What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do you buckle up when in the back seat of a car? (1 Viewer)

Do you buckle up when in the back seat?

• Yes

Votes: 123 68.3%
  • No

Votes: 57 31.7%

• Total voters
never. the front seat will cushion my head and body when the car gets into an accident. everybody knows that.

Don't remember the last time I was in the backseat of a vehicle for anything other than, uh, fun.

ETA - A seatbelt would have been very inappropriate then!

Last edited by a moderator:
"Sorry, your seatbelt seems to be broken. What do you recommend I do?"

"I recommend you stop being such a (bad word). You're in the backseat."

My first car (1990 Camry) had the automatic shoulder belt in the front seats. I grew up so used to having a seat belt on that it feels very strange not wearing one no matter where I'm sitting in the car.

Not usually. I will if the driver gives me a look or if there is another passenger in the back who buckles up. If it makes them feel safer then screw it, I'll play by their rules. As long as I can still drink my beer and smoke my bowl.

It sort of depends. In a taxi, I never buckle. The couple of times I've been a Town Car for going to the airport, I did. Riding with my 83 year old FIL, ALWAYS!

Otherwise, I almost never get in the backseat.

My first car (1990 Camry) had the automatic shoulder belt in the front seats. I grew up so used to having a seat belt on that it feels very strange not wearing one no matter where I'm sitting in the car.
It's an old habit. You get in the car, you buckle the belt. I don't ride in the back much, but probably will more as kids get older and can ride up front.

On our first trip to Disney World with our 2 older boys (the younger one was 3ish) afterwards when asked what his favorite ride was he mentioned the buses that took him back and forth from the resort to the parks. We think it was because he didn't have to be bucked up and could ride in a regular seat!

On rare occasions I may be in back. Since I want to have a better chance to live in the case of an accident rather than die getting thrown from the vehicle, yes.

I also buckle up in cabs. Same reason as above.

Lead by example for my kids.

Trying to see the downside of wearing a seat belt in the back.

Don't want The Man telling you what to do?

Trying to see the downside of wearing a seat belt in the back.

Don't want The Man telling you what to do?
I think its just because it was never a law, so never bothered to.

Also, they seem alot more uncomfortable and restrictive than the front seat.

Either way, I agree, well worth wearing one

On the rare occasion I'm back there find myself in positions not conducive to seat belt wearing.

It sort of depends. In a taxi, I never buckle. The couple of times I've been a Town Car for going to the airport, I did. Riding with my 83 year old FIL, ALWAYS!

I don't get this. When I get in a taxi, I'm usually buckled in before I even tell the guy where I'm going. Of course, taxis drivers around here are insane.

I don't get this. When I get in a taxi, I'm usually buckled in before I even tell the guy where I'm going. Of course, taxis drivers around here are insane.
I didn't use to put the belt on in Taxis. Then I had a gb end up in a hospital for a month- and continue to be pretty ####ed up- because his taxi got into an accident and he smashed against the divider. I've always worn belts since then- made me realize not wearing them was being a bit... dumb.

No. I don't wear one in the front seat either. It's my silent protest against the asinine Texas laws that tell me I must wear a seatbelt when in a vehicle yet I can legally ride my motorcycle without a helmet.

High school kid in my community died last night because he was in the backseat, not wearing a seat belt, and was thrown from the car in a crash. The other kid in the backseat also wasn't wearing a seat belt, and he also was ejected from the car and is in critical condition. The kids wearing seat belts have minor injuries.

Can't remember the last time I rode in the back. I usually do all the driving. I would probably if they are readily available. I always do when driving or in the front passenger seat.

No. I don't wear one in the front seat either. It's my silent protest against the asinine Texas laws that tell me I must wear a seatbelt when in a vehicle yet I can legally ride my motorcycle without a helmet.
Your silent protest will do you a lot of good when you're launched through the windshield.

Morons.

If I'm a passenger, I prefer sitting in the back right seat. I buckle up because I value my life.

Screw seatbelts. Also, I like to turn off the airbags and remove the steering wheel when I drive. #RealMan

4 kids died in a wreck my senior year of hs. Driver hit a tree doing 70, and the story around school was one of the kids in the back seat was chopped in half by the seatbelt. Never knew if it was true or not but the kid who told me is the same one who said Liz Holt had a frozen hot dog stuck up her box and had to go to the hospital.

Your silent protest will do you a lot of good when you're launched through the windshield.

Morons.
Back many years ago my uncle had a wreck. Now this was long enough ago that DUIs weren't really handed out very often and we are all sure he was drunk. Regardless he hit one of the old school guard rails. The ones that don't fold when hit the old steel ones. He was not wearing a seatbelt. He was thrown into the passenger floor board. The rail came through the engine firewall and through the middle of the drivers seat. If he had been wearing his seatbelt he would have been impaled. So although it's usually a bad idea not to wear your belt sometimes it works out.

Morons.
Back many years ago my uncle had a wreck. Now this was long enough ago that DUIs weren't really handed out very often and we are all sure he was drunk. Regardless he hit one of the old school guard rails. The ones that don't fold when hit the old steel ones. He was not wearing a seatbelt. He was thrown into the passenger floor board. The rail came through the engine firewall and through the middle of the drivers seat. If he had been wearing his seatbelt he would have been impaled. So although it's usually a bad idea not to wear your belt sometimes it works out.
Sometimes people live when jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge. This does not mean that you should do it. I'm sure there are some cases where wearing a seat belt may have caused a death. But it's probably like hitting the lottery.

Morons.
Sometimes people live when jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge. This does not mean that you should do it. I'm sure there are some cases where wearing a seat belt may have caused a death. But it's probably like hitting the lottery.
Right. That's why I said it is usually a bad idea not to wear one.

Users who are viewing this thread