What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draft results from last night (1 Viewer)

flyingsushi

Footballguy
What is your opinion?  This is my team from last nights draft.  I had the #2 pick.  

10 team league.  Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D/ST

QB .04pts per yd.  4pts=TD  -1pt per INT       RB/WR .1pt per yd.  6pts=TD  -2pts per fumble       K 3pts=FB then 31-99yds X .15pts

D  1pt INT, 2pt fumble recover, 1pt sack, 6pts TD.....We also give pts for and have negative pts for defensive pts allowed, I am too lazy to look it up.  

QB, J. Winston

RB, L.Bell,   M. Lynch,  C. Mcaffrey,  M. Ingram, D. Sproles,  Z. Zenner, TJ Yeldon  

WR,  AJ Green, T. Hill,  L. Fitzerald,  B. Marshall,  T. Williams,  E.  Decker,  A. Thielen, 

TE,  M.  Bennett   K. Rudolph

K,  M. Crosby

D/ST  Missesota  Arizona  

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it.  Looks like you waited on qb/te ....which is a strategy I use alot.  Especially like bell/Mcaffrey, n lynch as big 3 at rb....... you will need T. Hill to bust out....and I have alot of shares of him.  How in the world did you get A.J. Green...which I assume you took in the 2nd?

I like it.  Looks like you waited on qb/te ....which is a strategy I use alot.  Especially like bell/Mcaffrey, n lynch as big 3 at rb....... you will need T. Hill to bust out....and I have alot of shares of him.  How in the world did you get A.J. Green...which I assume you took in the 2nd?
I always try to wait as long as possible on QBs.  My original plan was to wait even longer and target P. Rivers and P. Manning.  Waiting on QBs is the single best recipe for success in my opinion.  I am on the fence with Hill, but I feel very good about Fitz and Marshall being there.  In a league like this, Green can slip in the 2nd round if 2QBs get drafted.  Also, if someone takes Gronk.  In this particular league my opponents seem to have more value on RBs than what they should, so they are always reaching for bad value too early in the draft for RBs.  I worry about Mcaffrey though.  I feel like Cam Newton is a fantasy killer for his teammates.  The way he plays takes fantasy points away from RBs and until he learns to play in the pocket more, I feel like RBs suffer at his expense.  

Thanks for the input.  

Hard for me to judge 10 team leagues, but seems a little weak at RB for a 10-teamer. Lynch likely on a "pitch count" according to the Raiders & CMC is a mystery until we see real games. So far it's been a timeshare with JStew who will likely get short yardage work. 

Same with the wideouts - other than AJ Green of course.

Maybe the best way to rate it would be to say that I'd like this team much more for a 12-team league than a 10-teamer

good luck! 

I honestly think it's very iffy after Bell and Green.  Getting those two in the first two rounds is a slam dunk.  Tons of question marks in most other places.  Hill is solid but hoping for a "bust out" from a guy catching passes from Alex Smith?  Lynch should be good for 10 TD's but I also have heard of a pitch count.  YOu do have a lot of nice depth at RB and WR, but you obviously should in a 10 teamer.

As long as Winston stays solid you'll be fine.

Please see mine.

I always try to wait as long as possible on QBs.  My original plan was to wait even longer and target P. Rivers and P. Manning.  Waiting on QBs is the single best recipe for success in my opinion.  I am on the fence with Hill, but I feel very good about Fitz and Marshall being there.  In a league like this, Green can slip in the 2nd round if 2QBs get drafted.  Also, if someone takes Gronk.  In this particular league my opponents seem to have more value on RBs than what they should, so they are always reaching for bad value too early in the draft for RBs.  I worry about Mcaffrey though.  I feel like Cam Newton is a fantasy killer for his teammates.  The way he plays takes fantasy points away from RBs and until he learns to play in the pocket more, I feel like RBs suffer at his expense.  

Thanks for the input.  
I still don't see how AJ Green could fall to the 19th pick.  It would take a lot of QB's to be taken to lead to that.  Good for you but it is very shocking.

Users who are viewing this thread