What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draft Day! (1 Viewer)

The Dynasty said:
My league has always done it a bit different. Instead of jerseys, everyone shows up in suits and ties (a change of pace for college kids) with briefcases full of cheat sheets. We like to make it feel as professional as possible.
that does not sound fun at all
Maybe not for people that have to dress like that everyday at work. But being college kids we very rarely get to dress up and we look for any excuse. We enjoy the professional and business feeling it gives the league.

The Dynasty said:
My league has always done it a bit different. Instead of jerseys, everyone shows up in suits and ties (a change of pace for college kids) with briefcases full of cheat sheets. We like to make it feel as professional as possible.
that does not sound fun at all
Maybe not for people that have to dress like that everyday at work. But being college kids we very rarely get to dress up and we look for any excuse. We enjoy the professional and business feeling it gives the league.
thats all that matters, you guys enjoy it.personally, i HATE dressing up. my wife tries to get me to, and once in a while i do it to score points.i'm a ratty T-shirt/shorts kinda guy. it's all aboot comfort for this guy!

Maybe I am weird, but I just wear whatever I am wearing that day to the draft. I don't think anyone in the league wore anything different from what they would normally wear on a Saturday afternoon.

Eagles Green Westbrook #36 jersey.

I'm not one of those people who buys a new jersey every time the guy one his current one leaves the team, so this will be my FF-draft costume for the next few years.

MJD #32 jersey.

But a lot of the guys in my draft are also in my hockey pool draft, so I may just show up in a Chicago Blackhawks jersey. :unsure:

My brother-in-law came back from China and brought me back a crapload of jerseys so I usually will wear a jersey of a guy that I don't particularly want to draft to see if I can bait someone else in the league to reach for them. I'll probably wear a Houshmanzedah jersey today. :unsure:

Seymour Corn said:
I usually bring a few different jerseys to the draft. When its time to make my 1st pick, I will excuse myself and go to the restroom (I will stash 3 or 4 different jerseys in the ceiling the night before) and put on the jersey of the player I intend to pick. After a minute or two (building the drama), I'll cruise out wearing the jersey (in '09, M. Forte). Everyone goes nuts, laughing and cheering. It's become a real event for the league and even for the regular bar patrons. This year I am drafting 1.01, so I will just wear my new CJ jersey straight to the bar. Kind of anti-climactic, but it will be nice to not drop $300+ on jerseys I'll never wear.
For real?? What is the buy-in for this league that dropping 3 bills on an annual party shtick is no big thing?

I usually bring a few different jerseys to the draft. When its time to make my 1st pick, I will excuse myself and go to the restroom (I will stash 3 or 4 different jerseys in the ceiling the night before) and put on the jersey of the player I intend to pick. After a minute or two (building the drama), I'll cruise out wearing the jersey (in '09, M. Forte). Everyone goes nuts, laughing and cheering. It's become a real event for the league and even for the regular bar patrons. This year I am drafting 1.01, so I will just wear my new CJ jersey straight to the bar. Kind of anti-climactic, but it will be nice to not drop $300+ on jerseys I'll never wear.
For real?? What is the buy-in for this league that dropping 3 bills on an annual party shtick is no big thing?
The guy picking 1.02 arrived in and ADP jersey yesterday. I think its catching on.

Big Ben #7. I asked our waiter to send over some shots to some lovely coeds and asked where the nearest bathroom was. True story.

Really? Are you the same guys who still bring a glove to a baseball game? Grow up already, Peter Pan, Count Chocula............

The guy picking 1.02 arrived in and ADP jersey yesterday. I think its catching on.
You should have taken ADP at 1.01 just for giggles.

Gebhard #85... thats me :P

and when I won CJ in auction I pulled out Dreads and gold teeth from Party City

You should have taken ADP at 1.01 just for giggles.
I didn't have an ADP jersey, so that would have been impossible.

Users who are viewing this thread