What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Drafting after Week 1 (1 Viewer)

Dickie Dunn

Footballguy
I'm running into some conflicts in one of my established leagues, and we're having a real hard time hammering out a replacement date for our draft before next Thursday.

Has anyone ever tried drafting after the first game has kicked off? How much could it affect things in a H2H league if people already know the results of the games?

EDIT: Decision made to draft after Week 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would think it would turn out OK, barring any season-ending injuries. It will probably be about like the week-1 waiver wire flurry for whoever does good in the Thursday night game...that couple of week-1 wonders might get drafted where they normally wouldn't have, but other than that, I'd figure it would work out about the same.

But how are you going to handle the scoring for them?

I was thinking we might have to adjust the schedule to skip Week 1 completely. It could be done.

Just wondering if anyone else had experience doing something like this.

The World CHampionship of Fantasy Football (WCOFF) always drafts on teh Sat after the opening Thursday game...

Everyone has access to the first game's stats...

Not sure why it wouldn't be fine...

:shrug:

I've drafted on a Saturday after the Thursday game. It's really no big deal. It actually adds a little strategy -- do you reach for a marginal player who had a big game on Thursday (e.g. Courtney Anderson a few years ago)? But the studs are going to be studs no matter what happens in that game, so it won't have any effect on the draft until you get to the later rounds.

Updated first post to note that we have decided to hold the draft during the week after Week 1's games.

So the next question should be: If anyone have ever done this, how much does your strategy change if you know the results of Week 1 games? (We won't be using Week 1 in our schedule.)

Users who are viewing this thread