What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Did the Team with Odell Beckham Win Your League? (2 Viewers)

Did the team with Odell Beckham win your league?

• Yes

Votes: 109 47.2%
  • No

Votes: 122 52.8%

• Total voters
Good question, since this guy was my nemesis today. I'm in 8 leagues and I'm pretty sure he impacted all of them. Let's see:

1. Big money ppr: I'm beating ODB owner in final by 15 but he has CJ anderson left. Thanks, Luck and Olsen.

2. Big money .5 ppr: ODB owner was top seed going into playoffs. Finished third today. I about have the championship locked up against the team who took down the ODB owner last week. :pickle:

3. PPR league with friends: ODB owner beat me by 8 in the championship today. Owner's team was 6-7 going into playoffs and got in as the sixth seed.

4. Non-ppr with friends: ODB owner currently vying for third place. I am in a dogfight in championship.

5. Non-ppr work league: Owner missed playoffs.

6. Non-ppr other work league: Owner on pace to win championship as the fourth seed. Knocked me out by 4 points last week.

7. PPR Family league: Owner beat me in the championship today despite me leading entire league in total points by 400. Thanks again, Luck.

8. Competitive non-ppr, non-playoff league. Owner currently in third after winning five in a row. I'm in second after losing to Beckham owner by .5 last week. Beckham owner can win entire league if he wins next week against the current 1st place team and I lose.

So yeah, Beckham almost single-handedly cost me 5 championships. :hot:
You must play in some really crappy leagues if you are in every championship game. Seriously, that doesn't even sound fun.
I'd say 5 of the 8 have very legitimate players. Really only the one family league is full of tadpoles.

This was my best year of fantasy football by far ever.

Middle of the pack in both my leagues.

In one league the guy that had ODB traded away DeMarco Murray for P. Thomas in like week 6.

Yes, my team won our 12-team league.

QB: Tom Brady

RB: LeSean McCoy

RB: Jeremy Hill (still to play even though already clinched)

WR: Antonio Brown

WR: Odell Beckham

WR: Mike Evans

TE: Greg Olsen

K: Justin Tucker

DT: Seattle

Super Bowl Champ and highest scoring team in the league.

I picked him up off the WW, traded him for Wallace and James Jones. Seemed like a good idea at the time. I'm up pretty big in championship game, he will win 5th...

But he gets to keep him...

odell got me a championship this week and put me in the championship game nextweek in my other league.

picking odell up was about the only thing I did correct this year.

odell, I owe you a fruit basket my friend.

What a dirty roster. Shows how much luck is involved in FF.

The sun shines on a dog's ### every once and awhile....

1 of 2. I own ODB in the league where he lost. Too many injuries and Rodgers came up small - although I lost to a very stacked team.

Beckham owner in my league Finished 6-7. Last playoff spot. Lost in the championship. He was a giants fan so he drafted him in like the 18th round.

What a dirty roster. Shows how much luck is involved in FF.

The sun shines on a dog's ### every once and awhile....
LOL!!

Helps when you have a dominant receiving corps, Thomas. But in all seriousness, Brady was a Top 5 QB, Jeremy Hill was a Top 10 RB, and Olsen a Top 4 TE. McCoy was a disappointment, but as you know I still finished 12-4.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's long been said fantasy owners shouldn't count on rookie wide receivers to produce but rather should be pleasantly surprised if or when they do.

Odell Beckham Jr. wasn't hearing any of that noise, and his fantasy owners couldn't be more grateful.

It should come as no surprise to anyone who witnessed his consistent production in the season's final month that Beckham was easily the most popular player on the rosters of ESPN fantasy football champions this season. OBJ could be found on nearly one-third of championship squads, nearly 10 percentage points more than any other player.

Only eight players were on at least 30 percent of teams that reached the finals in ESPN leagues, and four of them -- Beckham (28 points), C.J. Anderson (24 points), Antonio Brown (24 points) and DeMarco Murray (18 points) -- continued to do their part to help fantasy owners close out the season on a high note in Week 17.

How good was Beckham in the final four games? He scored 99 standard fantasy points in December. That's more than seven of the top-20-drafted wide receivers scored for the entire season: Andre Johnson (11th in ADP among WRs), Larry Fitzgerald (12th), Pierre Garcon (14th), Keenan Allen (15th), Percy Harvin (16th), Victor Cruz (17th) and Michael Crabtree (20th). Of those players, Cruz is the only one to miss more than three games this season.
http://espn.go.com/fantasy/football/story/_/id/12092730/odell-beckham-jr-far-most-popular-player-champions-rosters

TBD but at this point it is slightly likely. Unfortunately, most of my team laid eggs at the worst time -Rodgers, Forsett, Herron, Dwayne Allen/Martelluss, Baltimore D

Only reason I'm in the game is because OBJ and Lamar Miller.
won it!

Nope. I have Beckham, and didn't make the playoffs.

Too many injuries/suspensions to my other starters: Calvin, ADP, Ellington, J.Thomas to get to the playoffs.

Users who are viewing this thread