What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Drafting with guppies (1 Viewer)

It is a private yahoo league... we do have fcfs waivers so I got and gave been riding Morris though I benched him this week for Benson and forte

I have 4 WRs in the top 22 (more than any other team)...Amendola 6; Thomas 12; Lance Moore 15; Jordy 22

I have 2 RBs in the top 20 ... Morris is 11; Benson is 20

Breed is #3 Qb with 109 pts....RG3 is 3 pts ahead and Ryan us 10 Pts ahead of Brees

How are you 3-1 with that team? I'm guessing you're that lucky team that's playing the lowest scoring team every week. For this season, the fantasy football gods hate me and I play the highest scoring in every damn league every damn week even if I'm one of the top 3 scores.

How are you 3-1 with that team? I'm guessing you're that lucky team that's playing the lowest scoring team every week. For this season, the fantasy football gods hate me and I play the highest scoring in every damn league every damn week even if I'm one of the top 3 scores.
See above ..my Qb is #3 and my 4 Wrs are studs....3 of them in t op 15... I bet you do not know Amendila and Lance Moore are top 15 WRs in the first 4 weeks

See above ..my Qb is #3 and my 4 Wrs are studs....3 of them in t op 15... I bet you do not know Amendila and Lance Moore are top 15 WRs in the first 4 weeks
I bet you did not start Moore in at least 3 of those weeks.

This is the same troll who has been calling people dumb for drafting Mathews. Given this total crapola team in a guppy league, he should perhaps keep his opinions to himself.

Way to be proud of rolling out Alfred Morris and Benson as your top 2 backs in a guppy league! Killin em! :thumbup:

QB: Brees (1.6)RB: Forte (2.7); Isaac Redman (6.7), Kevin Smith (8.7), Ryan Williams (9.6), Benson (13.6), Rashad Jennings (16.7) WR: Jordy Nelson (3.6), Demaryus Thomas (4.7), Kenny Britt (7.6), Amendola (10.7), Lance Moore (12.7)TE: Antonio Gates (5.6), Jacon Tamme (11.6)K: Gostowski (14.7)D: Cincy (15.6), Minnesota (17.6)
not a very good team after all

QB: Brees (1.6)RB: Forte (2.7); Isaac Redman (6.7), Kevin Smith (8.7), Ryan Williams (9.6), Benson (13.6), Rashad Jennings (16.7) WR: Jordy Nelson (3.6), Demaryus Thomas (4.7), Kenny Britt (7.6), Amendola (10.7), Lance Moore (12.7)TE: Antonio Gates (5.6), Jacon Tamme (11.6)K: Gostowski (14.7)D: Cincy (15.6), Minnesota (17.6)
QB BreesRB A Morris / Ry. WilliamsRB Forte / BensonWR Thomas / BrittWR Nelson FLEX Amendola / L MooreTE Gates with a possible upgrade at TE if Gates continues to struggle - I'd gladly roll with that team...

QB BreesRB A Morris / Ry. WilliamsRB Forte / BensonWR Thomas / BrittWR Nelson FLEX Amendola / L MooreTE Gates with a possible upgrade at TE if Gates continues to struggle - I'd gladly roll with that team...
I would expect more drafting in a guppy league. If he doesn't get a yahtzee on waivers this team is laughable.

Yep it happens. Had a draft the other week where 49er D went in round 5. Round 9, 7 kickers were drafted in a 10 team league, I mean really? This is called a so called "winners" league. I was more than happy to wait on kickers and D until my last few rounds. I didnt take D and cut my K straight after the draft to pick up guys to watch in pre-season. The guy who drafted AP in the 2nd didnt get Gerhart as I picked him up in the 2nd to last round.Oh I had the 1st overall pick.1. (1) Arian Foster RB2. (20) Victor Cruz WR3. (21) Greg Jennings WR4. (40) Steven Jackson RB5. (41) Antonio Gates TE6. (60) Peyton Manning QB7. (61) Stevie Johnson WR8. (80) Isaac Redman RB9. (81) Torrey Smith WR10. (100) David Wilson RB11. (101) Ben Tate RB12. (120) Neil Rackers K13. (121) Titus Young WR14. (140) Toby Gerhart RB15. (141) Danny Amendola WRI snagged Kevin Smith off waivers too.
boy you're a real genius at ff. i bet you're not in first place in this "guppy league"

I bet you did not start Moore in at least 3 of those weeks.
I started Moore or Amendola every week at flex....both have been great.

I hope you learned a couple of lessons with this thread.

1. FF (and the NFL) is so unpredictable and fluid, judging your team before the games are played is about as valuable as the pre-season rankings.

2. Judging other people's picks/drafts and making statements like "all my leaguemates are guppies" is a jack-### thing to do.

3. Posting "look at me", "I'm awesome" and "check out these fools" threads rarely end well; this one seems to have backfired comically.

'MarcO said:
True drafing w/ Guppies right here, except i did it with 16 teams to make it harder2-2 however I'm the 2nd highest scorerQB / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / PK / DEF / 8 BN4 pt Passing TDs / .2 comp / .2 ru attempt / 1 PPRQB: Joe Flacco, Sam BradfordRB: Arian Foster, Darren Sproles, C.J. Spiller, Mark Ingram, Ronnie HillmanWR: Hakeem Nicks, Dwayne Bowe, Austin Collie, Jerome Simpson, Leonard Hankerson, Lestar JeanTE: Jason Witten, Jacob TammePK: Matt PraterTD: Atlanta Falcons, Miami Dolphinswas 1.04 but Foster fell to me, 2 QBs taken then Rice1. (4) Arian Foster RB 2. (29) Darren Sproles RB 3. (36) Hakeem Nicks WR 4. (61) Dwayne Bowe WR 5. (68) Jason Witten TE 6. (93) C.J. Spiller RB 7. (100) Jacob Tamme TE 8. (125) Mark Ingram RB 9. (132) Joe Flacco QB 10. (157) Austin Collie WR 11. (164) Ronnie Hillman RB 12. (189) Jerome Simpson WR 13. (196) Sam Bradford QB 14. (221) Leonard Hankerson WR 15. (228) Matt Prater K 16. (253) Miami DEF 17. (260) Atlanta DEF 18. (285) Lestar Jean WR my notiable WW pick ups are Tucker from Balt, Avery and Myers

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the same troll who has been calling people dumb for drafting Mathews. Given this total crapola team in a guppy league, he should perhaps keep his opinions to himself.Way to be proud of rolling out Alfred Morris and Benson as your top 2 backs in a guppy league! Killin em! :thumbup:
Forte died?

You want a good headache....get into a guppies league and I guarantee you will not know what to do when it is your turn to draft. Tonight I had my draft with a league that I am in for many years now. It is friends from work and we have a great time....but the value that falls in these drafts and the mistakes that are made are hilarious. Here are some salient features of this draft which will help you get ready for such a draft:- Someone drafted Matt Bryant - K, ATL in the 3rd round (3.01) thinking he was drafting Matt Ryan, QB Atl. And this is an online draft on yahoo so I am not sure how he went and searched for Matt bryant.- Someone drafted Ryan Grant late - The guy who drafted MJD at 1.12 did not get Jennings and I get him in the 16th round.- This draft always has a run on QBs. So knowing that, I drafted Brees with 1.06 after the first 5 picks were top 3 RBs and Rodgers + Brady. Guess who goes 1.09 and 1.11 => Stafford and Cam Newton. Now it is a 6 pt/TD league but really? - Brandon Marshall went 2.01 which is not all that bad. - Mike Turner and Frank Gore went 3.5 and 3.9, before Charles, Ryan Matthews, Steven Jackson etc- Greg Jennings went 2.4One team (49 er homer) actually drafted as follows from 1.09:Stafford => Greg Jennings => Frank Gore => San Fran D (yes in the 4th round) => Vernon Davis => Vincent Jackson => David Akers => Andrew Luck => Mike Tolbert => Mario Manningham => Gresham => Houston D => Laurent Robinson => Dexter McCluster => Burleson => Mike Nugent => Bernard ScottI am still staring at her team on the screen completely perplexed at the incompetency of FF drafting. If this team above wins it all, I will never ever play FF again....I mean it. Sorry I had to share this experience with some folks. While I am still in shock at the craziness that ensued at the draft, I landed up with the following team from 1.06. This is a 1 Qb, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB, TE, D, K league:QB: Brees (1.6)RB: Forte (2.7); Isaac Redman (6.7), Kevin Smith (8.7), Ryan Williams (9.6), Benson (13.6), Rashad Jennings (16.7) WR: Jordy Nelson (3.6), Demaryus Thomas (4.7), Kenny Britt (7.6), Amendola (10.7), Lance Moore (12.7)TE: Antonio Gates (5.6), Jacon Tamme (11.6)K: Gostowski (14.7)D: Cincy (15.6), Minnesota (17.6)
YOU WILL NOT WIN THIS LEAGUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will not win your league. You are the GUPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'LarryAllen said:
I hope you learned a couple of lessons with this thread.1. FF (and the NFL) is so unpredictable and fluid, judging your team before the games are played is about as valuable as the pre-season rankings.2. Judging other people's picks/drafts and making statements like "all my leaguemates are guppies" is a jack-### thing tgoi3. Posting "look at me", "I'm awesome" and "check out these fools" threads rarely end well; this one seems to have backfired comically.
I am tied for first at 3-1.... lot of football left but Brees Morris Forte Jordy Demaryus Amendila Gates is not a bad line up......with Benson and Moore as flex back up......and this is despite Gates not being himself yet .......and despite Brittle not having done much yet

'LarryAllen said:
I hope you learned a couple of lessons with this thread.1. FF (and the NFL) is so unpredictable and fluid, judging your team before the games are played is about as valuable as the pre-season rankings.2. Judging other people's picks/drafts and making statements like "all my leaguemates are guppies" is a jack-### thing tgoi3. Posting "look at me", "I'm awesome" and "check out these fools" threads rarely end well; this one seems to have backfired comically.
I am tied for first at 3-1.... lot of football left but Brees Morris Forte Jordy Demaryus Amendila Gates is not a bad line up......with Benson and Moore as flex back up......and this is despite Gates not being himself yet .......and despite Brittle not having done much yet
You got possibly an RB1 on the WW. I'd hardly call that drafting with guppies, just playing in a league where you have a pulse. You had a good draft but nothing special. Congrats on being 3-1 but records are hardly the tell tale of a teams strength. Some guy is 4-0 with the 6th most points in a 12 team league. I'm not sure Jordy rebounds much, and Amendola's value in a non-PPR is still up for debate. Better hope Shanahanigans don't occur and I think some on here would call you the guppy for drafting Gates and Brittle and expecting more than this out of them.

Um...did I say I don't know how Amendola and Moore have been doing well fantasy-wise? No...nice job on completely ignoring what I did say.For example...in my redraft 12-team league, I am 5th highest in PF...and I'm consistent...I didn't have ONE big game. Yet, I am 1-3 and in 8th place...while the 2nd place guy who is currently undefeated is 7th in PF.

My usual starting lineup: Joe Flacco, Jordy Nelson, Torrey Smith, Dez Bryant, Maurice Jones-Drew, Stevan Ridley, Rob Gronkowski...I play matchup with my kickers and DEF/ST.

I've played the week's highest scoring team three weeks in the first four weeks.

In my 10-team dynasty league, I have the highest total PF by 130+ points. I played the week's highest scoring team, two weeks in a row...teams who have never scored that many points in a single game in the past 3 years. I'm 2-2 in the league. It's a PPR league.

My usual starting lineup: Aaron Rodgers, Arian Foster, LeSean McCoy, Victor Cruz, Jimmy Graham, Rob Gronkowski, Jason Hanson

The league also starts coaches, punters, offensive linemen, and IDP, but they don't make as much of an impact as the offensive players.

So basically in my two leagues, I am 3-5...my 5 losses coming when I played the highest scoring team that week even though I score high myself.

I'm guessing you're the lucky one who gets to play the teams that have bad weeks. And yes, I was second in scoring most of those losing weeks. I was second in scoring for both of my teams this week also...and I won only one of them... :rant: :rant: :rant:

In the end, even though you're 3-1 and I'm 2-2 and 1-3 with my teams, I'm sure more people would bet on my teams making it to the playoffs by the end of the season before betting on yours. And my 1st team was a redraft...and they were all drafted by me, so I didn't have to make pickups to shore up a position like you had to because I didn't draft like a guppy. I just play against very lucky guppies.

I'm also confused how FOUR of your WRs can be studs when only THREE of them are in the top 15 of their position? Also, being top 15 at a position in only 4 weeks of the season, doesn't make the player a stud.

You got possibly an RB1 on the WW. I'd hardly call that drafting with guppies, just playing in a league where you have a pulse. You had a good draft but nothing special. Congrats on being 3-1 but records are hardly the tell tale of a teams strength. Some guy is 4-0 with the 6th most points in a 12 team league. I'm not sure Jordy rebounds much, and Amendola's value in a non-PPR is still up for debate. Better hope Shanahanigans don't occur and I think some on here would call you the guppy for drafting Gates and Brittle and expecting more than this out of them.
I agree I got lucky with Morris at the WW (RB was by far my weakest position).....Keeping my fingers crossed with Shanny :) .... though Forte should do much better than he has until now and so should Jordy, Gates and Britt. That will make up for any regression to the mean from Lance Moore and Amendola....

Um...did I say I don't know how Amendola and Moore have been doing well fantasy-wise? No...nice job on completely ignoring what I did say.For example...in my redraft 12-team league, I am 5th highest in PF...and I'm consistent...I didn't have ONE big game. Yet, I am 1-3 and in 8th place...while the 2nd place guy who is currently undefeated is 7th in PF.

My usual starting lineup: Joe Flacco, Jordy Nelson, Torrey Smith, Dez Bryant, Maurice Jones-Drew, Stevan Ridley, Rob Gronkowski...I play matchup with my kickers and DEF/ST.

I've played the week's highest scoring team three weeks in the first four weeks.

In my 10-team dynasty league, I have the highest total PF by 130+ points. I played the week's highest scoring team, two weeks in a row...teams who have never scored that many points in a single game in the past 3 years. I'm 2-2 in the league. It's a PPR league.

My usual starting lineup: Aaron Rodgers, Arian Foster, LeSean McCoy, Victor Cruz, Jimmy Graham, Rob Gronkowski, Jason Hanson

The league also starts coaches, punters, offensive linemen, and IDP, but they don't make as much of an impact as the offensive players.

So basically in my two leagues, I am 3-5...my 5 losses coming when I played the highest scoring team that week even though I score high myself.

I'm guessing you're the lucky one who gets to play the teams that have bad weeks. And yes, I was second in scoring most of those losing weeks. I was second in scoring for both of my teams this week also...and I won only one of them... :rant: :rant: :rant:

In the end, even though you're 3-1 and I'm 2-2 and 1-3 with my teams, I'm sure more people would bet on my teams making it to the playoffs by the end of the season before betting on yours. And my 1st team was a redraft...and they were all drafted by me, so I didn't have to make pickups to shore up a position like you had to because I didn't draft like a guppy. I just play against very lucky guppies.

I'm also confused how FOUR of your WRs can be studs when only THREE of them are in the top 15 of their position? Also, being top 15 at a position in only 4 weeks of the season, doesn't make the player a stud.
So you are basically telling me how head to head leagues have some timing luck associated with it? Umm....ok....thanks for the education. I have been on the other side of things too. But like I said, I am 3-1 despite having little to no production from Gates, Forte and Britt. I expect at least Gates and Forte to have stronger rest of the seasons compared to their 1st 4 weeks....if Britt is healthy, with Hasselbeck, I expect him to rebound well too.

Ok the definition of stud is subjective....what I meant to say was having 4 WRs in the top 22 in a PPR league where I can start 3 (and have been) every week is a good situation to have. Not to mention they are all consistent with not too many clunkers in there from either of these 4 in a PPR.

You are not allowed to view this page because you are not in this league.
:sadbanana:
Yeah I figured....
Post a link to the recaps of your weekly matchups. Just copy and paste the links of them

EDIT: I'll do it for you: Week 4 Recap Da Bearssss would have beaten only three other teams besides Da BoyZ this week.

Week 3 Da Bearssss would have lost to six other teams besides Steel Champs Again this week

Week 2 Da Bearssss would have beaten only two other teams besides CutlerTICEEEE rockss this week.

Week 1 Da Bearssss would have beaten eight other teams besides Fumbleroosky this week.

My thoughts: Your team should be 1-3...you should be in the bottom half of your league GUPPY!

Yeah I figured....
Post a link to the recaps of your weekly matchups. Just copy and paste the links of them

EDIT: I'll do it for you: Week 4 Recap Da Bearssss would have beaten only three other teams besides Da BoyZ this week.

Week 3 Da Bearssss would have lost to six other teams besides Steel Champs Again this week

Week 2 Da Bearssss would have beaten only two other teams besides CutlerTICEEEE rockss this week.

Week 1 Da Bearssss would have beaten eight other teams besides Fumbleroosky this week.

My thoughts: Your team should be 1-3...you should be in the bottom half of your league GUPPY!
Woulda coulda shoulda....everyone thought I was lying. Thanks for poisting those...it proves I am 3-1. And this is despite me not having the time to bench Gates in the game he got scratched late (got a 0) and bad starts from Forte, Gates, Britt. I will keep updating rest of the year, but all I heard was how this team had no chance, and yet, here I am tied for 1st ....

Congrats on having the best schedule in your league of guppies.

*If Da Bearssss had played every team in the league each week, they would be 20-24.*

Yeah I figured....

Woulda coulda shoulda....everyone thought I was lying. Thanks for poisting those...it proves I am 3-1. And this is despite me not having the time to bench Gates in the game he got scratched late (got a 0) and bad starts from Forte, Gates, Britt. I will keep updating rest of the year, but all I heard was how this team had no chance, and yet, here I am tied for 1st ....
Not trying to pile on, but you went from "Here's what happens when you draft with guppies" to "nobody thought my Cinderella team had a chance."

You went from expected pack-leader to scrappy also-ran overachiever in your own words. A lot can happen in four weeks, eh?

Yeah I figured....

Not trying to pile on, but you went from "Here's what happens when you draft with guppies" to "nobody thought my Cinderella team had a chance."

You went from expected pack-leader to scrappy also-ran overachiever in your own words. A lot can happen in four weeks, eh?
Looking back at the draft, I agree I could have done better. It was just a wierd draft is all I was trying to say at the outset and there were people taking Kickers trying to take QBs etc etc. And I am guaranteed to go 4-1 this week because I play that awful team that drafted the Niners D and all Niners players .... her team is as follows for my match up (and I was told earlier in this thread....bored to go find it now....that I had no chance against that team either)....and this team is 1-3 .... while so many shark told me she had a better team than me .... :lol: Stafford - Bye

Vincent Jackson - Bye

Greg Jennings - Out?

Frank Gore - Buf

Joique Bell - Bye

vernon Davis - Bye

Burleson - Bye

Mike Tolbert - Sea

Laurent Robinson - Out vs Chi

McCluster - Balt

Manningham - Buf

Luck - GB

Gresham - Mia

Akers - Buf

Nugent - Mia

San Fran D - Buf

Houston D - NYJ

Yeah I figured....

I still expect to be a pack-leader. My 2nd best player (Forte; since Brees would be my best player IMHO) has not had one great game yet in 4 weeks due to injury. It can only get better now.

Congrats on having the best schedule in your league of guppies.*If Da Bearssss had played every team in the league each week, they would be 20-24.*
Those kinda breaks even out in a season....me getting a 0 for Gates being a late scratch or Forte getting injured also count as breaks that even out in a season....if you were any good at FF, you would recognize that is part of head to head leagues.

Yeah I figured....

Looking back at the draft, I agree I could have done better. It was just a wierd draft is all I was trying to say at the outset and there were people taking Kickers trying to take QBs etc etc. And I am guaranteed to go 4-1 this week because I play that awful team that drafted the Niners D and all Niners players .... her team is as follows for my match up (and I was told earlier in this thread....bored to go find it now....that I had no chance against that team either)....and this team is 1-3 .... while so many shark told me she had a better team than me .... :lol: Stafford - Bye

Vincent Jackson - Bye

Greg Jennings - Out?

Frank Gore - Buf

Joique Bell - Bye

vernon Davis - Bye

Burleson - Bye

Mike Tolbert - Sea

McCluster - Balt

Manningham - Buf

Luck - GB

Gresham - Mia

Akers - Buf

Nugent - Mia

San Fran D - Buf

Houston D - NYJ
Do you realize that there are thousands of leagues like this where people don't necessarily take fantasy football seriously. Not sure why you were so compelled to start a thread about this particular one.

Yeah I figured....

Vincent Jackson - Bye

Greg Jennings - Out?

Frank Gore - Buf

Joique Bell - Bye

vernon Davis - Bye

Burleson - Bye

Mike Tolbert - Sea

McCluster - Balt

Manningham - Buf

Luck - GB

Gresham - Mia

Akers - Buf

Nugent - Mia

San Fran D - Buf

Houston D - NYJ
GOOD FOR YOU! YOURE THE BEST!

Congrats on having the best schedule in your league of guppies.*If Da Bearssss had played every team in the league each week, they would be 20-24.*
Those kinda breaks even out in a season....me getting a 0 for Gates being a late scratch or Forte getting injured also count as breaks that even out in a season....if you were any good at FF, you would recognize that is part of head to head leagues.
If you were good enough to dominate the "guppies" like you claim, you should have enough depth to have an all-play record of better than 20-24, especially when four of those wins (I would assume) are against a person who drafted almost all 49ers.Yeah, you're 3-1, but it's sheer luck based on your opponent. Good for you for winning three games, but you're clearly note dominating these "guppies".

If you were good enough to dominate the "guppies" like you claim, you should have enough depth to have an all-play record of better than 20-24, especially when four of those wins (I would assume) are against a person who drafted almost all 49ers.
u don't dominate guppies, guppies dominate u.

Psssshhh... you think that's cool, try drafting with MINNOWS.

Check out my squad from my 12-teamer with a bunch of noobs:

QB- Matt Cassel, Kellen Clemens

RB- Jahvid Best (lol, can u believe he was DROPPED), Jon Dwyer, David Wilson (my sneaky sleeper!), Ben tate

WR- Dwayne Bowe, Bo Derek, Beau Bridges, Jon Baldwin (upside anyone?)

TE- Dennis Pitta (he's a top-14 TE that I was able to get in the 7th ROUND! Booyah)

K- matchups

D- matchups

I'm in first place and 4-0!!!

All the other teams forget to put anyone in their starting lineups, so they get zeros every week! Hey minnows....you can't score points from your bench!

I AM SUCH A CHAMPION!

You want a good headache....get into a guppies league and I guarantee you will not know what to do when it is your turn to draft. Tonight I had my draft with a league that I am in for many years now. It is friends from work and we have a great time....but the value that falls in these drafts and the mistakes that are made are hilarious. Here are some salient features of this draft which will help you get ready for such a draft:

- Someone drafted Matt Bryant - K, ATL in the 3rd round (3.01) thinking he was drafting Matt Ryan, QB Atl. And this is an online draft on yahoo so I am not sure how he went and searched for Matt bryant.

- Someone drafted Ryan Grant late

- The guy who drafted MJD at 1.12 did not get Jennings and I get him in the 16th round.

- This draft always has a run on QBs. So knowing that, I drafted Brees with 1.06 after the first 5 picks were top 3 RBs and Rodgers + Brady. Guess who goes 1.09 and 1.11 => Stafford and Cam Newton. Now it is a 6 pt/TD league but really?

- Brandon Marshall went 2.01 which is not all that bad.

- Mike Turner and Frank Gore went 3.5 and 3.9, before Charles, Ryan Matthews, Steven Jackson etc

- Greg Jennings went 2.4

One team (49 er homer) actually drafted as follows from 1.09:

Stafford => Greg Jennings => Frank Gore => San Fran D (yes in the 4th round) => Vernon Davis => Vincent Jackson => David Akers => Andrew Luck => Mike Tolbert => Mario Manningham => Gresham => Houston D => Laurent Robinson => Dexter McCluster => Burleson => Mike Nugent => Bernard Scott

I am still staring at her team on the screen completely perplexed at the incompetency of FF drafting. If this team above wins it all, I will never ever play FF again....I mean it.

Sorry I had to share this experience with some folks. While I am still in shock at the craziness that ensued at the draft, I landed up with the following team from 1.06. This is a 1 Qb, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB, TE, D, K league:

QB: Brees (1.6)

RB: Forte (2.7); Isaac Redman (6.7), Kevin Smith (8.7), Ryan Williams (9.6), Benson (13.6), Rashad Jennings (16.7)

WR: Jordy Nelson (3.6), Demaryus Thomas (4.7), Kenny Britt (7.6), Amendola (10.7), Lance Moore (12.7)

TE: Antonio Gates (5.6), Jacon Tamme (11.6)

K: Gostowski (14.7)

D: Cincy (15.6), Minnesota (17.6)
First thing that jumps out to me is what a sub-par team for someone going on an on about guppies.And you make it sound like you started a QB run but to me it looks like you were the one who fell victim taking Brees immediately after Brady and Rodgers(not that it's a bad pick but still).

How the hell do you end up with that RB corps while drafting with guppies? And your WRs arent impressive either. Weak squad.

Would be interesting to see how your team stacks up with the female 49er fan. Keep us posted. Actually, don't.
3-1 vs 1-3.... have a nice day!

You want a good headache....get into a guppies league and I guarantee you will not know what to do when it is your turn to draft. Tonight I had my draft with a league that I am in for many years now. It is friends from work and we have a great time....but the value that falls in these drafts and the mistakes that are made are hilarious. Here are some salient features of this draft which will help you get ready for such a draft:

- Someone drafted Matt Bryant - K, ATL in the 3rd round (3.01) thinking he was drafting Matt Ryan, QB Atl. And this is an online draft on yahoo so I am not sure how he went and searched for Matt bryant.

- Someone drafted Ryan Grant late

- The guy who drafted MJD at 1.12 did not get Jennings and I get him in the 16th round.

- This draft always has a run on QBs. So knowing that, I drafted Brees with 1.06 after the first 5 picks were top 3 RBs and Rodgers + Brady. Guess who goes 1.09 and 1.11 => Stafford and Cam Newton. Now it is a 6 pt/TD league but really?

- Brandon Marshall went 2.01 which is not all that bad.

- Mike Turner and Frank Gore went 3.5 and 3.9, before Charles, Ryan Matthews, Steven Jackson etc

- Greg Jennings went 2.4

One team (49 er homer) actually drafted as follows from 1.09:

Stafford => Greg Jennings => Frank Gore => San Fran D (yes in the 4th round) => Vernon Davis => Vincent Jackson => David Akers => Andrew Luck => Mike Tolbert => Mario Manningham => Gresham => Houston D => Laurent Robinson => Dexter McCluster => Burleson => Mike Nugent => Bernard Scott

I am still staring at her team on the screen completely perplexed at the incompetency of FF drafting. If this team above wins it all, I will never ever play FF again....I mean it.

Sorry I had to share this experience with some folks. While I am still in shock at the craziness that ensued at the draft, I landed up with the following team from 1.06. This is a 1 Qb, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB, TE, D, K league:

QB: Brees (1.6)

RB: Forte (2.7); Isaac Redman (6.7), Kevin Smith (8.7), Ryan Williams (9.6), Benson (13.6), Rashad Jennings (16.7)

WR: Jordy Nelson (3.6), Demaryus Thomas (4.7), Kenny Britt (7.6), Amendola (10.7), Lance Moore (12.7)

TE: Antonio Gates (5.6), Jacon Tamme (11.6)

K: Gostowski (14.7)

D: Cincy (15.6), Minnesota (17.6)
No Comment.
Gotta tell you man, I play in a very competitive, 12 team friends and family league that has 3 chicks in it. They work the wire, trade and talk smack with the best of them.

If you feel like you're above and beyond playing with females in 'fantasy' football - you're taking yourself way too serious.
Maybe he knows no females capable of playing fantasy football, or even ones that like football, cause I cant name one either. I play poker with a few women, they are just ATMs.
*shrug* Hang out with cooler chicks? Or don't, it's not a big deal and some guys like ff being a "guys club" thing. That's cool too. OP, your team is awful. The chick who you complain about has a better roster than you.

You want to talk about owning a guppy league draft where everyone else sucks, and you take advantage of it, this is how you brag:

PPR, can start 4 RB's for whatever reason. Took advantage of that big time, which left me weaker at WR but should allow me to dominate every week anyways, by virtue of a VERY high and consistent floor with all those RB's.

Matt Ryan, Jay Cutler

Darren McFadden, Ryan Mathews, Darren Sproles, Doug Martin, Kevin Smith, Ronnie Hillman

Pierre Garçon, Torrey Smith, Titus Young, Jon Baldwin, Leonard Hankerson, Danny Amendola, Emmanuel Sanders, Steve Smith STL

Jimmy Graham, Lance Kendricks

Bills D/ST

No Kickers, because...#### Kickers.

There you go. You'll still sound like a ######## coming onto a board full of "sharks" to brag about whipping on some guppies, but at least your team wouldn't be a pile of garbage.
How come the chick who has a better roster than me is 1-3, I am 3-1 and she is soon to be 1-4 as I go 4-1 after I beat her with half my starting team....I guess it is because you suck at FF :lol:

BTW the original reason for this thread was as follows (reproducing from the original post)....it was to get a discussion going on what to do when drafts go crazy and you have no idea who is going to be drafted where:

Users who are viewing this thread