What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draft Dominator (1 Viewer)

bbuster

Footballguy
DD is a great tool to use, especially for "live" computer drafts. It's an easy way to keep track of players and make your pick in the alloted time. My problem is with the mock drafts. Can someone tell me how to make the mocks at least slightly similar to a real draft? Each year it seems to get further away from reality. The scoring for my league is QB .04/1 yd 5 pt TD's -1 int It is a PPR league with WR/TE getting 1 PPR and RB gets .5 PPR. Standard yardage points and 6 pt TD's. Starting lineup is 1 QB 1RB 2WR 1TE 1K 1DST 2Flex WR/TE/RB WR position does usually go quickly, but definitely not anything like the DD mock. I decided to run one without any input from me and here is the result of the 1st round.

1.1 Fitz

1.2 A. Johnson

1.3 R.Moss

1.4 Brady

1.5 Cal. Johnson

1.6 Witten

1.7 Brees

1.8 S. Smith

1.9 R. White

1.10 R. Wayne

1.11 A. Peterson

1.12 G. Jennings

This is obviously not anything like a real draft would go. The most obvious being Witten with the 6th overall pick and AP lasting until 1.11. I have checked and rechecked the scoring to make sure I entered correctly. In the VBD section I checked Joe's secret formula...is that my mistake? I tried another mock where I manually picked the first couple of rounds and was going to just make my picks for the rest of the draft. I was pretty surprised when I got to the 5th round and DD recommended I take Gostkowski with my 5.5 pick. I've never been one to rely on DD when making my picks, so that's not really the problem.

I just want to run some mocks that come out a bit closer to the real thing. Can someone give me some suggestions?

I think in "Setup" there is an option for "always draft by ADP" or something like that. For mock drafts, it will make the other teams draft by ADP rather than "best value."

DD is a great tool to use, especially for "live" computer drafts. It's an easy way to keep track of players and make your pick in the alloted time. My problem is with the mock drafts. Can someone tell me how to make the mocks at least slightly similar to a real draft? Each year it seems to get further away from reality. The scoring for my league is QB .04/1 yd 5 pt TD's -1 int It is a PPR league with WR/TE getting 1 PPR and RB gets .5 PPR. Standard yardage points and 6 pt TD's. Starting lineup is 1 QB 1RB 2WR 1TE 1K 1DST 2Flex WR/TE/RB WR position does usually go quickly, but definitely not anything like the DD mock. I decided to run one without any input from me and here is the result of the 1st round.1.1 Fitz1.2 A. Johnson1.3 R.Moss1.4 Brady1.5 Cal. Johnson1.6 Witten1.7 Brees1.8 S. Smith1.9 R. White1.10 R. Wayne1.11 A. Peterson1.12 G. JenningsThis is obviously not anything like a real draft would go. The most obvious being Witten with the 6th overall pick and AP lasting until 1.11. I have checked and rechecked the scoring to make sure I entered correctly. In the VBD section I checked Joe's secret formula...is that my mistake? I tried another mock where I manually picked the first couple of rounds and was going to just make my picks for the rest of the draft. I was pretty surprised when I got to the 5th round and DD recommended I take Gostkowski with my 5.5 pick. I've never been one to rely on DD when making my picks, so that's not really the problem.I just want to run some mocks that come out a bit closer to the real thing. Can someone give me some suggestions?
yeah. under SETUP when you input the owner. Have them all draft from "diffrent lists" ie the guy in your league (or2) in your league who might just pick up a magazine list as MAGAZINES. Blad guys, math with ADP, shark give em VBD, etc, but I find if you mess around with those, the drafts are more realistic, and not straight down the VBD. There are about 5-6 different possible "baselines"

Last edited by a moderator:
under SETUP when you input the owner. Have them all draft from "diffrent lists" ie the guy in your league (or2) in your league who might just pick up a magazine list as MAGAZINES. Blad guys, math with ADP, shark give em VBD, etc, but I find if you mess around with those, the drafts are more realistic, and not straight down the VBD. There are about 5-6 different possible "baselines"
This is where you do it...Go to File -- Setup -- on General Tab, under Misc., check "Draft Other Teams by ADP"Go to the Team Names tab, change the ADP List for Mocks to what you think they will use. They just added PPR options under what Lists to use.If you don't like the player selected by the My Mock Draft...'undo last pick' until you get to where you want to go, manually choose a handful, then restart the My Mock Draft.I had a similar issue with the app taking two QBs too early, which I found to be unreasonable...

Users who are viewing this thread