What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dobson INACTIVE today (1 Viewer)

Boone22

Footballguy
Aaron Dobson is a healthy scratch for Sunday's Week 3 game against the Raiders.

It's one of Bill Belichick's surprises as Dobson was thought to be ascending toward the every-down "X" role. Instead, ineffective Kenbrell Thompkins and Brandon LaFell are active. Dobson is now a drop candidate in 10- and 12-team leagues. Meanwhile, Julian Edelman (back), Shane Vereen (shoulder), and Rob Gronkowski (knee) are active for the Patriots, as expected. James White is a healthy scratch.

Sep 21 - 11:52 AM

This is unbelievable.. if it were not Bellichick. Dobson is healthy right? No wonder Brady is frustrated with mostly crap around him. Active or inactive, it doesn't really matter, might as well cut some of these guys, start the Austin Collie watch. What terrific mismanagement, to not place a single stud WR around Brady since 2007. Love the Pats, Bellichick is a great coach, 12-4 is great (we're spoiled, etc). But as a GM Bellichick thinks he's so smart that he's stupid. We don't need a Cordarelle Patterson, a Demarius Thomas, a Dez Bryant, a Greg Jennings!!! Duh. I sure hope Tim Wright is damn good- and Vereen can play most games.

Maybe because none of Dobson, Thompkins or LaFell are overly impressive. We don't see them in practice and none of them have put up any kind of stats during the early going.

Why do I think Brandon LaFell is going to heavily involved tonight?

BTW, I have no Patriots on my rosters.

Expecting lots of short dinks to Gronk/Vereen. Probably what KC is expecting, too, though that doesn't mean they can prevent it.

Why do I think Brandon LaFell is going to heavily involved tonight?

BTW, I have no Patriots on my rosters.
Tough to say. He went one game with literally zero targets and the next he drew 7 I believe. I know he excels in blocking though so I wouldn't count on him being heavily involved in the passing game. Who knows with BB though. :shrug:

It's got to be frustrating for a QB to have musical chairs being played with the receiving corps. Couple that with a crappy O-line, a loud crowd and a gimpy star TE and I don't see Brady doing to well tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
How bad a receiver do you have to be if you can't crack the turd sandwich that is the Pats' WR corps?

Users who are viewing this thread