What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Duke Ihenacho (DEN S) (1 Viewer)

Was at the game today and Duke went down early. Didn't look good as they had to help him off the field and was putting all his weight on one leg only. Word so far is that it's his ankle. Hope it's not serious. He was on his way to another good game before he left.

Word this morning is he was in a walking boot yesterday. Other than that no updates. At least he has a BYE week to get healthy if it's a sprain.

I saw the news on twitter yesterday, what a bummer. I just dropped TJ Ward last week for Duke, and this is what usually happens to me, unfortunately. Hopefully he will be OK, I think he would have been one of the top producing safeties yesterday had the injury not occurred.

I saw the news on twitter yesterday, what a bummer. I just dropped TJ Ward last week for Duke, and this is what usually happens to me, unfortunately. Hopefully he will be OK, I think he would have been one of the top producing safeties yesterday had the injury not occurred.
My luck is similar. I think he would have had a ton of tackles. Ugh.

I was watching the game. He was having a great game, had the interception in hand then got tackled twisting his ankle/knee where it caused him to let go the ball. It's unfortunate, since that would've been 4 tackles and an int in the first half...

If it's a high ankle sprain he'll be out for a while no?

I believe he has left at least 3 games because of his ankle. Not sure if it's the same ankle every time, but it's not a very good trend.

Honestly I think it's lucky to "only" have an ankle injury. On the play he got speared while on the ground and it looked like a knee/head/neck injury.

Yeah I would like to know also. Strange they took MRI on Julius Thomas' ankle but not Ihenacho's. Hopefully it's nothing serious and I'm leaning towards just a sprained ankle.

FWIW, he seems jovial on his tweeter...

If he were to get treatment instead of doing extra curricular activities, he would probably be a go but this guy spends time doing too many other things.

I doubt he suits up this weekend.

Didn't practice Thursday. I'd have a backup option in case. I'll let you know if he's out there Friday (which is the most important day).

Just texted my buddy who works for the paper here - Duke's out on the field practicing. He said someone got a quote from him saying he "hopes" he can play Sunday. If I get anymore updates on whether it's a full practice or not then I'll pass it along.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't seen one word on Duke this week. Will we know anything at all before it's too late? 4:15 game today...

I would like to start Ihenacho but will probably have to use either Beason (vs. GB) or Hawthorne (vs. SF) if he's healthy

All this drama and stashing him on my bench for 3 weeks for 3 effin tackles.

Uhhhhhh not happy.

Looks like David Bruton and Mike Adams were the defensive backfield starters vs. KC in Week 13. Ihenacho finished with 1 solo tackle. No idea what's going on there.

Looks like David Bruton and Mike Adams were the defensive backfield starters vs. KC in Week 13. Ihenacho finished with 1 solo tackle. No idea what's going on there.
I don't know anything about Burton, but if Mike Adams is starting over him he's still not healthy.

Last 4 weeks he has gotten my team 13 points. It's the playoffs this week and I'm debating whether I should drop him or not. He's been a big disappointment.

Hey Larry, ever since I dropped Roach, he's been killing it lately. On the other hand, how the hell did Nacho only get 1 tackle? Even if I played 72 snaps I'd have more.

I think his injury is slowing him to his tackles. He's still the best that they've got even though he's not 100%. This is sort of like Wagner's situation earlier when he was on the field but not productive for his fantasy owners. The ankle gets 100% and boom, back to 2012 #'s. In redrafts I am dropping him for the Morgan Burnett types as I have to see a good stat line before trusting him and there just isn't enough time left in the season for it.

Broncos strong safety Duke Ihenacho emerged from training camp as the starter and early in the season he did a fine job of making an impact in the running game while holding his own in coverage, though he certainly found himself lost at times. Sunday was one of those days as Ihenacho graded at -5.8 overall with negative grades in all phases of the game. He missed three tackles on the day, including two in the fourth quarter as he twice failed to take down running back Jamaal Charles on the Chiefs’ 17-play touchdown drive. He was also responsible for prolonging the drive at the 6:37 mark of the fourth as his face mask penalty on WR Dexter McCluster negated a third down stop and set up a 1st-and-goal situation from the 1-yard line that led to an easy Charles touchdown. Ihenacho also found himself in coverage on the Chiefs’ first touchdown of the day as he failed to keep up with WR Junior Hemingway on his 17-yard score. Sunday was easily Ihenacho’s worst game as a pro.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/12/02/refo-broncos-chiefs-week-13/

I'm so disappointed in Ihenacho and Woodyard. These two are gonna cost me a win in the playoffs. How can they combine for 2.5 points? So pissed.

He was benched and is no longer the starter.

Will he get his job back next year? He was such a stud earlier in the year I don't mind holding him on my roster if he can become the starter again.

He was benched and is no longer the starter.

Will he get his job back next year? He was such a stud earlier in the year I don't mind holding him on my roster if he can become the starter again.
it could happen, but I wouldn't count on it. He's not making the plays he made early in the year and Denver is in dire need of starting-caliber safeties so I think they make an effort to get better on the back end. Both at S and CB over the offseason.

What the hell happened here?

Washington secondary is bad enough for me to take a wait and see, but I need someone for week one with Reshad Jones out. This is off the reservation crazy, yes?

Users who are viewing this thread