparano who take the game beyond decent sportsmanship and turn it into some sort of ghettoesque free for all with other coaches' and teams' self respect.

I'm sorry - did you miss all of 2007?

:bag:

:thumbup: :lmao: Thanks for this. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time.

Are you serious? Did you miss the Patriots last year???

If anything, it is a dose of Belchick's own medicine. I distinctly remember the Skins-Pats game when the Patriots were up 42-0 and the Patriots had all of their stars still in, and passing. Then, when they scored, they were dancing and spiking the ball.

The official game report, per Patriots.com, reads, "Finally, mercifully, the Patriots defense allowed a sympathy score for Washington."

Belchick threw sportsmanship out the window last year.

Last edited by a moderator:

:lmao:
:thumbup:

Hmmm.....let's see.

As soon as the NFl take points scored/differentials, and such out of the tiebreaker procedures, you'll have a point.

While I don't like teams running up scores, Miami was not in a position to let off the gas, and NE is the LAST team they would do so with, being a divisional foe.

That said....when a team chooses to run almost exclusively late in the game, and use every second of play clock...how is that NOT sportmanlike? Up 20 in the fourth throwing deep bombs on first down might be, but running the ball?

Gimme a break.

:thumbup:
Well played. :lmao:

Very well done.

But I would like to renew my objection to there being something wrong with running up the score. This is the NFL not Pop Warner, if your team can be embarrassed it should be embarrassed.

Question: How can a bottom feeding franchise pump up their fan base?

Answer: Kick the crap out of last year's power house.

It was the right move on the field and the right move off the field. Come on now - Parcells and his Dolphins needed this. Any other theory is ridiculous.

I, for one, was glad to see the Patriots embarrased. Watching Belichick talk about the game was wonderful. Not like Parcells was sitting back enjoying every bit of it.

Are you serious? Did you miss the Patriots last year???If anything, it is a dose of Belchick's own medicine. I distinctly remember the Skins-Pats game when the Patriots were up 42-0 and the Patriots had all of their stars still in, and passing. Then, when they scored, they were dancing and spiking the ball. The official game report, per Patriots.com, reads, "Finally, mercifully, the Patriots defense allowed a sympathy score for Washington."Belchick threw sportsmanship out the window last year.
Or when they went for it on 4th down, up by 35?? The only thing I think the Dolphins did wrong was show some of their trick plays when they could have saved them for a close game!!

Add in an insult to the Miami Dolphins organization and fans, and a random attack on one of the Manning brothers you have 10/10.As it stands, 8.5/10.

Are you serious? Did you miss the Patriots last year???If anything, it is a dose of Belchick's own medicine. I distinctly remember the Skins-Pats game when the Patriots were up 42-0 and the Patriots had all of their stars still in, and passing. Then, when they scored, they were dancing and spiking the ball. The official game report, per Patriots.com, reads, "Finally, mercifully, the Patriots defense allowed a sympathy score for Washington."Belchick threw sportsmanship out the window last year.
Or when they went for it on 4th down, up by 35?? The only thing I think the Dolphins did wrong was show some of their trick plays when they could have saved them for a close game!!
They really just showed the same one five times. That makes it all the more humiliating.

Is he kidding though? It surely does not seem that way after re-reading his post.
I was horrified to watch the Dolphins continue to run their high powered offense...Do you have to keep running Ronnie Brown...

I think the league should step in and offer sportsmanship awareness courses...

YOU'RE kidding, right?

<<trying to decide if original posting is as funny as all the people missing out on the sarcasm... :popcorn:

My son was raised as a Dolphins fan. He even has a little Ronnie Brown jersey. This morning after the game while I was making him lunch, he came up to me with the jersey in his hands.

"What are you doing, son?" I asked him. He said "I don't want to wear Ronnie Brownses jersey anymore. He is not a good sportsman and I don't wanna be like him."

I've never been more proud as a father.

As a Pats fan, I think they had it coming. Wounded ducks who are being hunted. If you can't stop the Ronnie Brown direct snap formations you deserve to give up 5 TDs.

I wasnt at the game, or I would have probably stayed for every last insufferable moment of it. But it almost feels a little cool to take a beatdown like that. Strange to say. I expected the team to deal with some struggles after our guy went down. But certainly wasnt looking for a full blown embarassment at the hands of probably the least likely opponents. AT HOME. But as a 'division' man, who's always pulling for the East whenever they play outsiders, Im strangely proud of how Miami stepped it up and delivered blow after blow. And I dont feel the least bit sorry for my boys. This is the big leagues. Youre just gonna get beat down every once in a while. Noone's immune to it. It just hasnt happened to New England in a while. But after the SB loss, the full blown barrage of Spygate/Walsh/Senatorial queries, and seeing the franchise go down in the 1st quarter of the 1st game, losing a single regular season game, no matter how large of a bashing or to whom, really doesnt sting all that much. The 'Phins played a lights out game and Brown was unconscious. Hats off to those characters. But someone please hand Belichick a bandaid, already. Nice thread.

Users who are viewing this thread