What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draft Dominator Roster Req. (1 Viewer)

Gottabesweet

Footballguy
So I'm curious when setting up the DD values for your own league how does everyone do it?

Example: I'm in a 12 team league where we start QB,RB,WR,TE, 2 FLEX (WR/RB/TE) K DST (ONLY 4 BENCH SPOTS)

Wont get into the scoring details other than 6 per td, and PPR

So assuming the VBD runs correctly I would think Jimmy Graham would be in the top 5-7 picks and a few QB's as well considering the small lineup requirement

Every time I set it up it seems to run pretty basic.

How does every one set up the roster spots column, and "flexed column"

Right now

Starters

1 QB

1 RB

1 WR

1 TE

2 FLEX (WR,RB,TE)

K

D

What do you put for the roster requirements as most leagues bench doesn't have any we have only 4 bench spots and have large transaction fees for add/drops.

Also would you only check-mark TE,WR,RB for flexed? or leave it.

Any help would be appreciated.

edit to add: if you keep your roster requirement column the same as the starters you basically will be drafting the best starting point value roster? With a limited bench of 4 spots best player available maybe this would be the proper way?

Leaving the flex spots unchecked resulted in Graham 1, and 3 QB's in the top 10.

Last edited by a moderator:
there's a separate forum, but i cant leave a fellow bills fan hanging.

how many qb/d/k do you generally roster? set starters to 1 and roster spots to whatever you normally roster (2 for qb and 1 for k and d would be my guess)

set starters for rb/wr/te to 1, set flex starters to 2, check the boxes in the rb/wr/te spots.

for rb/wr/te roster spots, set the number artificially high, 9 or so, so the program doesn't limit you.

The results when I set the flex spot come out kind of weird to me, so instead I use decimals for the other positions. For example, I 'm in a 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1TE, 1 FLEX (RB, WR, or TE), 1 KI, 1 DT league. I set the DD to 1 QB, 1.4 RB, 2.3 WR, 1.3 TE, 1 KI, 1 DT. When I do this the rankings make more sense to me.

My league is full point PPR and I have the following roster composition:

QB 1

RB 1

RB/WR 1

WR 2

WR/TE 1

TE 1

D/ST 1

K 1

Basically, I've set each position so that X = 1 .: X/Y = 0.5X

Thus, in Draft Dominator, I set RBs to 1.5, WRs to 3.0, TE to 1.50 and Flex to 1.0 with RB/WR/TE checked off for Flex. Here is a pic of my DD setup.

I have Flex set to 1, and the RB/WR/TE checked off for Flex, and this gives me what I perceive to be decent rankings, and good auction values, though perhaps it slightly overvalues WRs (AP & Calvin Johnson at $51; Calvin should be close to AP in PPR, especially in a PPR where I can potentially start 5 WRs, but I don't think he should be my #2 player).

If I change the formula to X=1 .: X/Y 0.5X, X/Y/Z=0.33X and increase the flex box to 2 or 3, I get better rankings, but funny auction values (AP is set at $43, and Calvin Johnson at $38). When I uncheck the Flex boxes and reduce the flex from 3 to 0 I get funky rankings (QBs get pushed way up) but I also get more realistic auction values (AP at $50). So the aforementioned settings seem the most realistic.

bandarbush,

Most likely, you are going to be using a RB for the RB/WR flex and a WR for the WR/TE flex. I would try entering the starters as QB=1, RB=2, WR=3, TE=1, D/ST=1, K=1, and Flex=0, and see how it looks.

If you really want to use flex, I would enter it something like: QB=1, RB=1, WR=3, TE=1, and Flex=1, with the RB, WR, and TE flexed boxes checked.

bandarbush,

Most likely, you are going to be using a RB for the RB/WR flex and a WR for the WR/TE flex. I would try entering the starters as QB=1, RB=2, WR=3, TE=1, D/ST=1, K=1, and Flex=0, and see how it looks.

If you really want to use flex, I would enter it something like: QB=1, RB=1, WR=3, TE=1, and Flex=1, with the RB, WR, and TE flexed boxes checked.
Thanks Bruce!

EVERYONE FOLLOW BRUCE'S ADVICE! HE WROTE THE SOFTWARE!

Users who are viewing this thread