What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Direct TV "stealing" still alive and well (1 Viewer)

Gatorman

Supreme Elite Maximum Tier
Just dropped comcast and restarted Direct TV. Had an installer come out from direct TV to set everything up. During the course of the installation, he says to me, "you know, for 350 bucks I can give you a box that lets you see all the channels"

When I had it before I had buddies who did the card spoofing. Nice to know the Direct TV installers are now offerring the 21st century editions of this stuff

(and for the record, I did NOT get it)

i would imagine it's an activated card that would only last so long once the subscription or tiers expired, or it could be some sort of dealer card. for dave's new cards i don't believe there is a purely wide-open card of the 3M type.

sniff sniff

Once the cards had to be re-programmed every couple weeks, I had to go legit.
exactly. I remember those days too. So I say to the guy after he makes me the offer "How long does it last, and what happens when it stops working?"He tells me "It has been working fine for the past 5 months and if something happens, I'll come out and fix it that day"

I don't watch the amount of TV I used to, and perhaps I am getting to old to want to steal the dish, but I am amazed that no matter what technology exists, the way to steal that tech exists as well.

my FIL used to do the card spoofing, he had to reset it every two weeks or so. Those where the days..as much pRon as the mind could handle. Trust me that was alot of pRon :cry:

BTW - If hacking was alive in well in the DirecTV community, I'd know about it. I don't know what this installer had up his sleeve but the title of this post is misleading.

FWIW my DTV sugar-daddy ended up having to pay $5000 in fines after he was busted using an emulator.

RIP 595-599

we get HBO for free.

when we got our cable hooked up to our home we called the cable co. and told them we had it and hadn't asked for it.

Their reply: "there is a shortage of "filters" that have to be put on the box outside the house in order to remove HBO from your package. you will not be charged and we apologize for the inconvenience."

i was pumped....that was two years ago.

unfortunately, i think i have only watched 2 movies on HBO in that time period.

:mellow:

sniff sniff

Yep..me too. It got to be more "work" than what it was worth. And that's hard to do with all the free pron I was getting. On the other hand there's something to be said about not having to worry every time there is a knock at your door. :unsure:

Loved the amateur stuff - now just get to look at the "get all 5 channels for 3 hours for $12.95" messages and bask in the memories. :rant:

sniff sniff

Every couple of weeks was a piece of cake. It only took 5 mins...That's what I was told anyway....

:unsure:

I remember seeing card programmers. It was a more simpler time. I think the cards are way to complicated to ever hack again.

If you do that you're still a dirty stealer just the same as the guy who steals movies and music on the torrent sites and there's a special place in hell reserved for you right next to that guy. j/k

If you do that you're still a dirty stealer just the same as the guy who steals movies and music on the torrent sites and there's a special place in hell reserved for you right next to that guy. j/k
In hell everything is free.

Man oh man, north of the border we were CRUSHING free directv.

We had stores set up that did NOTHING else but sell directv gear and load cards

I remember buying my first unlooper/loader. Man, my family and friends were all over me to load their cards.

H/HU cards will always be in my heart. Always

You can just get a dragon box and stream everything (even movies that are still in theaters). No need to steal cable.

Yes, but all of the channels only provide three choices: The Joy of Painting - with Bob Ross, Detroit Lions Championship Recaps, and The Courtship of Eddie's Father

Ive been trying to find an american who would love to split their bill...

*cough cough*
I just ended a long run doing this because apparently the signal cannot make it through a mountain. Oh, the goood old days.
I live in downtown TO, but I have a another home in Niagara on the Lake (hugs the border) and the signal is strong as all hell there. No issues whatsoever.

Would love to get directv there, again

Well, ever since we cut down the massive tree that was in the way.

Yes, but all of the channels only provide three choices: The Joy of Painting - with Bob Ross, Detroit Lions Championship Recaps, and The Courtship of Eddie's Father
You forgot Cop Rock and Manimal.

I know an installer who will hook up two houses under one bill, the second house has to buy equipment though (basically two people split the bill then). Pays for itself easy after a year....

Users who are viewing this thread