What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dodds: Can You Explain Your WR Rankings? (1 Viewer)

Cheesedawg

Footballguy
Garcon in particular opened in the top 10 in your rankings this week and seems to drop about 10 spots per day. He plays tonight and you have him higher than many of my other WRs. Why do you think he will do well against the Texans' pass D tonight? He was hardly looked at last week.

Also, where will you put Evans now that Boldin is out (and why haven't you done it already)?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a little surprised to see Miles Austin (#9) so far ahead of Dez Bryant (#25), with both Jabar Gaffney (#21) and Golden Tate (#22) ahead of Dez. I doubt Washington/Rex and Seattle/Jackson can match the passing offense of Dallas/Romo. Bloom has Gaffney (#32) and Tate (#35) both behind Dez (#25).

When Miles Austin and Dez have played together, their stats seem pretty close. Bryant has TDs in 5 of his last 6 games.

Miles Austin last 5 games played (11/6 vsSEA excluded due to injury during game):

12/17 @ TB 5/53/1

12/11 vsNYG 4/63/1

10/30 @ PHI 3/27/0

10/23 vsSTL 2/16/0

10/16 @ NE 7/74/0

Dez Bryant same 5 games:

12/17 @ TB W 4/40/1

12/11 vsNYG 1/50/1

10/30 @ PHI 3/28/0

10/23 vsSTL 5/90/1

10/16 @ NE 4/78/0

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried this last year and received no answer until the outcome was decided (in Dodds' favor), good luck.
Garcon vs Texans: 50 yds, 0 TDs. Didn't see him getting red zone looks. Luckily I ignored the Dodds rankings which had Garcon at #8 earlier. Thanks for the help in the Super Bowl, Mr. Dodds. Did you have your kids turn in the early rankings or what?

Garcon is WR #31 on my rankings page

I guess he updated it after the game? :confused:

Anyway, come on Dodds, you should be able to PREDICT THE FUTURE AND GET ALL YOUR RANKINGS EXACTLY CORRECT! HOW DARE YOU RANK SOMETHING DIFFERENT THAN WHAT THE POPULAR OPINION IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Garcon is WR #31 on my rankings pageI guess he updated it after the game? :confused: Anyway, come on Dodds, you should be able to PREDICT THE FUTURE AND GET ALL YOUR RANKINGS EXACTLY CORRECT! HOW DARE YOU RANK SOMETHING DIFFERENT THAN WHAT THE POPULAR OPINION IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think they are totally justified in asking for an explanation. I think he had Foster behind Helu and CJ3 and Dez at #75 at one point with L Robinson near #60. Lee Evans in the top 15 and Pierre Garcon in the top 10 need to be explained because there are so few factors that point to those being reasonable picks at all

Garcon opened at about 8 on the Dodds rankings. That alone deserves some explanation. He ended up a little over 30 in the Dodds rankings. Pretty bad guessing.

It is Super Bowl week. They should not be mailing it in at FBG. #8 WR, which was the rank at waiver wire time for most? If you are going to go that radical you should explain it.

Garcon was ranked #31You guys gotta do your homework and recheck the rankings, they are updated daily
there could be some sort of explanation at least why Garcon drops from 8th to 31st and Evans drops from 14th to 133rd. what if people use their waiver wire spot on Evans thinking Dodds will have him 14th and dropped some guy he had ranked 75th on Monday (Dez) and then it comes game day and Evans is 133rd and Dez is back up way higher? it's just a poor product that gets put out this week, no way around it

Users who are viewing this thread