What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do you approve or disapprove of the way Joe Biden is handling his job as president? (1 Viewer)

Do you approve or disapprove of the way Joe Biden is handling his job as president?

• Approve

Votes: 76 49.0%
  • Disapprove

Votes: 79 51.0%

• Total voters
God you guys..  See what I mean?  This is in the VERY FIRST PARAGRAPH!!

President Donald Trump took to the White House briefing room and encouraged his top health officials to study the injection of bleach into the human body as a means of fighting Covid

He didn't say INJECT BLEACH!!! He asked for it to be studied.  And you still go on, parroting that saying, even when it is right there in the first paragraph.  

It's amazing.  I mean its simply amazing how easily people are manipulated.  Frightening actually.
I wish the docs had thought of this.

I wish the docs had thought of this.
Maybe they did.  The problem is because Trump mentioned it it turned into

TRUMP WANTS EVERYONE TO INJECT BLEACH!!

If it were an article in the Journal of Medicine, it would have not been turned into 88 point font on CNN and continually parrotted by those that read it at the time.  A year later.

If it were an article in the Journal of Medicine, it would have not been turned into 88 point font on CNN and continually parrotted by those that read it at the time.  A year later.
That Trump said this aloud ruined the medical communities plan to study bleach injection? 

All of these things are either untrue, or have basically nothing to do with Biden. Hope that helps!

Russia in Ukraine is a classic, though. These people trying to blame their political opponents for the Ukraine invasion is pretty funny.

ok so we're back to the question I asked .... all of these things Biden voters expected? and if they did .... what did they expect if Trump was re-elected? 

I mean record inflation, gas, Russia in Ukraine, the debacle in Afghanistan, the record illegals .... all of that was what Biden voters EXPECTED ???  really ?

Meh. If he didn't ramble an entire word salad about UV lights and bleach it wouldn't have gotten the attention. I mean, read this to your self and ask yourself if this sounds like something you want the president saying to the world?

“A question that probably some of you are thinking of if you’re totally into that world,” Trump began, clearly thinking the question himself, “So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous — whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light — and I think you said that that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said, supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way, and I think you said you’re going to test that, too. It sounds interesting. And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that.”

Look what Bolivia is doing?

Now, from my perspective, there is plenty of evidence to support this being a bad idea.

Yet..its being done. And I bet you dollars to donuts you weren't aware.

BECAUSE TRUMPPPPPPPP!!!  

https://www.vice.com/en/article/m7e8dy/doctors-are-injecting-bleach-to-treat-covid-in-bolivia

from that article " it’s probably because former U.S. President Donald Trump famously suggested people could inject or drink disinfectant to kill COVID-19 "

Trump never did that - media took it and ran with it ... but Trump never suggested that

Here are his full comments:

"A question that probably some of you are thinking of if you’re totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting. So, supposedly we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. (To Bryan) And I think you said you’re going to test that, too. Sounds interesting, right?"

He continued.

"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me. So, we’ll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute. That’s pretty powerful."

Later, Trump clarified his comments after a reporter asked Bryan whether disinfectants could actually be injected into COVID-19 patients.

"It wouldn’t be through injections, almost a cleaning and sterilization of an area. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn’t work, but it certainly has a big effect if it’s on a stationary object."

Trump did not explicitly recommend ingesting a disinfectant like bleach.

Meh. If he didn't ramble an entire word salad about UV lights and bleach it wouldn't have gotten the attention. I mean, read this to your self and ask yourself if this sounds like something you want the president saying to the world?

“A question that probably some of you are thinking of if you’re totally into that world,” Trump began, clearly thinking the question himself, “So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous — whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light — and I think you said that that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said, supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way, and I think you said you’re going to test that, too. It sounds interesting. And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that.”
Here we go again.   You guys are focusing on the little things.  And it's silly.  You all get your panties in a bunch when Biden's absurd word salad gaffes get mentioned, but when Trump says something like study something, which is all he did, multiple times if you actually read the darn thing, then all of a sudden it matters....

Huh?   What?   
Look he said something insanely stupid. He followed it up with injecting light into the body should be studied. He realized how absurd he sounded later and made an even funnier comment about how he was actually just being sarcastic to the very nasty reporters.

It’s ok, he’s not a doctor and perhaps it made this guy actually realize he is out of his depth for a brief moment and that he needs to step back - he finally shut up in these press conferences for a minute after this event. This was a good thing. 

ok so we're back to the question I asked .... all of these things Biden voters expected? and if they did .... what did they expect if Trump was re-elected? 

I mean record inflation, gas, Russia in Ukraine, the debacle in Afghanistan, the record illegals .... all of that was what Biden voters EXPECTED ???  really ?

As I said before, most of those things are either untrue (eg gas is not at record highs once you account for inflation, I have absolutely no idea where you're getting "record illegals" or how that would even be measured) or have basically nothing to do with Biden (Biden had no role in encouraging Russia's invasion of Ukraine, and in fact he displaced the American politicians whose policies obviously encouraged it).

If you want me to say it a third time, feel free to ask again!

from that article " it’s probably because former U.S. President Donald Trump famously suggested people could inject or drink disinfectant to kill COVID-19 "

Trump never did that - media took it and ran with it ... but Trump never suggested that

Here are his full comments:

"A question that probably some of you are thinking of if you’re totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting. So, supposedly we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. (To Bryan) And I think you said you’re going to test that, too. Sounds interesting, right?"

He continued.

"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me. So, we’ll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute. That’s pretty powerful."

Later, Trump clarified his comments after a reporter asked Bryan whether disinfectants could actually be injected into COVID-19 patients.

"It wouldn’t be through injections, almost a cleaning and sterilization of an area. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn’t work, but it certainly has a big effect if it’s on a stationary object."

Trump did not explicitly recommend ingesting a disinfectant like bleach.
Never...And he mentioned studying it so many times.  Yet, it is still being reported that he said it.  Even now. Even when posting his exact words it is being portrayed as he said it.   Its amazing. 

Look he said something insanely stupid. He followed it up with injecting light into the body should be studied. He realized how absurd he sounded later and made an even funnier comment about how he was actually just being sarcastic to the very nasty reporters.

It’s ok, he’s not a doctor and perhaps it made this guy actually realize he is out of his depth for a brief moment and that he needs to step back - he finally shut up in these press conferences for a minute after this event. This was a good thing. 
Point being, again,. he said study it.  was that dumb?  Yeah...No one is claiming Trump wasn't terrible at these things.  But the narrative that he said do it is wrong and a lie and flat out disinformation.   

My comment was specific to someone (non Trump fan) dying on the hill for Trumps bleach comment.
Because its being told as a lie.   And I hate that. say what you want about Trump's failures, but at least don't lie about it.  Its disinformation and it's wrong. Thats the hill I am dying on here.

This whole debate reminds me strongly of 2016 when Trump was caught on camera making fun of a handicapped person, and then so many people insisted that he didn’t because- well I don’t understand the reason why not to this day. 

I heard what Trump said. The media got it right. They reported correctly as they almost always do. These distinctions are irrelevant nonsense IMO. 

As I said before, most of those things are either untrue (eg gas is not at record highs once you account for inflation, I have absolutely no idea where you're getting "record illegals" or how that would even be measured) or have basically nothing to do with Biden (Biden had no role in encouraging Russia's invasion of Ukraine, and in fact he displaced the American politicians whose policies obviously encouraged it).

If you want me to say it a third time, feel free to ask again!

incredible - I find it fascinating to watch people skate by everything that's happening right now. I mean that too, its simply fascinating to me 

This whole debate reminds me strongly of 2016 when Trump was caught on camera making fun of a handicapped person, and then so many people insisted that he didn’t because- well I don’t understand the reason why not to this day. 

I heard what Trump said. The media got it right. They reported correctly as they almost always do. These distinctions are irrelevant nonsense IMO. 
Sweet thougths. Thanks

Never...And he mentioned studying it so many times.  Yet, it is still being reported that he said it.  Even now. Even when posting his exact words it is being portrayed as he said it.   Its amazing. 

he alluded to studying all of it yes - he never said "drink bleach" 

he alluded to studying all of it yes - he never said "drink bleach" 
But Timmy heard it!!!!  Didn't you see what he posted????

Even though the quote has been put here, countless times, these guys heard something that wasn't there.  You just can't fix it.  The media is amazingly powerful.

Last edited by a moderator:
He didn’t mean to shake his arm violently in imitation and stutter his speaking? It was all a big mistake? Thanks for the clarification. 

sure 

“For God’s sake, this man cannot remain in power,” Biden said. 

Do you believe he meant that ? I'm guessing you'll go with what the White House said ... 

oh, and on the mocking thing .. Trump looked silly, but he wasn't mocking  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baUuXQ443fA

Maybe it would seem less fascinating and incredible if you stopped blindly believing things that were demonstrably false? Just saying.

maybe you're right ... maybe we don't have record inflation, record gas, record illegals, Afghanistan debacle ... maybe Russia isn't in Ukraine, maybe crime/violence hasn't spiked, maybe Kamala is doing a bang up job too ............ but hey, if they're " demonstrably false" ..... then it should be easy to show that none of this is happening under Biden ?

this is ALL happening under his leadership - fact

maybe you're right ... maybe we don't have record inflation, record gas, record illegals, Afghanistan debacle ... maybe Russia isn't in Ukraine, maybe crime/violence hasn't spiked, maybe Kamala is doing a bang up job too ............ but hey, if they're " demonstrably false" ..... then it should be easy to show that none of this is happening under Biden ?

this is ALL happening under his leadership - fact

OK buddy

Yeah I don’t understand why you would post that. This is the type of stuff Trump was alluding to while not being sarcastic? 
Im sorry.  You haven't explained why you're confused....I can't help you understand if you cannot articulate your confusion.  

It was akin to posting an article about leaches curing cancer. That’s why I was wondering if you read past the 1st paragraph. 
Its quite possible you are missing the point here.  The article isn't supporting or not supporting using bleach as a treatment. The point was that is being used in other locations, but you only care about TRUMPPPPPP......even if he only suggested it be studied.  Here we have a country actually using it, and no one knows..because your media is manipulating you.  

Better?

How to medical, by Donald Trump…

”…or some other way.”

This obsession with worrying about calling out people who “but Trump” is as strange as the people who “but Trump” everything.  But I guess it’s the perfect reflection of politics today.  

Its quite possible you are missing the point here.  The article isn't supporting or not supporting using bleach as a treatment. The point was that is being used in other locations, but you only care about TRUMPPPPPP......even if he only suggested it be studied.  Here we have a country actually using it, and no one knows..because your media is manipulating you.  

Better?
Yeah, I don’t understand your point. If Trump talked about studying leaches, then it is pointed out that leeches are used somewhere as treatment, this is evidence of what? The media manipulating this? Why isn’t the media talking about leeches! 

In any case why did Trump claim that he was being sarcastic the following day?

This wasn’t because of media manipulation - it was that he realized how dumb this sounded. He could have pointed to the work being done by the Bolivian gold miner and alluded to global control by the Rothschilds and JP Morgan as did the guy in the article. I get him wanting this suggestion of his to be dropped. 

People harping on things like this isn’t unusual in politics. I do agree it’s not super useful. 

Yeah, I don’t understand your point. If Trump talked about studying leaches, then it is pointed out that leeches are used somewhere as treatment, this is evidence of what? The media manipulating this? Why isn’t the media talking about leeches! 

In any case why did Trump claim that he was being sarcastic the following day?

This wasn’t because of media manipulation - it was that he realized how dumb this sounded. He could have pointed to the work being done by the Bolivian gold miner and alluded to global control by the Rothschilds and JP Morgan as did the guy in the article. I get him wanting this suggestion of his to be dropped. 

People harping on things like this isn’t unusual in politics. I do agree it’s not super useful. 
Yeah you're missing the point.  The point was and is..trump did not say to inject bleach. Ever.  But it is being reported that way. Even a year later.  On this board.  Like it was fact.

I don't know if it's media manipulation or flat out lying.

No I do not approve of the job Biden is doing.  I give him credit for the infrastructure bill.  Not much else I can say he's done a good job on.  

Yeah you're missing the point.  The point was and is..trump did not say to inject bleach. Ever.  But it is being reported that way. Even a year later.  On this board.  Like it was fact.

I don't know if it's media manipulation or flat out lying.
Well it's two years later...but that isn't the point. Much like making the important part of what was said that he merely suggested studying bleach be injected as a cure or injecting light into the body rather than saying to do this. At the time this was brought up people were looking to anything and it was nuts for this to be mentioned by the President talking to the country.

People are going to harp on is how crazy it sounds, this is why it is still talked about 2 years later. It was a remarkable illustration of how nuts those press conferences were. This pretty much ended Don's centerpiece role in them.

On a side note, of the articles I have seen posed in here they all were reporting this accurately I believe as well. 

Users who are viewing this thread