What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dodds reading between the cuts (1 Viewer)

mstumpy50

Footballguy
Dodds just out of curiousity with your thoughts on the Bengals.....didn't Watson get cut a couple of weeks ago? Not sure that changes your feelings but wondered if they resigned him. Please advise

Not starting a new thread, no clue where to post it...

thought it was cool the Lions actually beat someone on a trade for a change. Orien Harris was traded from STL to Detroit for Ronald Curry. Curry was cut and Harris will be in DL rotation behind Sammie Hill.

Not starting a new thread, no clue where to post it...thought it was cool the Lions actually beat someone on a trade for a change. Orien Harris was traded from STL to Detroit for Ronald Curry. Curry was cut and Harris will be in DL rotation behind Sammie Hill.
Roy Williams down? Or how bout that time they made Cleveland give their 2nd rounder to move up one pick.

Not starting a new thread, no clue where to post it...thought it was cool the Lions actually beat someone on a trade for a change. Orien Harris was traded from STL to Detroit for Ronald Curry. Curry was cut and Harris will be in DL rotation behind Sammie Hill.
Or it could mean the Lions are so bad that someone who was worthless to the Rams was worth something to them. Since the Rams were plucking guys off of the 49ers practice squad for their roster, that makes the Lions two steps down from a run-of-the-mill bad team.

Roy Williams down? Or how bout that time they made Cleveland give their 2nd rounder to move up one pick.
for a change....

Or it could mean the Lions are so bad that someone who was worthless to the Rams was worth something to them. Since the Rams were plucking guys off of the 49ers practice squad for their roster, that makes the Lions two steps down from a run-of-the-mill bad team.
They have Calvin. Smith and Stafford look legit. I think the offense puts on some points this year. Avril and White are good DL's and Peterson and Sims are good Linebackers. If the Lions OLine keeps the Quarterback on his feet and Schwartz and his coordinators have comprehensive gameplans this team will be much farther along then last year. Unfortunately their schedule is tough for a team having a mountain to climb.

lol...could be

Dodds just out of curiousity with your thoughts on the Bengals.....didn't Watson get cut a couple of weeks ago? Not sure that changes your feelings but wondered if they resigned him. Please advise
I must have had my head down as I never caught this. Tweaking projections now. This changes this comment bigtime as teams usually carry 4 backs.

I changed a few other things in the article too. I thought this needed to be written as these cuts do give us insight as to what might be going on during the season.

thanks, DD. it was an interesting read, esp for someone like me that doesn't really follow football teams all that closely

David Dodds said:
I must have had my head down as I never caught this. Tweaking projections now. This changes this comment bigtime as teams usually carry 4 backs.
:o just read the article and saw nothing. Just in case folks aren't clear here's the Bengals RB situation. Watson was cut weeks ago - I think they already saw the writing on the wall with him and given the professional Watson is they wanted to give him the best possible chance to catch on with another team. The Bengals are in fact carry 4 RB and only 1 FB: Cedric Benson, Bernard Scott, Brian Leonard and DeDe Dorsey at RB and Jeremi Johnson at FB. This was one of the competitions highlighted on Hard Knocks. Basically Dorsey played his way onto the team with superior special teams play and some great breakout runs. Leonard made it based on his pass-catching ability and short-yardage ability. It appeared like the plan was to keep 2 FB. I guess Jeremi Johnson has dedicated himself enough to fend off the 2 young guys (Fui Vakapuna who was a 7th-round pick and totally cut and Chris Pressley who they signed to the practice squad.) While Hard Knocks initially highlighted Johnson advanced weight (he seems to always be way over his ideal playing weight - he even went to the PUP one year for being fat!) they've never gone back to that story line leading me to wonder if he's gotten under control or not. Must be doing something right.Anyhow I don't think it changes the overall situation in Cincy. Benson will be the back for the first 2 downs with Scott generally being the guy to spell him. Dorsey will probably get some looks in 3rd down sets as well. The bigger question will be which guy they will deactivate on game days.-QG

Users who are viewing this thread